How do you feel about people over 30 with nothing saved for retirement?

How do you feel about people over 30 with nothing saved for retirement?
I work at a joint nursing home/assisted living home. There's the luxury side I work at and the other side for people on welfare. Most of the residents on my side are genuinely happy people. We go on trips to horse racing and stuff. We have happy hour once a week before dinner and Sunday brunch. These residents pay a 200k entrance free before rent and expenses. Then there's the other side. They eat basically bottom of the barrel slop. No outings, hardly any activities, no family comes to see them. A good amount are literally waiting in bed to die. All they have to do is puzzles while we have wii sports. Comparing the two, my side is in much better health. You can't walk 10 feet without passing someone who lost a leg to diabetes. There's very few diabetics on my side. There are no obese residents on my side. Money really does buy better health. I've can spend hours chatting with our residents. They're really interesting people. The poor people are eager to talk to anyone who won't walk away from them, like I do. They only reason I would ever sit down and chat with a poor resident is to find out where they fucked up in life to leave them here.
Sorry for the rant. If you could experience this too, you would have such motivation to invest and save. One more thing. The smokers. These are some of the most suicidally depressed people you will ever see. The only receive $10 a month from their check and that's only good for one pack here. I've seen poor residents crawl into the trash can in the employee smoking area looking for butts to smoke. There's a group who are up all night, all in wheelchairs, all missing a leg. They literally face a brick wall, don't say a word to each other, and chain smoke hoping today is the day they die.
You see the difference for yourself, I promise you, you will take retirement seriously.

>Money really does buy better health.

Yes, not smoking, regularly going for a run, and eating vegetables everyday is a really expensive way of living. Full retard.

Lol Reddit spacing op you dum dum!

31 year olds are old as hell and have no future, no time to save

>because they're not rich, no family comes to see them.

because no one loves you unless you have money, right? Actually that will probably be true for you, OP, but that doesn't mean it's true for everyone, you larping piece of shit.

The healthiest people I personally know who are older aren't "rich", they're just not shitty humans so they aren't disease, fat riddled walking corpses.

I have been eating a healthy diet since I was 18 and grew up eating reasonably healthy home cooked meals(thanks mummy)

I am doing everything I can do ensure that when I am older I am not going to have two worthless meat stumps for legs due to diabetes and sedentary lifestyle. I have a body that every shitlord envies, and if they could stop being weak faggots to their urges they could look like me too. I'm pretty positive that I will be one of those 70 year old guys still hiking up mountains, riding bikes etc.

Eating healthy is cheap, cardio is free, kettlebells are cheap. If you were born in the early 90's take a look back at your life and you will realize that shit started to really go wrong when technology became ubiquitous. Our bodies were made for cardio, our stomachs were made for real food. God help us all, but know that only those who find God within themselves will find the strength to save their soul from slowly calcifying into an idol of of modernity.

theres a lot of hacks out there and money really makes a difference when it comes to your health
I had doctors who literally wanted to cut me up over minor bullshit. then get a second opinion from a real expert and - surprise surprise - its really nothing.

its an absolute nobrainer user
if youre seriously ill you want the best healthcare that money can buy
thats why you need to get rich

What is processed meat and natural bio expensive as shit meat? What are gmo fruits and veggies full of shit and natural triple priced ones? What is all the fucking varied foods you need for a balanced diet instead of just "eating vegetables everyday"? What is regularly going for a run when you work 8-12 hours a day depending on how much you need to work and coming home dead tired?

What is being a retard?
>(You)

This. I don't feel bad for those dumb fucks at all. They brought it upon themselves and will pay the price accordingly.

also what is being run over by a truck and losing your legs because the second rate doctor you can afford is a hack?

>ITT a bunch of teenagers who havent come to terms with their own mortality yet

These people's peak earning years were basically the in the best financial years of this country's history. Maybe even the world. They thought the good times would roll forever and didn't see the need to plan for the future. In some ways you have to pity them.

It sucks being a millennial, but hopefully coming of age in a time of economic hardship an seeing our parents get exposed in the 2008/2009 financial crisis makes better savers/investors of us all.

Living heathily learning interesting/lucrative things, and long-term investing all require the ability to delay gratification, as well as motivation to strive for long-term goals. So does not smoking for that matter.

I don't think there's any causation between being poor and being a boring fat diabetic waste of space, just a common cause.

But I agree with OP that seeing this firsthand would probably increase your motivation to save.

As for "what do I think about people over 30 who don't save", I'm very concerned that they form the voting majority, and I'm scared that they'll try to pass legislation to steal my savings, or tax my Roth accounts, or some shit like that. I try to make friends around the world so that I've got a pathway to living in many different countries to escape this, but at some point I guess I'll be committed.

In a few decades we'll start to see GenXers in this situation which is kinda understandable, a lot of them were promised pensions that were then taken away, which of course would fuck up their long-term plans that they were decades into, plus they were the first generation to get fucked by the boomers (permanently low interest rates and parents telling them to invest in bonds and fixed-income securities and stupid shit like that that hasn't had a good yield in 30 years), so maybe they didn't know how to handle it.

People who are 30 now and have no retirement savings I hate, they should be barred from voting forever.

>How do you feel about people over 30 with nothing saved for retirement?

Good for them. Retirement is a racket, saving is not.

>We go on trips to horse racing and stuff. We have happy hour once a week before dinner and Sunday brunch. These residents pay a 200k entrance free before rent and expenses.

Only people with degenerate brain function would not recognize what an enormous rip-off this is and to be honest its probably worth the price as these people are probably hated by their families.

What are you going to do? This is the society we have. No future.

>as well as
I meant "all require".

>parents telling them to invest in bonds

I'm in the middle of setting up my Roth, I'm in my mid 20s and everyone has told me to put at least 10% into bonds. Is that too much or too little or just right?

10% in bonds is probably about right. 50-60% in something like SPY that tracks the stock market, and 30-40% in more aggressive/riskier ETFs or funds. 20s are a good time to take on more risk - as you get older you would want to shift more to less risky assets.

I have most of my money in a "Retirement 2060" target date fund which I think right now is 10% bonds. If I were setting my own allocations I'd probably make it 0, but it's close enough to a wash I think that I'll just leave it be.

It's the people saying to be 40%+ bonds because "stocks are gambling" that you need to be worried about.

god dammit I miss when biz was like this...simple, no bullshit advice. Thanks fellas.

Heh, give it another week of pink wojaks then I think (hope) we'll be back to normal.

yes, yes, keep buying food with poorly regulated stamps on it for four times its value.

As long as I have a gaming PC I don't see a problem.

08/09 didnt really alter much

most people live day2day on debt limits because they see no need to save at 0% rates

others like myself live on the bare minimum, ride some stocks, keep 10% safe and bought a stake in this record debt.

i figure since everyone keeps kicking the can, i'll take a cut of this loan interest.

>bought a stake in this record debt

Can you elaborate on that? I like your line of thinking.

also trips checked

lol at all those excuses for being unhealthy. get a grip you faggot.

>le GMO boogeyman
>the food industry is evil
>damn, it's so hard to buy a bag of frozen, mixed vegetables
>i work overtime on some retarded wagecuck job, sacrificing my health in the process, so I can save money for retirement, which doesn't matter anyway because i'll be a drooling, diabetic blob when the time comes.

You only proved my point, retardation makes you unhealthy.

one great way to be healthy is to be vegetarian. but no, none of you burgers are gonna go for that. instead you'll whine about how they're poisoning all the meat while you keep eating it every day.

Civilization won't be around in ~40 years, so there's no retirement to worry about.

Yeah, the population boom is gonna kill us all. By 1985 probably everyone will know somebody that has starved to death. There's just no way Mother Earth can feed us all.

This, the organic food industry is a big scam. People overestimate the impact food has on your health anyway, genes are the biggest determinant of your health at old age. Of course you should avoid obvious shit like being a fat fuck, constantly raise your blood sugar, smoking, having a shit job where you're huffing carcinogenic vapors all day, etc.

It's more to do with their kids.

>Money really does buy better health.

Not really. Most people who are responsible with money are also responsible with their health. some people are too stupid to think long-term. I only wish social security was voluntary so I wouldn't have to fund other people's stupidity.

>These people's peak earning years were basically the in the best financial years of this country's history. Maybe even the world.

That's completely false. The best financial years were right before the FED was created. Once the Federal Reserve was created, everything began to get fucked up because the Fed is a scam and the USD began to lose value the minute they began printing it.

The best financial years for the USA was the 19th Century. During that time the USA was truly a financial superpower; all due to the fact that actual capitalism and commerce were allowed to flourish with little government intervention. You had low taxes and little regulation. That's why America was called the "Land of opportunity."

Granted yes the boomers did live in a better financial period that we live in.

Still, at the end of the day, no one is really going to save with 0% interest. Of course the whole joke is on millennials, of course the millennials get screwed. Combine a fake economy with the fact that you start out in debt from college, then you have crushing state taxes especially in the Northeast (which is hemorrhaging people right now) and you get someone like me who just got out of debt at the age of 29.

The biggest joke of them all? My parents coming to me and telling me that I should be saving for retirement. What a fucking joke. They told me that while I was still paying off my school debt!

HAHAHAHAHA

its a joke

I'm a vegetarian you stupid cuckster

p2p lending is an easy way in and relatively low risk, the ones that let you see the loans are great learning tools.

>Still, at the end of the day, no one is really going to save with 0% interest.
You don't save for retirement with a bank savings account you mouth breather.