It's 2009.

You're not seriously going to be long stocks, are you?

You need Gold.

Other urls found in this thread:

adventuresinfinance.realvision.libsynpro.com/website/22-murderer-gambler-aristocrat-pauper-john-law-the-godfather-of-central-banking-financial-history-part-2
federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/files/quarterly_balance_sheet_developments_report_201705.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP, I seriously hope you are not bullish on gold right now. Have you ever looked at a chart before? Sell that shit quick.

2009 was an incredible time to go balls deep in the market user

>said people in 2014
>said people in 2015
>said people in 2016
>said people in 2017 q1/q2

why

fed is keeping this bubble alive son. I admit they have kept this ride going longer than i could have dreamed but it will end eventually. Just be ready for it

meanwhile $1 of equities on that graph would be 250k by now

They have raised rates 4 times now and sold off a lot of their balance sheet

Now that the fed are getting tighter with monetary policy (and central banks around the world), what do you feel is going to happen to the markets, now that there won't be as much cheap money floating around? Do you think the indices will perform near as well as they have 2009-2017? Or will we see a slow down?

monetary policy is a blunt instrument. feds ability to create or pop bubbles is pretty much non existant despite what people on /pol/ might tell you.

2017 has been a great year so far after 3 rate raises, I see no reason for it to stop barring bad political events/international crises

If there are any people who work in financial jobs, it'd be great if you could give insights

We have never been allowed to audit them. Central banks are the worst thing to ever be invented. To think that one institution should determine what the market should naturally decide is interest.
adventuresinfinance.realvision.libsynpro.com/website/22-murderer-gambler-aristocrat-pauper-john-law-the-godfather-of-central-banking-financial-history-part-2

I would recommend this podcast but there are many that explain the origins of central banking and its faults.

I'm not on either side, but would CDs and bonds start to become more attractive as rates pick up over time, pulling money from the markets?

gold is retarded shitcoins for boomers

literally same moron tier

There was never a "recovery" after 2008 senpai. They change how they calculate inflation and and cpi all the time to cover for the shit economy. Most of these new "jobs" are part time shit while people think gubmint jobs are good for the economy when it is a net drag.
Who knows when this shit will explode. My father trades futures for a living and he thought the economy should have crashed back in the 80s but he's surprised it has lasted this long. couple be a couple years or even a decade before it breaths its last and we can finally reallocate assets instead of propping shit up.

could've doubled your investment in 2.5 years

I know lots of people whow have predicted a crash in the market for the last couple years. They have been holding cash while I have made double digit returns.

Just invest and hold.

Never been able to audit them? The entire balance sheet and all transactions are publically available, as are the MINUTES of every single meeting they have.

comb through this:

federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/files/quarterly_balance_sheet_developments_report_201705.pdf

there, you have just audited the fed.

Yes and no.

On the one hand, higher rates make "risk free" investments like bonds, cds etc. more attractive obviously.

On the other hand, the interest rate set by the fed sets a fundamental signal about the strength of the economy. Higher rate = strengthening/healthier economy = better investment opportunities = higher returns to equities. So as the general equilibrium interest rate rises, we expect stocks to be more attractive too.

Most times the fed announced rate raises this year, stocks climbed.

if you are sill delusional enough not to understand that the entire finance sytem is jewish organized crime you need to sit down and reevaluate that you have been lied to by these criminals since birtth

most the jobs added are fulltime
inflation is

Yeah from people dying

>inflation is

2.5 years is pretty bad to be honest. For similar levels of risk, you could do that in about a week with coins.

If Trump wants a strong, self reliant, heavy exporting country, do you think the higher dollar, that could result from the increasing rates, may hinder some companies, particularly those involved with commodities like crude oil and its derivatives? Also, what of the higher borrowing companies and consumers will face, will that not eventually impact earnings?

Valuations are edging to the extremes, at this moment, how much more can this really justifiably grow?

*higher borrowing costs

>Now that the fed are getting tighter with monetary policy (and central banks around the world), what do you feel is going to happen to the markets, now that there won't be as much cheap money floating around? Do you think the indices will perform near as well as they have 2009-2017? Or will we see a slow down?

We're in a long term bull market going to the 2030s

a 7% drop in one year and sideways for a couple after that is meaningless