Why don't you have at LEAST 1000 vertcoins in your portfolio?

Why don't you have at LEAST 1000 vertcoins in your portfolio?

They're going to be worth $10 each by the end of the year

why the fuck did the mining difficulty increase by 1000
what the fuck did you do.

It's being properly respected as the 4th best crypto

Just noticed it is around since 2015... how come it had no major attention until may?

actually pretty peeved now.

the money you'll make from this will make it all worth it in the long run mate

the key to vertcoin is its mining decentralization
when bitcoin is having problems with ASICs dominating the blockchain, and litecoin has the same miners, vertcoin is starting to rise
they didn't have decentralization problems to this extent in 2015

I wouldn't say they'll go up to $10 by the end of the year, but it's a promising coin
If it can get back to $1 and stay there it's good
something is brewing with vertcoin
It's a bitcoin/litecoin copy with a solution to the mining cartels
every upgrade is backwards compatible, segwit, soon atomic transactions, etc.
no premine, active developers, a halving in 5 months
I'm a recent investor and I'm down a little bit but I'm going to hold this one for a long time.

yo. stop.

Vertcoin devs post on Veeky Forums neat

why I don't support any other alt at the moment so I'm giving my opinion
I just lend bitcoin to you guys margin trading, and put my returns into this coin
wish I was a dev, not knowledgeable enough to do that

how much are you making from lending?

because the mining diffculty just went down and i havent gotten a payout in a hour

it was higher when the market was going nuts for eth but right now it's around .05-.07% a day
I started with 50 and make a little over 5 coins in the past 4-5 months
really are you mining in one of the main pools? I don't mine so I don't know what's going on maybe post on their reddit page or slack where the devs are active.

yep, mining on the pool that they have the deal with where it gives you the transaction fees and everything.
Still bone dry.

there's nothing stopping anyone from building a 10 million dollar mining rig built on GPUs and dominating the hashrate.

Vertcoin's mining decentralization is a fucking meme.

no coin will ever have decentralized mining unless there's a hashrate limit.

lmao. brb about to go make a coin with a hashrate limit.
thanks for the idea fucktard

Have fun with that, what are you going to do, ask the miners to slow down? You have no idea how it works.

im on a large college campus full of nerds who will literally work for an afternoon if i ordered pizza and let them watch silicon valley in my apartment.
I've made a crypto before using a guide, i guarantee they'll be able to make a program that limits how much cpu/whatever people decide to use can be allocated to the program.

sure but anyone can buy GPUs and be competitive
who knows what's going on in china with new faster chips 16nm limited supply for the public maybe12nm with asicboost privately
also there's a balance in blockchains, if someone invested 100million who knows if they would ever make that back, or if at that time 100 million would even give them as big of an advantage. It's all what ifs, and it isn't as easy to do if the algo is fitted for GPUs

I lost $4k on VTC in 2015.

time to make my money back.

if it's limited cpu per computer what's stopping a botnet from owning the coin

So you're going to gimp the miner, tell me again how you will stop me optimizing the hashing algorithms myself for your problems and solving 100X faster than anyone else?
You know all these "asic" resistant algorithms are just a jumble of random hashing algos with weird parameters right?.

got some more ideas, but im actually getting hard over this because i could at the very least start the crypto as a cash grab and never deliver
>wallet that reports back when too many different addresses are depositing to one
>some sort of manual action you have to take that cant be replicated
>weekly mining caps

truth is i don't know yet, but im going to.
or im going to a least learn to give the illusion of it and cover it up so good you wont be able to tell.

yeah it's going to be up to the community to switch algorithms when an asic is developed
they switched algorithms before on vertcoin when a botnet was dominating the mining power, and they made it less efficient for cpus
I don't believe there's anything stopping an asic from being developed for any coin, but vertcoin's community has an agreement to remain gpu only by whatever means necessary
it's something we'll have to see if/when it happens, bitcoin didn't have a community agreement for this and they're split on what to do

multi-asic
another great idea.
not within my reach though

good luck dude, but I think what makes an asic efficient is that it's developed to hash on certain parameters
a multi asic would wouldn't fit the application specific part of the word asic

could be the ikea of asics, make it easy to pop things in and out, sell it as a bundle, make it like legos so you'd have to be stupid to not be able to use it.