If you agree God is the Creator, tgen must believe he is the Creator in essence, or not

If you agree God is the Creator, tgen must believe he is the Creator in essence, or not.

If you say he is in essence the Creator, then you are saying he could be nothing else.

If you say he is the Creator, but not in essence, then you must acknowledge the essence-energies distinction, as did the Holy Fathers: google.com/amp/s/energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2008/01/20/essence-and-energies-in-the-fathers/amp/

What?

So what's your point/question?

AHAHAHAHA NIGGERS

Arius did nothing wrong

The essence-energies distinction is a point of contention between Orthodox and Catholics

>essence-energies distinction
Are you willing to explain the two positions more?

It's an ontological distinction. Orthodoxy says it is possible to literally become God in energies, but not in essence. Catholicism says an ontological distinction in God is incompatible with his Oneness.

>it is possible to literally become God in energies
Sounds pretty jewish desu. Im with the Catholics on this one.

Then how do you answer the OP?

>If you say he is in essence the Creator, then you are saying he could be nothing else.
yeah, that's what I say. He is the Creator.

Then God could not exist prior to Creation, since creating is essential to his being. If God is Creator, but not in essence, then he is Creator in energies.

>you are saying he could be nothing else
Yeah, God could be nothing other than God.
Whats your point?

>God could not exist prior to Creation
There is no conceivable temporal relationship between God and any aspect of Creation. God exists outside of time.

You are limiting the sense of creation when you are making the distinction.

By saying God is *essentially* Creator, you are saying his being depends on creation.

>his being depends on creation
Without creation God wouldn't be God. Is there some deeper problem with this that im not seeing?

>Without creation God wouldn't be God.
Incorrect, since God was God before creation existed.

>before creation existed.
Why do you keep trying to constrain God with temporal concepts? It doesn't make any sense.

I'm not, you are by saying God is contigent upon time. God is "before all ages" as per the Nicene Creed.

>having three deities

>is contigent upon time
no, im saying God is contingent on Creation. Your idea of creation is too narrow.

Three hypostases, but they are operationally, essentially and ontologically the same.

Creation functions in time. Not even the devil himself can act outside of linear time, even if his sense of it is considerably more advanced than ours.

Time is a product of creation. God's act of creation (which includes the creation of time) necessarily transcends limitations of time.

What odd illogic.

I have a response though.

"Nonsense is nonsense even if you put the word 'God' in it."

C.S. Lewis

There is no time. Time is a mass perceptual hallucination subject to gravity, velocity, and a number of other factors.

Therefore God transcends creation. If he transcends it, how is he dependent on it?

Spacetime is one contiuum, so are you saying space doesn't exist either?

>Therefore God transcends creation.
That doesn't follow validly from anything I said.

What the fuck are you on

>Worship Gd

Or

>Worship Gd and Man

makes u ponder

Correct. Space has no properties.

Everything is fields, and fields are not particles.

All is the light.

--Nikola Tesla

Light, Be.

--YHWH

Anything else I can blow your mind with?

Platonist metaphysics are cancer and have no place in Christianity.

There is no such thing as "essence", there is only phenomena. "Essence" is a series of mental constructions used to organize a thing by arbitrarily grouping it with other things.

Answering the problem of universals with the assumption of real universals is a mistake, and leads to these kinds of ridiculous word games where you try and define things into existence.

The Deity does not exist in that way.

John 5:17—In his defense Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working."

Hebrews 13:7 Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

9 Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by eating ceremonial foods, which is of no benefit to those who do so. 10 We have an altar from which those who minister at the tabernacle have no right to eat.

You mean Theosis?

The main thing that makes the Eastern Church so distinctive from that of the West is that there is more legalism in the Western Church and more mysticism in the Eastern Church.
Theosis isn't exactly "becoming God in energy," as you put it. It is the mental and and spiritual transformation to become in union with God as much as possible.

I would recommend reading up on it.

It is SO cute when Paulians discuss their little sectarian differences.