IOTA is at ATL. Might want to start accumulating *the best coin*

IOTA is at ATL. Might want to start accumulating *the best coin*

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@IngoFiedler_96862/the-distribution-of-iota-tokens-dc70ea49b148
blog.iota.org/a-primer-on-iota-with-presentation-e0a6eb2cc621
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AESTHETIC
just bought a trill

Aesthetic AND innovation. Zero fees and no miner monopoly. The *true bitcoin killer*

Wasn't this proven to be a scam or at the very least a faulty architecture?

Scamcoins don't get $1b market caps. Plenty of people called eth a scam before the network got up and running (and even while it was running). They are still working out kinks, but read the whitepaper they are the real deal

i just took a lookaroo at their brown paper and i'm pretty excited for 2020. if they're still around by then i'll pick a couple up. it's pretty silly to push a currency for a network that isn't up and running yet.

Not saying go all in, but it's very cheap right now and will possibly get cheaper. If they do succeed it's not hard to see IOTA overthrowing bitcoin

>If they do succeed it's not hard to see IOTA overthrowing bitcoin
feel free to elaborate.

wake up!

Bitcoin uses miners to validate transactions, while in Iota every transaction validates two other transactions, so there are no miners and zero fees. This means that as Iota scales it becomes more secure and faster, whereas bitcoin becomes sluggish and more expensive. Also Iota uses winternitz ots which is quantum resistant, whereas sha256 is vulerable to quantum computers, although that wont be an issue for maybe 5 or 10 years.

i don't get it.

Just bought 300 million.

OK I'll bite. It's about time we actually shill a good coin

>zero fees
>quantum resistant
>gets faster with more transactions
>no chink monopoly

and the only real downside is that all the tokens to ever exist were created at the genesis. This means there is a potentially large concentration of token with the original adopters (presumably the devs), however, this article gives a somewhat coherent analysis of distribution and it seems pretty positive

medium.com/@IngoFiedler_96862/the-distribution-of-iota-tokens-dc70ea49b148

Nice, just bought 100k!

What does this mean

Read this blogpost first to get an overall-understanding: blog.iota.org/a-primer-on-iota-with-presentation-e0a6eb2cc621

IOTA is a new distributed ledger. Both its technological underpinnings and unique features open up new use cases which were never before possible with old blockchain technologies. IOTA was created as an open source distributed ledger software project. While it was inspired by the immutability of blockchain technology, it solves nearly every problem inherent in blockchain protocols. Instead of a blockchain, a directed acyclic graph (DAG), the Tangle, is used. IOTA is mostly made for the IoT as the technology for data integrity and industrial appliances. Furthermore pay on demand, micro-payments and machine to machine communication like sensor technology, smart cities, adaptive systems. To make it short: as the backbone for the Internet of Things.

Features:

Infinite scalability, lightweight design, quantum secure, no transaction-fees, no blocks, no mining, POW for transaction approval, JINN-processor-supported in the future, ternary (not binary)

internet of shit is so far away though, like decades

Zero fees alone make it better than any other coin

I means you will get rich as fuck

hipster ebola coin

I thought getting in at 100k sats was good kek
whatever, just hodling.

>get rich as fuck
i doubt it, i've only got 40gi. maybe i'll get enough to buy a used mazda though. bitches love used mazdas.

why buy iota when you can buy xrb

Someone who knows their crypto shit and wasn't shilling anything, guessed in 5 years or that each IOTA would be around $0.01 each. That puts a mIOTA $10K. Whatever happens, IOTA is a long, long term play. Cheap af right now though for sure.

how...would a token for micro transactions function if each iota was worth that much?

Define micro payments. PayPal defines micro payments as payments under $10 iirc. Payments of $0.01 are pretty micro imo.

IBM's Micro Payments was established c. 1999,[9] and were it to have become operational would have "allowed vendors and merchants to sell content, information, and services over the Internet for amounts as low as one cent".[10]

>Someone who knows their crypto shit and wasn't shilling anything, guessed in 5 years or that each IOTA would be around $0.01 each. That puts a mIOTA $10K. Whatever happens, IOTA is a long, long term play. Cheap af right now though for sure.
>IOTA will be worth $27 trillion, approximately 29% of projected world GDP

I have news for you dude, and you should try not to let your ego block it out

if you and your source are unable to check that math yourself you are CLEARLY too dumb for crypto and should be a bit more careful

100% honesty here man if you think IOTA will be 29% of world GDP in 5 years or you were too dumb to figure out that math you are not very bright.

2,779,530,283,277,761 total supply IOTA= 2,779,530,283 Mega Iota

Or,

2,779,530,283,277,761 IOTA

1,638,927,500,000,000 Satoshi

Is it really that hard for people to not think in terms of decimals?

Think of 1 IOTA as 1 Satoshi and there is less than twice the supply. IOTA is meant for micro transactions between Machines, not humans.

Is $100K bitcoin possible? That's $0.01 per sat.

who's to say what crypto will rook rike in 5 years old beans. it's not like i sold my house to buy iota. i don't know why people get so butthurt about speculations.