youtube.com/watch?v=HdNn5TZu6R8
youtube.com/watch?v=MqRyngrXlXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Barry Lyndon is GOAT.

youtube.com/watch?v=SBFpw-459VU

youtube.com/watch?v=WvS8cvapdMk

youtube.com/watch?v=Wm_IUWYR39A

someone recommend some good historical movies NOW

I loved this film. It was way better than it got credit for.

youtube.com/watch?v=mb2WPHd18AE

youtube.com/watch?v=bx27wa0SpN4

youtube.com/watch?v=nrvpZxMfKaU

shit, is this remake actually good? I think a lot of people got pissed at it, including me, because the original was so great

>that shot at 1:03
it's like a total war game

That's a lot of fuckin horses.

youtube.com/watch?v=1qjtugr2618

did that legionary 2 minutes in had tactical mag pouches

youtube.com/watch?v=7cufG2Dlxvk

youtube.com/watch?v=OSklrAfwDzk

FUuggg da grizt :X:DXDDDD

youtube.com/watch?v=dFOf7KRoj6Q

I guess that makes us boner-brothers

>scenes that give you boner
Turns out this was true after all.

Man I wish I could see how people reacted to that cap when it happened.

Nothing's stopping you.

or lets' try The masturbating to Palästinalied bit is objectively true though.

I posted the entire url on the first link, learned something new.

But Palästinalied is the best thing ever though.

>Turns out this was true after all.
>The masturbating to Palästinalied bit is objectively true though.
>But Palästinalied is the best thing ever though.

Yeah leave Palastinalied alone. What did Vogelweide ever do to you?

Some of us just really like medieval music.

Praise Arany Zoltan.

>lorica segmentata
EVERY TIME, EVERY FUCKING TIME
WHERE IS MUH CHAINMAIL REEEEEE

What are they saying? I can make out "aeterna" but not much else.

>watching zog propaganda

Does anyone else feel that the Japanese/Pacific theater of the war was 20x more interesting?

Not historically accurate, but still a great scene. The religious side of the dance, what with the sun hailing and such as a reference to state Shinto is great.

Didn't Ben-Hur take place during the early first century AD? I.E when that kind of armor started being used.

Yeah, there'd be segmentata around in the first century. What's stupid is the depicted standardized use of it. There'd be far more legionaries with hamata and some, maybe elite, or veteran troops with segmentata.

We assume that Legionaries (not Auxilia) wore the Segmentata uniformly because of Trajan's Column, but we aren't sure if it's an accurate depiction of the equipment of the time, it could be just an idealization.

How come noone's posted this yet?
youtube.com/watch?v=J7MYlRzLqD0

>movie scenes
>Posts a scene from a TV show
>How come noone's posted this yet?

Huh, brainfart I guess.

>everyones saying it's bait and tell him to go back to /leftypol/
fucking wow

This scene from Waterloo (1970) where the prussians attack (1:55)

El Cid (3:02:41)
The last scene was god tier

I think they are shouting "legio aeterna victrix"

And of course, the Saladino scene from the beginning

Christianity is garbage and antithetical to any modern state's existence.
The leftist doesn't give two fucks about Christ, only the parts of Christianity that overlaps with humanism and can be used to weaken their enemies.

fucking pullo

What was your father named?
-Husein
And his father?
-Kemal
Who's son is Kemal?
-Shefkia's
Go on.
-Shefkia Ibro's, Ibro Rushid's, Rushid, Ekrem, Musia, then adem and Alija
Go on.
-There is nothing further.
Who gave birth to Alija?
-How should i know, some Kemal again..
No.
-Who then?!
I already told you. Cvijeta and Spasoje Jugovic, and if you go on you'll find names like: Veljko, Dusan, Milos, Vidak, Gojak, Vuk
-And so Serb and Serb again all the way back to Darwin's monkey?!! So we should spit on what we are and be what we don't want to be?
We are what we are, and there's nothing we can change.

youtube.com/watch?v=X8zCv0AHnCs
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ae-D8BnwT4

Ywn be a Roman legionary chanting dirty marching songs with the lads

youtube.com/watch?v=PoDBQLHV4Wc

what is it trying to say? Bosnians should go back to being Serbs?

Hell yeah they did. Also, I'm suprised no one posted this scene yet with Napoleon sending in the Old Guard. Always makes me sad though.
>youtube.com/watch?v=HXmljXjwZko

The whole Master and Commander movie.

Not that much focus on history but Once Upon A Time In America has some great designs showing off 20's and 30's America.

Also it's one of the greatest films ever made.

That one and Pirates of the Caribbean gave me an obsession with giant ship battles that will never be quenched

My great granddad was a gunner in a super-fortress, I grew up hearing about all of his pacific theater war trials. I definitely second your stance.

/pol/ is like a cognitive dissonance manifest that grew limbs

what movie

sergei bondarchuk owns

shame that torpedoed kubrick's chances of getting funding for the napoleon biopic he spent so much effort on researching though

>those tiny shields
They look like kid's toys

youtube.com/watch?v=vKZPgGbUuX0

And of course

youtube.com/watch?v=8BxDpOu3cD0

youtube.com/watch?v=u1vWK2yf9Y0

>The patriot

Literally can't get any more historically inaccurate than this piece of shit film

Who could be behind this cinematic trainwreck?

The Patriot was retarded. How the fuck does a man and his two kids wipe out an english platoon? They would have charged uphill and rekt their shit.

>accurate representation of War Thunder gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=m1pplBZu0oU

you mad USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

youtube.com/watch?v=5x0JQuIoBcE

That's Last of the Mohicans not the Patriot.

>/pol/ boogeyman for no reason

Sometimes I wonder if Veeky Forums is trying to make hating /pol/ its "board culture" since every other attempt at forcing memes (le finno-korean hyperwar XDdd1!) hasn't worked.

It's no wonder moot never bothered making this place. He probably anticipated the stillborn failure it would be.

It's /leftypol/ cancer trying to remove competition. This board has been a battleground for stormfags and communists from the beginning, they're both trying to steal your mind so they can implant it in the hive. Don't buy the narrative.

If I recall well, Segmentata was actually cheaper to produce, and was give mostly to auxilliary and lowly considerate legionaries because it wasn't as good as hamata, another reason why it disappeared.

I've said this many times, Veeky Forums is a Minoan board.

calm dolm nickhudges go back to fellating vikings
not that I disaprove of Vikings "liberty" with historical accuracy. Viewers=money=life

youtube.com/watch?v=HRf-ZoDQUfc

This is not historical movie, but the background is historical.

youtube.com/watch?v=goVkpzMtEJg

The entire John Adams.
youtube.com/watch?v=KaWBs46USqE&t=2s

Fingers crossed for Andrew Jackson series to be good.

I love this scene. A movie about a horrible massacre ends with a sick dance number.

youtube.com/watch?v=zKi9jSccTB8

youtube.com/watch?v=XB5fyimVXUo

youtube.com/watch?v=pj-1b1Yvep8

All three need to be seen at least once.

City of Life and Death(2009)

youtu.be/1NV0As3JQkA

Seven Years War was fantastic. It's a shame there aren't any movies about it. The battes took place all over the world.
Michael Mann is one of the best directors of our time.

>Fingers crossed for Andrew Jackson series to be good.

ha
they are going to poz him to the brim

It wasn't cheaper to make, but rather a good blacksmith could make segementata faster than a good blacksmith could make hamata. But you didn't need a good blacksmith to make hamata.

youtube.com/watch?v=f06_CkYvIik

WHY THE FUCK AREN'T THERE MORE SHIP FILMS

Expensive. Also PotC. The Dutch made a really good one about Michiel de Ruyter.

>Michael Mann is one of the best directors of our time.

Then why are the majority of his films rubbish?

This is a spectacularly patrician film.

Not him but Heat and Collateral have some of the absolute best editing, cinematography and sound design I've ever seen in my life.

youtube.com/watch?v=lChJz2DSpsE

I want to like this but I just can't get myself interested in mafia stories for some reason.

It was the same with Godfather. I feel like a failed man.

Heat is fucking boring for the most part, the shootout scene is the only truly memorable thing.

Plus, his newer films fucking suck. He has directed some good scenes, sure, but let's not imply he's some sort of great.

Heat is great on multiple levels start to finish.

>inb4 story
Story is irrelevant in movies honestly, if you want a story read a book.

>Story is irrelevant in movies honestly, if you want a story read a book.

Christ, pleb of the day award goes to you.

No, plebs are the ones who care about story because it's the most superficial and pleb-comprehensible part of the film. Movies are ultimately a visual media so technical aspects are the most important. Retards don't really understand how editing or lighting works.

>Movies are ultimately a visual media so technical aspects are the most important.

Then why is a well shot film with no story fucking boring? A compelling story can carry a questionably shot movie more than good shooting can carry a rubbish story.

Heat alone is a modern masterpiece. Most directors don't even have one in their resume.

youtube.com/watch?v=HdNn5TZu6R8

Dialogue is far more important than story. This is why Tarantino movies are so enjoyable to watch even though they're objectively garbage otherwise.

Stories with minimal dialogue are often better though. Lawrence of Arabia is a masterpiece, but none of the characters have much to say.

Lawrence of Arabia is a great movie because of costumes, editing, music, cinematography. Story is shit tier and it doesn't even matter.

>Quentin Tarantino, widely recognized as one of the greatest directors of his time
>objectively garbage

He does have some flaws, but to say he's "objectively garbage" is just being controversional for the sake of being controversional.

Didn't expect to be a thread about Heat but here goes. After all it's also based on a real story (only the ending was different).

There so much to love about this movie. The soundtrack (way ahead of its time).

youtube.com/watch?v=MqRyngrXlXw

The cinematography. The dream-like dots of Los Angeles at night. The area around airport is also a great setting for a final showdown. And of course the famus recreation of the painting showing McCauley's loneliness.

We know a lot about the characters and it's not that easy to make you care about people in a crime drama. The shootout scene is of course the best one with real bullet sound recorded on the spot. I also like the theme of the movie. Two professionals on the opposing sides, one dies when he briefly drops his "30 seconds" rule.

The story in Lawrence of Arabia is NOT shit tier, and you're a fucking pleb for thinking that. In fact, you're a pleb in general. Stop having opinions.