There are people currently alive who've been alive to witness over 40% of the United States' history

>there are people currently alive who've been alive to witness over 40% of the United States' history

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_do_Carmo_GerĂ´nimo
youtube.com/watch?v=qEEPyE-nR58
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>there are people still alive who witnessed the resurrection of jesus christ

>There's people who have gotten shitfaced and thrown out of pubs older than the United States of America

>history will continue after you die

There's a pub in my town that's older than the USA and it's owned by a franchise. Pretty sad desu, it's like a zombie pub.

>Germany became a country after Canada

>Cleopatra was closer in time to us than to the first pharaohs of Egypt

>USA
>history
Kek.

>there are people alive today who knew former American slaves

This gets me every time. Assuming we don't all suddenly die from nuclear apocalypse or a superbug or something, humanity WILL continue. 4017 AD WILL happen. 1000000 AD WILL happen. And I'm going to miss it. We could be on the verge of quasi-immortality considering the total timeline of humanity, and we're going to miss it just barely.

>Assuming we don't all suddenly die from nuclear apocalypse or a superbug or something
That's a pretty big assumption.

I love shit like this.

This really messes me up

>There are people alive today who knew people from the Qing dynasty
>There are people alive today who knew Ottoman Soldiers.

It really isn't. MAD is a meme, very few people want to end the world. I could maybe see some derka stealing a Pakistani nuke and detonating it in a Western area, but we're not talking end-of-civilization kind of stuff.

How many nukes would it take to kill everyone on Earth anyway?

>the last rulers of Egypt and the Roman Empire were both Greek

>Italy become a country after the USA

President John Tyler has living grandchildren
Almost every country is younger than the USA.

Maybe if you're operating under a definition of Greek that's practically meaningless, sure.

>Almost every country is younger than the USA.
only if you consider the founding of a government to be the beginning of a country, which I think is silly to do

how so?

>President John Tyler has living grandchildren
Yeah I've read about that before. Definitely freaky.

what criterion would you use?

the people themselves identifying themselves as one people in a shared land. so a greater cultural phenomena rather than a declaration from some elites.

This woman who died in 2000 claimed she was born a slave and had lash marks on her back. She was from Brazil though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_do_Carmo_GerĂ´nimo

>there are people alive today who interacted with people from the 1800s

>there are people alive today who remember Imperial Russia

Every other country in the western hemisphere, most of the middle east and africa, australia, new zealand, germany, italy, belgium, taiwan, the phillipines, most of Eastern Europe are are still younger

JD Rockefeller had living grandchildren until 2 months ago

no

....yes except maybe the last part

See:

see

>most Italians didn't speak Italian 100 years ago
>Italy had eight major languages several of which had more relation to French than each other

With current technology, one crazy person couldn't end the world, but what about in the future? So you think we've already passed through the Great Filter?

>General August von Mackensen's life spanned the Kingdom of Prussia, the North German Confederation, the German Empire, the Weimar Republic, Nazi Germany, and the post-war Allied occupation of Germany.

It still happens, no?
youtube.com/watch?v=qEEPyE-nR58

It seems that what we know as italian is the standardized Italian and each region has its own dialect.

>tfw grandfather is alive and was born in 1926
>experience the great depression at an early age, which was hit especially hard where he's from
>became a fisherman, got to hang out with portuguese/spanish fisherman who fished the grand banks fo newfoundland
>got to experience ww2 as a member of the merchant navy, being a U-Boat's ideal target, and going on to ship necessary resources to the british isles and the netherlands during their hongerwinter/famine
>traveled through the north atlantic with almost no defense against the u-boats until the end of the war, with the canadian and newfoundland merchant navies receiving some of the worst casualty rates in the west
>because fuggin post-war economy, got a job within a week after the end of the war on a whaling vessel travelling to norway
>saw his nation (newfoundland), after existing since 1497, become a province within Canada
>remembers the cold war
>remembers both trudeau's and likes neither (lel)
>has lived my life 4.5 times over and is still sharp as a tack
wew

>That same is true for France

>leaf that fought for the wrong side

Checks out

>We are one of the last generations to die of old age
Goddamit we we're so close.