Sia Team just approved for a $400k grant...

Sia Team just approved for a $400k grant, allowing them to focus on work for the next year at least without forking or fundraising

Get on board while you still can

Other urls found in this thread:

sia.tech/2017grant/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sia seems like a decent longterm investment. It's near the floor so it's not like you're risking a ton at the moment.

Maybe some day I'll get that lambo

4 shekels have been deposited into both of your accounts.

keep up the good work team members.

If the devs can't accomplish anything in the next year, and thus don't get additional funding (or find a way to fund themselves), it'll probably crash. For now though, it's well below its fundamental and will probably head back to around 450-500 within the next week

What's the echange rate on shekelcoins these days?

post sources faggot, don't let my hopes up about unloading my bags

Old news. Was posted yesterday faggot.

sia.tech/2017grant/
Unloading would be foolish
>Old news
Lol. usually takes the market at least a few days factor it in.

>$400k
isn't it like, really small sum in crypto world?

for a company it's not bad

Not really. They'll get more funding next year.

The amount is irrelevant. The devs talked to the Chinese guy that gave them the money beforehand. The amount in question is enough to finance the four devs for the next year. Plus with the news that the Obelisk ASIC will perform better than expected, securing the network with only 1.4k ASIC rather than the expected 10k, this is good news until next year.

I'm honestly very happy.

Pointless idea. Cloud storage already exists for way cheaper. There is absolutely no benefit of a blockchain for this application. You got scammed. Dropped.

Correct me if I'm wrong but some user posted he was refunded BTC for the ASIC in question due to insufficient total number of orders

Yea cloud storage doesn't seem like it had a huge demand, or like it has problems that need solving that Sia is answering.

But hell at the price it's at now, it even hitting $1 would be a great return

You can ask a refund at any time. The devs are still going through with the ASICs, so it's bullshit if he got refunded because of the insufficient amount of orders. The devs were expecting 10k orders and overestimated. They intend on opening the offer until ~4k ASICs are sold but they had a talk with the manufacturer of the ASICs and got confirmation that they didn't need 10k ASIC to beat an ETH pool that could get a 51% hashrate. So overall, the small number don't matter. And with the team getting funding, money is no longer an issue. At least for the next year. But the Chinese guy that gave the grant seems to be implying that the devs shouldn't worry about money.
Securing the network with limited amount of ASIC is good, and with the thoughtcrime of possibly the devs doing a hardfork no longer an issue, there's nothing stopping the coin from increasing in value once this crypto depression ends.

>Yea cloud storage doesn't seem like it had a huge demand,
Are you kidding? It's a multi billion dollar market.

Why pay extortionate amounts to store something on some random neckbeards 10 year old 256gb seagate that is about to fail? Just use any existing cloud storage.

>extortionate
Do you actually know how much they are offering or are you just talking out of your ass?

t. sia bagholder

>dude 2$ per terrabyte is such a HUUUUGE amount to pay for storage

>why would i use bitcoin when i can just use a bank?

Sia is trading at $0.008-$0.009 right now. I'm throwing $50 at it, a modest pump would be fine, and it crashing to nothing would also be fine, because it's only $50.

Nice try but terrible analogy. Storage != Currency

Its actually a great analogy if you answer the question and have any critical thinking skills, but im not holding my breath for that based on your other posts.

Decentralised currency has a use.
Decentralised storage is a meme.

>it's a meme because I say so
heh

Sia will operate on the backend of most streaming services to increase their delivery of services. If anything it will improve access to movies and TV shows that Netflix removes from time to time because of the cost involved with storage atm. Beyond that company records etc. can be stored without being subjected to centralised discriminatory policies that might affect the privacy of the information. Encrypting your information and storing in a decentralised way is the only way to combat breaches of privacy.
> ITT clueless bagholders and nocoiner who already gave their privacy away to Facebook for free and then complain about it from time to time without doing anything about it.

this

Nice! Just bought 100k!

Nice! Just bought 400k!

Somebody is

I'm still not convinced anyone of the devs can actually land a business deal. When they find a head of business operations and the guy has some credentials is when I will consider this an actual opportunitiy. Otherwise it's the same 3-4 fuckers shilling this coin non stop as it crashes into oblivion

>I want to wait until it's actually 100% sure to succeed before I invest

You have that backwards bruv

Can someone tell me when this fat bitch is gonna rise?

haha there are no guarantees in the modern world user why are you so risk averse?
> Run over by psychos driving their cars
> Blown up by dogshit terrorists
> Accidents do happen
> Become a millionaire investing in funny internet money

So how long before this slut gets pumped to the moon and where can I buy it?

This is so insignificant the price didn't even move, even dipped a few sats

>what is reaction delay

Shit doesn't just go from 300 to 500 in a split second. It's gotten out of the slump it was in for the last few days, and is looking bullish currently