He thinks bitcoin is getting a block size upgrade on August 1st

>He thinks bitcoin is getting a block size upgrade on August 1st
>He thinks there will be a speedup because segwit is activated

Other urls found in this thread:

bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-transactions.html
pastebin.com/ZUxTmR99
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its ok. The real winner will be Litecoin, regardless of segwit activation.

Nobody has a fucking clue.

The only thing I am certain about is that while BitCoin is a great idea the lack of foresight is really starting to show.

- Having to download the entire blockchain is a horrible scalability issue that you could have seen coming from miles away.

The fact that you have to download the entirety of the blockchain is what actually turned BitCoin into a centralized coin. Since you will reach a point where only big companies have enough storage to save the entirety of the blockchain.

- Having a hard limit on blocks is another issue that would be easy to spot.

Now we have to fuck around with the contents of these blocks to fix the shit we are in.

Bitcoin is a cool idea, but the lack of foresight is turning it into a complete mess.

You can use the prune command and it will take only 500mb

Still massive. Imagine if it gains widespread adoption with 10x or even 100x the volume every day.

satoshi knew this. this is why spv wallets like electrum exist. it's in the white paper.

it's already sped up because people stopped using bitcoin. bitcoin is now severely overpriced and the FUDers are doing everything they can to hide that fact.

I don't even get it.. Are BTC transactions THAT slow? They're pretty fast for me..

Poorfags use tiny transaction fees and have to wait hours. It is a fundamental issue with BTC that needs to be fixed but if you can afford 0.001 TX fee it's fast.

Yet it still can't flip.

it'll flip. the btc forkening will probably be a catalyst to move closer to it.

The BTC forking is what has made people move their money into ETH until BTC is secure again.
If you think ETH won't crash when BTC is up and running I don't know what to tell you.

I hope crypto gets BTFO beyone repair so this board can go back to smart ways to make money

this. digital currency is the future, but Bitcoin is just a beta. It will be replaced.

>so this board can go back to smart ways to make money
>go back to
You weren't here at the start of Veeky Forums were you.

The decentralized fee jewry is what makes it so crappy. For example, YoShit fees are retarded at 0.0015 BTC (about $ three fiddy), watermeloniex 0.0001 (23 cents), Electrum wallet 0.00266 ($6.18).

nothing stopping you from making those threads

you should ask yourself, do people actually know what's going to happen? because the propaganda is so thick, someone who hasn't been following it closely might think BIP148 is what we are leading up towards.

>do people actually know what's going to happen?
The people with enough BTC / ETH to move the markets do and once they start moving everyone will follow to escape the mini-crash it will cause.

You need to remember that the whales don't have 100 BTC or 1,000 BTC, they have 10,000+ and when that moves LTC and ETH both moon, what happens when it moves back?

BITCOIN Q AND A - LAST AND NEW Q`S:

1. SCALING "DRAMMA".

YOU WILL GET BITCOIN CLASSIC (REPLACE GOLD) AND BITCOIN MODERN (REPLACE DOLLAR).
DOUBLE MONEY FOR BITCOIN HOLDERS.

2. THIS bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-transactions.html DATA SHOW LOWERING.

EXCHANGERS MAKE BIG (IN BYTES) TRANSACTIONS FOR PAY LESS FEE, EXCHANGERS PAY MANY PEOPLE IN ONE TRANSACTION.
WITH FIXED MAX BLOCK SIZE IT GIVES LESS TRANSACTIONS, BUT IS SERVES MORE PEOPLE.

3. WHY SO HI PRICE?

READ THIS: pastebin.com/ZUxTmR99

t. pajeet

>Nobody has a fucking clue.
>The only thing I am certain about is that while BitCoin is a great idea the lack of foresight is really starting to show.
Bitcoin came out 9 years ago.
9 years before that we didn't have:
>YouTube
>Facebook
>Android/iOS
>1GHz consumer processors (nor 64bit)

>running diarrhea on VM shitting street
That's what the Vive creators had in mind, surely.