Not a chr*stcuck...

Not a chr*stcuck, but I have this theory that the 'Garden of Eden' was actually the fertile crescent and that Adam and Eve getting kick out was symbolic of the landscape being overworked and no longer producing crops.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JRGks0zfLZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>but I have this theory
That's nice, sweety

I like it, nice one. Going to tell this to others from now on but as a fact and not a theory

Maybe influenced some old Sumerian and Babylonian motifs that might have found their way into Jewish tradition.

It wasn't overworked and was still producing fertile crops at the time of the old testament.

When was the old testament written and when did the fertile crescent start becoming a less viable place to settle?

hey wtf the fact council hasnt even approved it yet

Looking at the Sahara desert being so close to the cradle of civilization does anyone else think it was caused by deforestation?

The Garden of Eden actually is in the fertile crescent.

>10 A river flows out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it divides and becomes four branches. 11 The name of the first is Pishon; it is the one that flows around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; 12 and the gold of that land is good; bdellium and onyx stone are there. 13 The name of the second river is Gihon; it is the one that flows around the whole land of Cush. 14 The name of the third river is Tigris, which flows east of Assyria. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

You could visit it today, if you could get past the Cherub with a flaming sword guarding it

It caused what? The overworked land or OP's post?

That's a hypothesis not a theory
And the 'dude allegory LMAO' theory ATM is that it's the transition from hunter gatherers to farmers
And the overworking of the Fertile Crescent is more a thing in the Mohammedean conquests than elsewhere

Nice, but I think it's more symbolic of the idea of man gaining consciousness, the capability to know and do good or evil. Whether you believe in Christianity or not, the notion of original sin; the idea that in virtue of being born we are destined to consciously sin (whatever you subjectively believe sin is), is objectively true providing there exists no such individual subjectively believes no action constitutes a sin.

Perhaps it's a bit of both.

Leaving the garden could have been something in the oral tradition. Maybe elders talking about much more fertile lands they used to live in, which evolved into the idea lush beautiful garden over time. And then that story got co-opted into a creation myth

>baby's first thoughts on history
That's nice dear but we've got three more documentaries to go through before 7:00, then it's bed time.

youtube.com/watch?v=JRGks0zfLZg

Didn't care to read thread to see if anyone put this, but I heard and also think that the whole adam and eve myth is an allegory. It represents our change from nomadic lifestyle to a more "stable" one, and the problems that come from knowledge, the fruit of knowledge represents humans, specifically women discovering planting seeds grows fruit, also why Eve was the one to eat the fruit.

What's that quote from?

When the pyramids came here from the pleiades a super long time ago their jet exhausts accidentally set fire to the North African rainforests which is why we have the Sahara now[1]

1. Akashic Records Volume 1.17 x 10^98 Document B13TFGG66

That seems to be mainly speculation, versus an articulated theory.

crazy how nature do dat

North African coast was worked barren by Rome and Carthage and used to be lush jungle land. In the Roman empire pre-Punic Wars, wood was a commodity and typically quite pricey. This all changed with the acquisition of that coast, where it was subsequently worked into what it is today more or less.