Christianity estranging us from our Ancient societies

Does anyone else feel that Christianity estranges us from our pagan past?
Supposedly if only the Jews knew the one true God, what could be made of ancient Roman, Greek, Celtic, and Germanic societies?
It really kinda fucks up our history if they all lived lives that ended in hell.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Those ignorant of Christ are not sent to hell.

Where do they go, and what scriptural basis is there for the answer?

Bullshit. All unbelievers stand before God without excuse.

Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse....

By your idiotic logic, Jesus' Great Commission to tell everyone the gospel was Jesus' attempt to condemn mankind.

Jesus did not come to condemn the world. It was already condemned from Eden forward. He came to save those who wanted to be saved.

Say it with me.
*draws breath*
WE

Purgatory

There is none. There is only one mention of people in hell who knew more and rejected more getting more stripes (lashes) and people who knew less and rejected less getting fewer lashes.

Luke 12
And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

Catholic fanfic with zero basis in the bible.

>what scriptural basis is there for the answer?

No. Ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ.

Ignorance of the Law is no excuse on heaven or earth.

Christ is evident in the universe, which that verse clearly states, so rather than ignorance, a person not accepting Christ's gift of salvation stands condemned.

Not innocent.

>his invisible attributes are clearly seen

what

The Divine Comedy
meh works for me

Power. Glory. Order. Fashion sense.

It may satisfy your incuriousity, but it will not stand before God, as you will.

>The Divine Comedy
>scripture
i want some answer tbqhwukin

how can I see something that is invisible? Your bible is kinda retarded senpai

>For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen
>Christ's gift of salvation
where was this in 500 BC Jutland?

By its effects. You can't see the wind, but you can see leaves being blown by the wind.

You can't see God's power, but you can imagine it by what it took to speak the universe into existence.

It's not retarded from the inside, only from the outside.

Anyone who believed in Moses and the prophets believed in Jesus, because they were talking about Jesus.

Paradise, the good side of Hades, was well populated when Jesus died and led those people into heaven. The story revolved around a random beggar who made it into Paradise prior to Jesus' death. A person who the Jews would have reviled. And yet the person the Jews would have respected, the rich man, went to Torment.

>You can't see God's power, but you can imagine it by what it took to speak the universe into existence.
why couldn't we just be living in Middangeard by this logic?

*paints face with woad*
WUZ

>Anyone who believed in Moses and the prophets believed in Jesus, because they were talking about Jesus.
>500 BC Jutland

>Paradise, the good side of Hades, was well populated when Jesus died and led those people into heaven. The story revolved around a random beggar who made it into Paradise prior to Jesus' death. A person who the Jews would have reviled. And yet the person the Jews would have respected, the rich man, went to Torment.
>500 BC Jutland

But people already had an explaination for those phenomenas; their own gods. How could they differentiate those from Christ? Why would they assume some extra power is involved?

Paganism is for insular racist types who care more about DNA and dead societies than universalism and divine love. We are all the children of God.

Pagan "civilization" was an age of ignorance and savagery

Sorry, I don't LARP.

>Pagan "civilization" was an age of ignorance and savagery
kek you posted a bunch of Christians

here's some ancient pagans

Allow me to further cite the same verse.

Romans 1
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Believing in God is a big deal to God.
Not believing in God is a big deal to God.

If you think the torah did not get widely disseminated, as it was written a thousand years before then, you're gravely mistaken.

>Sorry, I don't LARP.
Is this all that your search for truth can be quantified as?
you follow it only because it's the established belief system?
I'm not a pagan, but i think you should be able to quantify your beliefs better

show me Torahs in ancient Europe outside of Jewish settlements anywhere

but then again, the Jews were an incredibly closed ethnicity who seemed to like to use YHWH as a justification for their actions over a spreading of salvation.

I believe the truth because it's the truth.

I don't make shit up and I don't believe the "established belief system".

You're of course free to do as you see fit, and then reap the consequences.

Babylonian/Persian captivity 600 BC spawns Zoroastrianism, based on the torah.

Strangers, and Jews who lived outside of Israel, traveled to Jerusalem at least once per year.

We're all one big family, dude. Word gets around when there is a living God in Israel.

>>>>>>>>>

>Babylonian/Persian
>Europe

>spawns Zoroastrianism, based on the torah
>Semites trying to steal Indo-European culture

>wow statue big and shiny! me love statue! statue is god!

So basically they knew internally that they were wrong?

Europeans stole Babylonian culture.

>I believe the truth because it's the truth.
quantify this, if it is the truth it can be revealed to be so

and by this i shouldn't have to believe to have it revealed to be the truth, it should be believed because it is the truth

If you made a statue of a bird and declared that the bird created the universe, would you believe you were telling the truth?

lol
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion

You cannot believe unrevealed truth.

If you are seeking the truth, his name is Yehoshua.

So, so ignorant using wiki as an authority.

In all cases.

lets see how God's Chosen People are doing right now

>So, so ignorant using wiki as an authority.
>In all cases.
might i see your sources?
mine are well-sourced, with anthropological studies backing it as the leading understanding

Daniel didn't bow down. Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego didn't bow down. They did just fine.

theyre still around

i dont see any babylonians however

>You cannot believe unrevealed truth.
so let's get this straight, it goes something like:
>believe the Christian narrative is the truth
>now you think it is the truth because you believe it is the truth
it's circular logic unless:
>convince me that it is the truth from outside the faith
then i accept it is the truth

>If you are seeking the truth, his name is Yehoshua.
proofs

>zero basis in the Bible
Are you claiming that the Bible contains the sum total of God's Will and Creation?

other East Semites are around

I'm not saying the Babylonians were good either

Why are you wasting your time

because i seriously, honestly, want to believe that Christianity is right, and i want my doubts casted away

the conversation ITT is only furthering my doubts

>because i seriously, honestly, want to believe that Christianity is right
why

>Adding to the Torah
>Innovating a new religion

Your idolatry is unsustainable and false.

Christianity is bullshit though, and nobody is stopping you from worshiping multiple deities if you so chose.

Although you are right that christfaggotry is tedious hebrew bullshit that no european has any business believing in.

That's what happens when you listen to fedoras larping as fundies.
Do you know how I reconcile my concerns about pagans and unbaptized babies or whoever going to hell?
By trusting God.

If you don't believe God is a capricious asshole, then why would you believe he would act like one?

>b-but the Bible says
The Bible was written by men who were inspired by God. It does not contain the blueprints of the universe, or the complete revelation of God's will. There's no reason to believe it can tell you anything more than only the most superficial things about the nuances of the here after, as it's province is the living, not the dead.

Do not concern yourself with the souls of the dead, trust that God will treat them justly. The only soul which should concern you is your own.

The inerrant Word of God. The bible. Perhaps you've heard of it.

Your thinking is as muddy as your posting.

It's easy to believe the truth. It's not easy finding the truth.

I'm stating directly that there is no "purgatory" in the bible, at all.

That it is, in fact, Catholic fanfic.

Was my prior post unclear?

It does, however, clearly state that all dead babies go to heaven.

You know, if you bother reading it once in a while.

It also demonstrates why everyone, not just pagans, deserve to go to hell.

You know, again, if you bothered reading it.

The last thing anyone should wish for another is that God judges them "justly".

Because we gutted our own culture for the sake of a foreign belief that isn't even truth

The New Covenant is open to all mankind.

Your "culture" does not have a monopoly on objective truth, by definition.

STF you inbred kike.

Strong argument. You must have been on your University debate team.

t. Varg

>""""""""""""we"""""""""""" gutted
>""""""""""""our own"""""""""""" culture
you're not a roman m8, quit fucking larping

Putting 'culture' in quotation marks doesn't make it not culture faggot
I'm also along you to show how it is true, and this you have not done.

I'm ethnically an Anglo, a Germanic, an Indo-European, a people with their own pre-Christian beliefs and culture.
This is objectively true.

your culture wasn't truth either

Christianity kept pagan traditions alive while removing its primitive, scattered thought. Man needs monisms, if it's not God it's Darwin, race and war.

>I'm also along you to show how it is true, and this you have not done.

Did this make sense in your head before you puked it into the thread?

Catholicism did that.

Not Christianity.

Learn the difference. It can literally save your life.

Christmas trees are Lutheran.

>It does, however, clearly state that all dead babies go to heaven.
Really?
Show me where it unequivocally spells out that all babies automatically go to heaven you spiteful bastard.

Why do Christians pretend to be opposed to Muslims and Jews? As witnessed in this thread, the exact kind of Semitic spiritual supremacism found in the two other sister religions is expressed with venom.

Denigration of the past is a wholly Jewish revolutionary conception. "Pagans were barbarians! Uncultured! *ignores greco-roman civilization, and takes all their philosophy, aesthetics and other holidays to layer gold around their Jewish turd*"

Marxism is the 4th edition of Abrahamism, and it is equally iconoclastic and derisive of past incarnations of both its origins (Christianity), and before. Christians denounced every spirit or fey entity "superstition" and touted YHWH the enlightened RASHUNAL "truth". Just like Marxism now cannibalizes Christianity for its "superstition".

and I asked you if you believe the Bible details the sum total of the cosmos, that things that are not mentioned in the Bible do not exist.

>Does anyone else feel that Christianity estranges us from our pagan past?

Pretty much.

We're fucked now, because it was used to unite whites together as a group, and now that we know it's ALL BULLSHIT, there is nothing to replace it, and we're getting over ran by non-whites.

So it seems
So it seems

>>primitive, scattered thought
Neo-platonic thought was neither primitive nor scattered and it was perfectly capable of making euro polytheism as complex as any other religion.

Not so bright, are you.

Matthew 18:4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

Mark 10:15 Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.”

Romans 7:9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.

2 Samuel 12
When David saw that his servants were whispering, David perceived that the child was dead. Therefore David said to his servants, “Is the child dead?”

And they said, “He is dead.”

So David arose from the ground, washed and anointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he went into the house of the Lord and worshiped. Then he went to his own house; and when he requested, they set food before him, and he ate. Then his servants said to him, “What is this that you have done? You fasted and wept for the child while he was alive, but when the child died, you arose and ate food.”

And he said, “While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who can tell whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?’ But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.”

Revelation 7:9 [ The Great Crowd Worships God ] After the vision of these things I looked, and there was a great number of people, so many that no one could count them. They were from every nation, tribe, people, and language of the earth. They were all standing before the throne and before the Lamb, wearing white robes and holding palm branches in their hands.

Pure pagan.

Don't care what the Lutherans do; that's your papist bugaboo.

Jeremiah 10
Thus says the Lord:

“Do not learn the way of the Gentiles;
Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven,
For the Gentiles are dismayed at them.
For the customs of the peoples are futile;
For one cuts a tree from the forest,
The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax.
They decorate it with silver and gold;
They fasten it with nails and hammers
So that it will not topple.

We're not opposed to them. We're trying to get them to see that they need to be transformed by God so that they don't go to hell.

And I'm telling you that your manmade traditions about the bible that have been elevated to holy writ are blasphemous abominations before a holy God.

>Everyone on earth went to heaven before Christ's birth
>Many people after Christ's birth go to hell, because they know but don't believe
>As Christians spread knowledge of Christ, they are sending unbelievers to hell, who would have otherwise gone to heaven by virtue of their ignorance

>Does anyone else feel that Christianity estranges us from our pagan past?
Are you from a colonial country that has been converted to Christianity only recently?

I don't mean to disrespect or implying that there is anything wrong living in an ex colony.

But how can the past be "ours" if we are so estranged from it? What do we really know about "our"(American?) paganism??

Aye, thus making the Great Commission a decree of genocide.

All men are by nature equal, made all of the same earth by one Workman; and however we deceive ourselves, as dear unto God is the poor peasant as the mighty prince.

Plato

>I'm ethnically an Anglo

Are you trying to argue that this comment from Plato means that neo-platonic thought was incompatible with polytheism? If so, you are wrong. It is perfectly possible to have the all the deities of classical polytheism as the manifestations of the same singular creator deity.

this is the funniest shit I've seen on here in a long time

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Jesus

Oh dear Pan and all the other Gods of this place, grant that I may be beautiful inside. Let all my external possessions be in friendly harmony with what is within. May I consider the wise man rich. As for gold, let me have as much as a moderate man could bear and carry with him.
279 – a prayer of Socrates, as portrayed in the dialogue.

And that quote means absolutely nothing to me as I do not agree with the underlying message and I am not a christian.

But some of them said, "By Beelzebul, the prince of demons, he is driving out demons."

Bright enough to see that none of what you cited explicitly States that all babies automatically go to heaven.

Jesus stating that innocence is valued most of all, that a humble child-like nature is required to enter heaven, and that children are every bit as entitled to God's grace as men is not the same thing as an explicit statement that all babies go to heaven automatically.

David saying that he will be reunited with his child is not the same thing as an explicit statement that all babies automatically go to heaven, as all men are not David and all babies are not the child of David.

There is no explicit "sola scriptura", laid out in black and white basis for the claim that babies enter heaven by default in spite of their sin, assuming you actually are a Christian and not a fedora engaged in well poisoning, you are making an assumption based on your conception of God's mercy.

Which is fine, so long as you stop being a hypocrite about it and drop the "intolerant fundie" LARP act.

All biblical traditions are man-made as the Bible was written by men. A fact which no genuine Christian denies.

This quote also means nothing to me. So what are you even trying to say exactly?

"Therefore they commanded the children of Benjamin, saying, Go and lie in wait in the vineyards;"
Judges 21:20

2 Ahaziah had fallen through the lattice in his upper chamber in Samaria, and lay injured; so he sent messengers, telling them, “Go, inquire of Baal-zebub, the god of Ekron, whether I shall recover from this injury.” 3 But the angel of the Lord said to Elijah the Tishbite, “Get up, go to meet the messengers of the king of Samaria, and say to them, ‘Is it because there is no God in Israel that you are going to inquire of Baal-zebub, the god of Ekron?’ 4 Now therefore thus says the Lord, ‘You shall not leave the bed to which you have gone, but you shall surely die.’” So Elijah went.

"And she said, These six measures of barley gave he me; for he said to me, Go not empty unto thy mother in law."
Ruth 3:17

this one is good