Anyone here ever try to run a bot/gold farm in an online game?

Anyone here ever try to run a bot/gold farm in an online game?

How'd it go?

pic related

MMOs are dying, maybe you can make money leveling league accounts to 30 with bots and other stuff

Yes. I was #1 on the frost dragon killer leaderboards for nearly a whole year. Made a ton of money thanks to xxPK's script. I'd buy that dude a beer if I could. Had over 25 accounts making 2 mil per hour, holy shit I miss those days. Literally being paid $25 per hour to sit there and tend to this stupid game. Unfortunately it died pretty fast, wish I was as profit motivated as I am now a couple years earlier.

Yes, but pretty much what said, mmo's are dying.
I used to bot Old School Runescape.
You pretty much either gotta code your own bot, or pay someone to build you a unique bot if you just download and use a bot that many other people are using your ban rates will be very high.
You also must use proxies so you dont have 100 bots all running on the same IP.

I was making $200-250 a day near the start, but it died off pretty fast..
Within a few months it was down to $50 a day and after that it stopped being worth it.

I watched the price of 1m drop from $2 when I started to $50ยข when I stopped. People made a shit ton more than I ever would have made botting by exploiting bugs. I'm not sure if Jagex really was able to track those stacks of gold and delete them but apparently a lot of people got away with 100s of billions before they'd release a patch.

I made a couple hundred a week botting RS and flipping on the GE.

tfw staked 5m to 2b gp in 1 day and sold for $3k years ago. life was so simple

Do you have an idea what caused this? I've been wondering this for a while.

I used to do this, it's dominated by the germans and chinese.

Also Riot has been pretty hard and started banning them before you get to level 30.

i made killer money in WoW selling gold to chinese peddlers, then blizzard ruined everything with the token

I'm no weaboo, but that gif has peaked my interest.

WoW private servers. People are making insane amounts of money still, both hosts selling donation gear and servers with no donor items allowing the Chinese to farm/sell and taking profits from them.

Still tons of money to be made here if you want to look into it, this Felmyst server will be the next big hype train to sell powerlevels, botted chars, or gold

I'm running two bots in diablo 2 right now. Chaos runs non stop! US east ladder! Join channel op silidons

Piqued*

i used to bot ragnarok online, on some servers my botfarms were 10% of the total population. i sold the in game items for cash, made over $1k usd in highschool, people i didn't know had my modified version of the bot (it was open source)

My brother! I didn't go after REAL money like I should have, but I botted RO with a modified bot. After Ragial came out, I started running monopolies on certain items.
I miss that game sometimes.

i actually never thought about doing it on private vanilla servers now that they are popular, thx for the tip il look into it

Yes and I got banned botting agility

Pretty much. It used to be profitable before Chinks and other thirld worlders took over. The best time to earn profits is right after the game launches. I sold 3 legendary weapons from GW2 thanks to AH trading for a nice profit, because only few people weere able to afford them. Today they aren't anything special. WoW killed all MMOs.

did it for some time when it was the shit
better than mining crypto dude

>Be me, 16, highschool
>Slowly build/buy a array of 25-50 80+ dungeoneering bot accounts from a bunch of Chinese sites
>Bunch of proxies going at all time with a paid frost dragon script
>Literally 2 mill an hour each account... (1-3$ each account if I remember correctly)
>Would have them all running at once on different proxies
>Accounts would last for weeks because Jagex was too retarded to identify my script and I knew exactly how to outsmart them
>Tfw would go to school and come home with over 200$+ a day
>Account gets banned? No problem I have a bunch of Chinese connections who are basically begging to sell me their account.
>Literally made over 10k in one month, plus being on a forum called hackforums introduced me to a bunch of elusive money making methods (social engineering)
>Tfw always moving money to my mules and seeing all my free money

Finally it started to get overhyped, shittier scripts were flooding the caves and Jagex was catching on.... Sold all my accounts to all these retards, all the gold and invested into some crypto / moved over to playing cod for cash (kek)
The good ole days of not having to worry about anything, making more then anyone in your class slaving at McDonalds, being on Skype for hours with your best mates all around the world.

Then the bot nuke happened - gg. But man it felt good being the first to an area with a script that could easily make you 2-3 mill gp an hour.

bump

Thanks, user.

Would you also use TeamViewer to keep your bots running whole you were away?

Teamviewer yeah, but it was hard to organize my screen since I had so many clients running at once.

Lmao i used to bot Hc us east, made some money with jsp

A high school friend of mine made a fortune in-game hosting dice games in Runescape. He let me host as well, but I got unlucky and had to pay out so many times I went almost broke. We also scammed saradomin swords at the Grand Exchange, forgot how, but people would just trade them to us lel. Good times. Still have a couple of maxed OSRS accounts but I don't really care any more

>playing cod for cash
Lol wat?