Make a "christian nation"

>make a "christian nation"
>muh "down with the eagle up with the cross"
>don't even put the cross correctly on the flag

explain

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltire
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think they just made a flag that looks pretty, nothing more to it than that. No symbolism, other than using stars and red, white, and blue colors.

The actual flag of the confederacy was originally just the Austrian flag with a blue square with a circle of stars in it.

>Austrian flag
I don't think Austria was discovered yet.

>>don't even put the cross correctly on the flag
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltire
and at least post a correct/good CSA flag

st andrews cross

>a country comprised of the least educated folk in the country didn't survive
Gee, I wonder why.

Plus it's a fucking ugly flag. I get more upset that people are proud of that monster than I do with what the flag stands for.

It's a saltire you idiot.

Also this It was never the flag of the country.

this flag looks kinda cool tho desu

Down with the eagle and up with the cross is referring to that exact cross. Not Christianity (the north was just as Christian as the south so it wouldn't make sense)

the north was secular

CSA was specifically a christian nation

You just made that up, didn't you?

The north was most certainly not secular, at least in practice if not theory

The abolitionists were no more or less devout than the slave masters were.

That wasn't even their flag

It's the Saint Andrew's Cross you dumbass

>the north was secular
I hope you're joking. Battle hymn of the Republic is literally a religious song.

The South literally made their own sect because they wanted one that said slavery was okay, and the sect they broke away from was a breakoff of a breakoff in the first place. They're not real Christians.

Except it isn't.

>the north was secular
>what is John Brown

Also, a decent number of Confederate political and military leaders were irreligious or rarely public spoke on religion

Nope. It's referring to Saint Andrew's cross. "Down with the eagle and hoist up the cross (flag)"

The union version is "Down with the traitors and up with the Stars (flag)"

how dumb do you have to be to say america isn't secular

The kind of dumb that insinuates that the first country ever established with an explicit Separation of Church and State is a "Christian (as in Christianity is the national religion) Nation"

>get kicked out of England for being too radical
>most colonies make it illegal to even be a Catholic
>be the most rabid Protestants in the world
>only atheist founding father barely has any influence on the outcome of the nation
>most Christian founding father is the first president
Even today Americans are the most religious westerners in the world North or South.

That flag looks horrendous

Damn, was John Brown really 12 feet tall?

Daily reminder that Judah P Benjamin wasn't Christian, he was a jew

Funny how when John Brown murders, commits treason, and foments a rebellion its all fine and dandy, but when southerners do it its all "traitor" this and "betrayal" that.

They didn't want to offend southern Jews.

Separation of church and state is there to protect the church from the state. The nation is Christian but we will not one denomination over others, and we will not coerce people into following Christ. Not only are we NOT secular, we are the first (and only) nation to follow the world of Christ.

Actually, many nations before the US were openly Christian nations. The Byzantine and Russian empires for example..

>Separation of church and state is there to protect the church from the state.

Agreed. But most people who use the phrase "America is a Christianity" unironically are using it to imply Christianity is or should be the state religion and that our laws should be based on it.

>The nation is Christian but we will not one denomination over others, and we will not coerce people into following Christ. Not only are we NOT secular, we are the first (and only) nation to follow the world of Christ.

Well Christianity is the majority religion in the United States, so the nation is Christian in that respect.

Your point? Benjamin was irreligious most of his life as well, hence why he married a non-Jewish woman.

Also I wasn't referring to Benjamin, I was referring to Maxcy Gregg who was a fedora-tipping Atheist before fedoras were even invented.

I just don't get how many lefties could admire Brown when he clearly wanted a largely secular (albeit slaveholding) democracy replaced with an authoritarian theocracy.

Okay, it's a win if you're black, it's a loss if you don't believe in Brown's very narrow interpretation of Christianity or a woman.

>we are the first (and only) nation to follow the world of Christ

What?

I meant to say word of Christ. All other "Christian" nations have spit in the face of Jesus Christ and his teachings.

I've had drunk TS3 arguments about this before.

He's basically saying Christ was a lolbertarian and that the best way to honor him is to let people be free to worship him as they choose.

You can't be this delusional...

Rejecting religious liberty = rejecting Christ

I'm not talking about that, I'm mocking you for saying that the US government is in tandem with christian values given its foreign policy.

The current American government does not reflect the nation as defined in the Constitution.

You're trying to say that the US Constitution is the only founding document of a nation ideologically compatible with the New Testament? I find that hard to believe.

Keep in mind you are arguing with this

>Claim to be a Christian group.
>Burns cross.

>Separation of church and state is there to protect the church from the state
Like fuck it is. Throughout Western history churches were political organisations that played their games just as hard as politicians and kings did. With their separation governments assured that they would officially remain little more than a piece of decoration and a vessel for conservative identities to manifest in until the whole concept of organised religion wanes away completely.

The Confederacy was a Jewish plot to get white people killed in the process of ending slavery. That's why Grant wanted to drive the Jews out of the CSA.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

t. /pol/tard who couldn't pass basic US History

>America
>actually following Christian teachings
>2017

You must have been asleep for the last 20+ years

it's an adaptation of the Scottish saltire because many came from extreme Scottish Protestant and Calvinist backgrounds.

No one cares you larping namefag.

John Brown and his entire gang were also hanged for their crime of treason.

TBF the US would be a much better place if we hanged every southerner and repopulated the area with people who have a family tree instead of a family hedge.

lol, no.
There was no such bullshit.
He's actually, sorta.
The fathers saw from Europe what a politically influenced clusterfuck results when you make a state religion, so they made churches one way or another exempt from that mess so they could focus on the stuff they are actually made for.
That's what that edgy "the results of Christianity have been..." quote(from Jefferson, i think) fedoras throw around is actually about.

actually right.

Exactly this. Most slave traders were jews and they just wanted to protect their enterprise, as well as flood a white nation with more niggers.

The saltire has been part of Christian symbolism since the fucking days of Chi-Rho

>le southerners are inbred meme
If you intend to to replace the southerner population with a less inbred population, then you must exclude all muslims, especially pakis. They are far more inbred than anyone in the south could ever hope to be.

then show us saint Andrews cross

>Most slave traders were jews

Source

>Source

/pol/ aka full of shit

Wow what a great reply.

>tfw AP U.S. history exam in 45 minutes
>we talked about the Civil War last semester and since I've had to memorize a bunch of progressive era bullshit, not to mention both world wars and some of vietnam
I'm fucking done for lads.