When did it become the customers job to tip a waiter? When did waiters start getting so entitled to the customers money...

When did it become the customers job to tip a waiter? When did waiters start getting so entitled to the customers money? It's not our fault they accepted a job with shitty pay. I shouldn't have to pay them as a customer for doing their job. ESPECIALLY when there's shitty service.

Keked at the pic.

if you're so poor that tipping is an issue you shouldn't be eating out, period.

Lol your asking when? It's a cultural norm for, obviously, longer than you've been around. Don't like it? Then I'd know your a snowflake that needs a "safe place" from this cruel world

Go to Europe, they get offended when you try tipping them. Trust me I tried tipping a cab driver once when I was in England and he got offended because he thought I was saying he was poor.

Tipped servers make less then min wage, if tips did not exist resturants would have to pay higher wages and the food would be more expensive. Source: europe

lmaoing at your life

you tip the gym receptionist too right you fucking braindead faggots?

Let me guess. You're black.

Pretty sure if I go to a restaurant and dont pay tip, it's because I refuse to pay tip. Otherwise I wouldn't be at the restaurant at all, I'd be at mcdonalds, which by the way do way more than servers yet don't beg for money like a hobo.

Restaurant owners are to blame

Or we could pay less like we do with fast food and walk up and get the damn food ourselves

blame the business owners for not paying them enough

>I've been wasting hundreds of dollars on social make-believe alimony over the years so now I have to try and cope with the fact that I'm absolutely retarded with whatever mechanism my pleb brain can come up with

yes user, I'm black, just keep telling yourself that buddy

You dont have a choice in America. On the brightside, it gives the waiters incentive to kiss your ass and be really nice

It's a fact. The only people who don't tip are black. Even Jews give Jew tips.

>lalalal I have to fit in society

don't forget to clean the dishes too

Don't forget to pick the cotton, nigger.

I like it. If you server is a cunt, you can show how you feel by leaving squat. If the server was good, you give more. With no tips you pay the same for good or shit service...

I tip but I can't stand to see waiters whine about it, knowing that any half decent ones are making well over their stated hourly wage

The gym receptionist makes min wage, servers dont, if there was no tipping the food would just be more expensive. You pay one way or another but the tipping creates an incentive for thr servers to treat you well.

>burgers actually believe this

>smug euros and bongs and aussies.jpg

It isnt a matter of belief, go look at the minimum wage laws in hour state.

A limey clearly made this thread, sage and move on.

t. nigger

>if there was no tipping the food would just be more expensive

Same tired bullshit excuse for not raising minimum wage. There is no evidence of this claim.

This is such a stupid mentality.

Capitalism is great because it allows this kind of thing, but the problem is everyone is too much a sheep to not take the assfucking. So businesses can pull this shit because everyone's a pussy. The few that aren't pussies blame the government.

You shouldn't be expected to tip. It should pay according to the difficulty. Those kinds of jobs are suited for highschool/college kids with no real bills.

If you're an adult working for 3.25 an hour well that's tough shit.

Why should people reward someone for having no ambition?

This isn't how it works.

Food is priced depending on how much people will pay. Servers make shit money only because tipping is socially acceptable.

That's it. Am I even on Veeky Forums right now or is this just crypto central?

i pay people in shitty service jobs for the product or service they give me.

i tip people in shitty service jobs as a way of saying "thanks for doings this horrible job i would never want to do".

feels good man, when i tip a 40-something-old pizza delivery driver and his eyes light up like i made his night.

If the minimum wage was raised then the housing market would just increase rent to eat the gains. That's how the housing market works. No one would have extra money. All it would do is fuck single people since rates are set around average household income.

Go to Europe and see how great the service is. This is why tipping exists.

Only fat burgers tip waiters. Other countries' waiters know that its not the customers that have to take cater to stupid pieces of shits, who who don't have the guts to demand/negotiate a living wage with their boss and who are too coward to leave their work to find a livable salary if their unsatisfied.

tipping in usa is basically a 'thank you' that is given under a bit of social pressure

tipping in europe is more like an extra fee you are expected to pay. i remember some bathroom attendant faggot who tried to block my way out of the restroom in germany because i wouldnt tip him. made a huge fucking fuss and physically threatened me. still didnt tip him lol but that would never happen in usa.

>hour
>our

Trying to act knowledgeable about policy, that simple grammar escapes you, on a Siamese jenga forum.

So you are saying without tipping our servers would be bad? They wouldn't be fired and replaced by any 16 year old needing a job?

Sounds like a US issue, in most countries tips are optional, and in a very few like Japan it gets a bad light, try to tip a nip and they will get scared shitless

Are you American? That would never happen here in the UK.

I never tip bathroom attendants. I don't need them to turn the sink on for me, I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself.

I'll never tip a bathroom attendant, didn't even know those were real. I'm supposed to give them money for grabbing paper towels?? Lmaooooo

>its your fault i failed college and that im only getting paid 2.5 $ an hour!
why dont they shoot up restaurants instead of schools

Pretty much. They'll also try and sell you snacks/mints/cigarettes. They're a thing at clubs and strip clubs.

Quality food is expensive errywhere. Clapistani cheap food is garbage with sugar in everything and their 'tpping culture' is cancer
Tips are shelled out only on occasions of exceptional service which includes food itself, setting, attentiveness etc, not gibsrmats for proleteriat

Restaurants have to follow health/policy procedures, and the more complex the meals/selection the more managing they take. You also underestimate the sheer stupidity of customers. Imagine going up to the counter or whatever and some nignog takes your meal and now you got to get it fixed and wait. Or a customer doesn't come up for 30 mins and now their food is cold. A server is the middle man. Every restaurant I've worked at has had illiterate-tier mexicans working in the kitchen that fuck up orders daily. You'd be surprised how many problems go on before your food gets to you.

Should servers not be entitled to tips? Idk, I think it's fucking jewish to not tip if they take care of everything promptly, it's rewarding incentive. If I like the restaurant, I want to support its business. If it was just a standard minimum wage we'd be having even worse pools of servers.

It's basically meant to be security so people don't do drugs or get raped.

it's almost like you're forced to work a shit job because youre literally worth less then illiterate mexicans.