How did the white skin become a beauty standard of women in many countries and cultures?

How did the white skin become a beauty standard of women in many countries and cultures?

By being beautiful + people having eyes - ideology

>It is beautiful because it is beautiful

Yes. Beautiful is a quality. Like white is white, sweet, sweet, etc.

White is a color evocative of cleanliness/purity while black is a color evocative of other undesirable things such as dirt, excrement or darkness. That's not to say that, for example, sub saharan peoples looked upon their women as unattractive, simply that in every culture across the world lighter skin was more sought after since it implied cleanliness, a lack of blemishes and a body untouched by hard labor from being outside all the time.

T. Retard

It contrasts the tanned appearance of farmer peasants. Men powder their faces too.

Sorry it's not the answer do you want to hear? If the thread survives long enough someone will eventually give the "right" answer, that is whatever confirms what you already think.

Whiteness is neotenous, in the populations when it arose or rises randomly and rarely it's valuation is recognized.

Most of the world where it occurs rarely or uncommonly it's attached to fertility because lighter skin is connected to blood flow, notions of heat, child birth. Looking at women when ovulating and pregnant the skin thins and thus the undertones of oranges, reds and yellows show in darker overtones.

Still it's not universal, amongst the Onge they see the lighter skin Indians as ugly and the color of a skinned deer. So I believe lighter skin is connected to Agricultural and horticultural society, the specialization of skills, indoor work, polygamy, etc...

You use circular logic; therefore, you are retarded Aristotelian. You can not even define white. You start with a conclusion, and work your way back.

I do want to clarify by whiteness I mean redness/yellowness. I forget when ferenji say white they mean actually pale or light, light beige skin.

Because most people tan when they spend time in the sun. Historically, feminine beauty has been defined by the opposite of whatever makes them look like they do work. So back in the days when most people worked in the fields, light skin and a plump figure marked a woman as desirable. Now that everyone works in offices and eats McDonald's, tan skin and a slim figure are more generally desirable. Obviously people have a wide variety of personal preferences, I'm not saying that tan skin was ever wholly undesirable, or that pasty skin is undesirable now.

Because these are descriptive, not explanatory statements. You don't even know where logic applies. Amusing.

Logic can be applied to anything in the bounds of language. You are a fool.

"White is beautiful because it iz beautiful"

You sound like a mouth breather.

Because Hitler was right about the Aryan origins of high culture and its dissemination throughout the darker regions. Ancient cultures have stories about the great white people coming from the north and bringing them culture and technology. Even today you'll find that other cultures are incredibly racist to their darker-skinned neighbours, but they all love whitey. I remember when I was a young boy a passing Chinese man reached out and rustled my blonde hair. Apparently it was for luck.

>hurr description is mutually exclusive to explaination hurr semantics durr

Please do explain to us beauty and attraction using logic. It should be funny. You are a funny guy.

Whites have the power. There are many black and brown beautiful people but whites have more exposure.
Don't forget Veeky Forums's obsession with asian women

A tan is still a sign of whiteness. Our skin turns a luxurious gold, whereas other races just get darker.

White is the only race that can tan. It is a sort of humiliation to other races.

WE

Funny how? Am I a clown? Do I amuse you?

I was criticizing your half brained post, and how it was irrational explaination and insufficient.

Beauty is mathematical, symmetry proportions, status etc. This is a superior explaination that your "it is just cuz"

WUZ

Turning bronze is still a sign of getting darker you nimrods as well being brown.
>inb4

ANCIENT KANGZ

You have explained it then! White color is beautiful because it's symmetric, as opposed to the other colors.

Not sure what you're getting at here friend.

>Beauty is mathematical, symmetry proportions, status etc.
But that's wrong

They are beautiful as fuck

Continuation: I'm posting beautiful Brazilians who aren't white.

You are an idiot then! I never mentioned white in my post. You point words in my mouth to fit your point.

WEW LAD you are a retard.

Idolization of the conqueror.

>that's wrong
>doesn't explain why

You are only trowing insults around without saying anything intelligent. I'd say you're the retard friendo

Because certain facial features are found attractive, not symmetry

>being impressed about India when it was all ready half-dead after Aurangzeb's chimp out (even then most of the Western powers were BTFO at the beginning)

>Why did white skin become a beauty standard?
>because it's symmetric!

Actually I'm not impressed at all, I think it's sad really.

I just wanted to post a dank Pepe.

Wrong, retard, learn to read. You literally made up something to prove your point. I said the most logical explanation for beauty is mathematical. Then you superimposed and said that is the explaination for whiteness associated with beauty - I never said that. Color is arbitrary when compared to bone structure, and mathematical form.

So, if you are reading, I disagree with OPs claim, but I am saying there is a universal beauty standard, and its reason is mathematical. Color is to much in flux.

Oh, and I keep insulting you because you are stupid, so you deserve it.

Oh okay. Here's another one

>literally making it up for an easy straw man

>I said the most logical explanation for beauty is mathematical.
Except that is wrong. I've gotta a math book you could fap to if you'd like though.

These certain facial features are measurable. What do you measure with? Numbers.

Also, it has everything to do with symmetry.

Eyes are parted at a certain ratio. Distance between nose and mouth, etc.

Now eat my shit peasant.

I'll pass thanks.

Nice doubles though.

You must be a hick. Or you have a plebeian understanding of math that is limited to basic algebra and arithmetic.

There's no logical explanation for beauty. Better men than you (Kant for instance) have tried and given up on it. It'd be nice if you could educate yourself so as to be up to date on the matter next time you would like to discuss the subject.

Their own history states that their culture comes from the Aryans in the north.

Gee user, the words that come out of your mouth are not very... symmetrical. It kind of tells me that you must not have a very symmetric mind.

>better than me
>Kant

Kant was an unwordly retard. Never left his oh papa village.

Categorical imperative is shit and most of his works were complete nonsense waste of time (like you).

And retard, pay attention to how I use terms. I said the most logical explaining for beauty is mathematical. I did not say logic is the cause for us finding things beautiful. All the same, what I have hitherto said was far far superior to what you said.

this is real simple

Most people dark skin > light skin is valued
most people light skin > darker skin is valued
most people fat > skinny is valued
most people skinny > fat is valued

Gee you must be a faggot who can not into math. Waste arguing with this fucking nazi.

Oh, and it is not coming out of my mouth, I am typing it.

You dumb yokel.

Someone keep feeding this guy for when I come back tomorrow. It's too good!

Right, the rarity aspect makes things beautiful.

Math is still involved in this.

its always interesting seeing people talk shit about people that are known for intellect around the world

yet they are here instead of advancing humanity or writing something that will be remembered they are posting on an anonymous image board

>he can't into figurative language
>the autist meme is true!

>Kant
>advancing humanity
>said every Jew should be drowned

>figurative
>euphemism for lazy

colonization by european powers

>Kant was a retard

Yeah, I agree with ya buddy, kant was overrated. You sound like a Hobbes guy.

It was a beauty standard in East Asia well before colonization though.

I do like Hobbes. I like his epistemology and his advocacy of scientific method. Can not say I agree with his pro monarch conclusion.

How did the symmetric skin become a beauty standard of women in many countries and cultures?

>White is a color evocative of cleanliness/purity while black is a color evocative of other undesirable things such as dirt, excrement or darkness.

Then why did Africans sacrifice so many Albino children?

>>said every Jew should be drowned

You're supposed to be discrediting him, not selling me the idea that I really need to read Kant.

>It was a beauty standard in East Asia well before colonization though.
Same deal in East Asia and upper South Asia as Europe because we're all tanning people. Brown bitches are rice paddy waders, pale white are high maintenance upper crust.

I think he's misremembering Luther.

>said every Jew should be drowned
WTF I love Kant now? Source?

Fucking savage.

Ah, bitter nazi. This explains why you are disagreeable as you are delusional.

You can ignore what I say, but it will never change what I said, as it is fact.

Do not believe me? Get plastic surgery to misalign your face. Think white is beautiful? Bleach your skin, or paint yourself white. Do a little experiment on yourself. Or maybe, you know I am right, and no one has found you beautiful because of how close your eyes are to each other.

Nah, Google Kant Jews.

Pic related ugly in the middle, beautiful on the left and right.

You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded.

Kant was right.

The most beautiful animal in the world.

How can humans even compete?

Math retards

Japanese tan.

because it is exotic, and people naturally find the exotic desirable

This, there's a reason the word like light, pure shine, sun, etc connotes to goodness while the word darkness, shadow, etc, connotes to something bad and often evil

That thing fucking sucks.

There's a level of beauty that only certain races can attain. Those with fair skin often have exotic hair/eye colors, which cannot be found in people of darker complexion. Not saying there cannot be an attractive black/Asian/brown person, but there aren't any UNIVERSALLY attractive people under those categories. Example: A Chinese woman who is a 10/10 in her country may not be 10/10 in another country in another continent.

Tl:;Dr only whites can be so attractive

5/10. Not attracted to Lupe whatsoever

>Brazilians
>Who aren't white
Well that goes without saying

Yeah we took what they had and developed it in our own way.
And I don't really get what you're getting at. Indo-European culture in Europe was wiped out by the Abrahamic faiths so I guess everything you have is because of the jews?

>There's a level of beauty that only certain races can attain. Those with fair skin often have exotic hair/eye colors, which cannot be found in people of darker complexion. Not saying there cannot be an attractive black/Asian/brown person, but there aren't any UNIVERSALLY attractive people under those categories. Example: A Chinese woman who is a 10/10 in her country may not be 10/10 in another country in another continent.
This is bro-science

There are white brazilians like this one

or this one

Because black overshadow ever color.
Consider the following, how can black's fashion utilize eye shadow, eye brow ,mascara(long eye lash) , lipstick on the same degree as yellow and white?

It is damn obvious that for a black face and a white face with identical geometry, the white face's feature is more noticeable.
This is basic science, black absorbs light, white reflects light, white object is always easier to examine than black object.

A black face is devoid of the spectrum of shades appliable to lighter face, is handicapped on observability by onlooker.

or even this one

or maybe this one