What's preventing me from taking out a $1,000...

What's preventing me from taking out a $1,000,000 in the US (assuming I have the credentials to do so) and then booking it to a Caribbean country, buying a citizenship (Dominica-$100,000; Granada; $250,000), and never returning to pay back the loan?

Having sailed to Dominica before, I found that is is a lovely and cheap country to live in. And buying a citizenship for 100k with 900k left over would set me up to live like a king. So what would stop this from happening? Would the bank send their boys after me? Are there some international laws forbidding this?

correction
>$1,000,000 "loan" in the US

banks will never lend you that kind of money if you aren't making it yourself already. and if you are, why would you give up a succesful life to do some retard stunt like that?

Who tf is gonna lend you $1 mil

>(assuming I have the credentials to do so)
If you had the credentials to take out such a loan you would have zero reasons to move to a shithole country.

>take a loan of a billion of dollars
>buy a bank that gave you money
>cancel your duty to pay your loans

It doesn't have to be a million dollars. But it could be a big loan. Why not just get loans from multiple banks? I have a good paying job and plenty of money in assets.

But getting that kind of money isn't the point. It could be a million dollars or 10,000 dollars. Who cares? The point of the question is whether or not there is anything stopping me for leaving debt behind. Would there be any consequences?

Probably send debt collectors to harass you. Plus all those countries have an extradition treaty with the US

>lovely
It looks like a dirty shithole

they'll send their super secret repo men after you, and forcibly remove all of your organs while you're still alive.

The collateral securing the loan will prevent

You specifically will not qualify for a loan of any decent size.
You would need good credit history or collateral and a high paying job and you would need to present information on what you will spend the money on and a budget breakdown for using the loan.
They would then decide if you are likely to pay it back or not.
There is nothing stopping you from getting a $1000 loan and leaving.

>enroll in university
>get 50k in loans without ever talking to anyone
>leave the country

its that easy.

Why not take quadrillion dollar loan and buy the planet and enslave everyone?

what year do you think this is?

>He thinks the money will actually go into his account without being immediately withdrawn electronically

Exactly, if you are in a position to borrow that much, you are already killing it in a first world country...why the fuck would you move to bumfuck nowhere instead?

Now if you're about to go bankrupt or something... Well...

>Leave the country with 50k

How long do you reckon that would last you? Stupid fucking cunt.

I was thinking this.

I mean you have fucking 20 year old university students having 250k in loans

One problem is if you dodge extradition there are ex-military bounty Hunter that are paid to find you. Believe I read about this happening in Thailand. Either way godspeed if you do.

That's a little more than 7 years the average income in Dominica. It would be more than enough to get your new life started

The only way to get that kinda money would be being the next Bernie Madoff. Set up some fake company and convince people to lend you the money for investments.

lmao if they have over 250k in loans i can assure you it wasent just given to them in one lump sum, theyve been in uni for years. Plus do you think youre gonna take a qurter million on the plane? Do you think youd be able to get a quarter million in cash from a bank in a developing country? Dont you think your school would take that electronic money out of your account as soon as they knew you werent staying around

The consequence is you can't come back to U.S. if you do, you have to pay back whatever you owe.
Enjoy rest of ytour life at 3rd world shithole
10k to get rid of a NEET/Freeloader/noncontributing from a country is a good deal.

Build a cryptomeme.
Do an ICO.
Cash out.
Go to Dominica.

Oh wait, stay wherever you want.