Why is it so hard to find a job...

Why is it so hard to find a job? Ostensibly companies have tons of jobs they need filled but can't be assed to actually fill them. They're like that dude or chick who hits 40 still single because they won't settle. But that's stupid because your chances of finding The One are best either by doubling down on developing the first applicant or going through a bunch of applicants rapidly. This shit isn't rocket science; there are studies that show that "HR professionals" are about as good as rolling dice. I was trying to think of why we don't just have like a list of jobs that meet certain criteria for jobless people to get; like, you lose your job, you apply for unemployment, bam, they set you up with a place. If it doesn't work out after a month, you can be gone, but at least everyone took a try at it. The only reason I could think was that white collar dudes would rather be "working" at getting a job they actually want during the 6-8 hours they'd be working their assigned jobs. But that's dumb: if you're getting your job networking and whatnot, you're working at that a few hours a day tops. If you're working a full 8 hours filling out apps, you're just spraying and praying, and you're gonna end up with a job you hate anyway. The only people who benefit from the current system are the ones who plan to milk their benefits.

It just seems so wasteful of everyone's time and energy.

Other urls found in this thread:

counterpunch.org/2017/07/11/jobs-you-cant-afford-to-take/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There are fixed costs to getting a new employee. The interview and selection process would obviously disappear in your case, but things like training costs and the risk of theft or negligence don't go away. If you let a parade of jobseekers cycle through that job then eventually one of them will be a meth addict who stabs a customer.

Okay but that stuff happens anyway. Employers are forever complaining about how new hires skipping off with the barebones training they provide, and crazy people acting up at work is par for the course.

But it's proportional to the number of new hires. More hires -> more catastrophic fuckups.

am currently job hunting and I kind of feel you, but my thoughts are a tad different atm.

Im rather pissed off by the whole HR departments being filled with absolutely fucking clueless women. They take forever to make up their mind and then when you ask them what you could improve or why it didnt work out it comes down to a mid-40 yo woman stuttering absolute bullshit.
>w-well, s-sorry mister user, we've found another applicant is a b-better fit for our t-team
t. socially awkward business information systems guy in his mid-20s

A few years ago I actually had to go to a sit down 10min interview for a dish washing job, and I was competing with 8 other applicants. They wanted me to call back later in the week, it's insane.

America threw away middle class for cheap labor

business and intellectual leaders hate the native population

so what happened? are the manager now or what?

ya, its insane. I was working a very small part time job as a service desk guy 8h a week some months back and they had a job ad with absolutely delusional requirements. Job consisted of handing out bags and giving advice as to how to find person x in room y.

Double standards, I guess.

In the sense that driving more means more car crashes, yes.

You have to consider that they're getting told no by the middle-aged male manager who refuses to take on anyone who doesn't remind him of himself. (This is the reason for the lack of diversity in high corporate positions: you need to be mentored by a current exec, and they'll only ever mentor extroverted, smooth-talking white dudes.)

somewhat related article

>counterpunch.org/2017/07/11/jobs-you-cant-afford-to-take/
>five-page job application
>$9.25 an hour to start
>part time only
>requires workers to drive to various work sites
>you have to cover your car payment, insurance, fuel and repairs
>and buy your own uniform
>and show up to unpaid team meetings
>"wahhhh it's so hard to find qualified employees why are kids these days so entitled"

Thatvwas a beautiful takedown.

When people talk about a "crisis in finding employees" they mean something like 6 or 12 applicants per role. I heard that I the radio, I think for some teacher position in the middle of nowhere

You guys probably live in overpopulated areas. I live in a rural town with a lot of manufacturing sectors, getting a job here is as easy as showing up to the interview.

No, because driving more is more useful. Driving -> working, trying more cars -> trying more employees. There are fixed costs associated with leasing a car, so people don't lease a new car every month until they find one they like.

it's not, you just need to have some marketable skills that will pull you out of the pool of a hundred million plebs who are looking for unskilled labor

So you spend all the time and money to hire someone using the existing processes and there's still a 50% chance they'll be gone in 2 years (I think that was the stat I heard), and truly think it's less costly than cutting out the cruft of the search process, hiring the first guy with at least barebones capability who applies, and dropping him quickly if hebultimately doesn't fit.

Okay.

Also, the reason people don't do that is because of the artificial costs imposed by the dealer. People who can actually do take advantage of rental tests/extended test drives.

I gave up on women when i turned 30. I'm always looking for sex but as far as wanting a full time gf i have really no interest in it.

All women care about is money and social status. If you loose either you will lose them too.

I see this kind of bitter mindset all the time, and you're not wrong, but think about dude. What women would want to date a broke ass loser, especially if she's hot and knows she can do better? I'm serious. You think that you are special and some perfect pure 10/10 virgin waifu is gonna stumble into your life and love you just for who you are?

Get real man. Romantic love is conditional. Only one woman will ever love you for who you are, and it's your fucking mom.

>Only one woman will ever love you for who you are, and it's your fucking mom.

SO FUCKING TRUE.

Why would a woman want to fulfill her end of the biological bargain if you can't fulfill yours?
She wants social status and money, you want lineage.

Fucking cleaning companies. They charge the client 25-50 and hour and pay some schmuck 9.25. This seems to happen anywhere.

Get insurance and become your own cleaning contractor. My wife hired a maid once and she charged 38.50 an hour, and she turns down work all the time because the demand is fairly high.