Which US state has the most underrated history? Personally, I think it's Missouri

Which US state has the most underrated history? Personally, I think it's Missouri.

missourian here. what history? all i can think of is missouri compromise and bleeding kansas, though i would love to learn more about the latter

Have you ever heard of Tom Pendergast and his political machine? The Congregation of the Mother Co-Redemptrix? The clusterfuck that was the state during and after the civil war?

I took a Michigan history class in college and there were a couple interesting tidbits. My favorite was the Strangites. basically here's the lowdown
>Mormons form
>Leader dies
>Most go along with Bringham Young and fuck off to the West
>Guy named James Strang throws his name into the lottery and picks up some followers
>They go to Beaver Island ff MI's west coast
>Set up a pretty nice little community
>Strang is also fucking all of the bitches on the island though so his male followers are pissed about constantly getting cucked by their leader
>He literally declares himself the King of Beaver Island
>Michiganders on the mainland are mostly Irish immigrants who are pissed about a cult leader being right next to them
>Local elections for State Rep for their county
>Literally everyone on Beaver Island votes for Strang
>Strang now has actual political power in the Michigan state gov
>fellow reps generally think he's a pretty stand up dude and his legislation is actually pretty good
>Irish Michiganders are even more pissed though
>eventually one of the followers he was cucking kills him
>few days later the Irish Michiganders get really drunk
>Decide to raid Beaver Island
>Grab torches and pitchforks
>Get a small fleet of boats
>Sail over and tell the people to get out if they don't want to be burned
>Mormons comply
>Town gets burned down
>Mormons set up another nice small community a little further south in Michigan where they still are today

none of those. teach me about my people, brother

Did some digging around, and the Congregation of the Mother Co-Redemptrix is something special.

> Bunch of Catholics create their thing in Vietnam
>In '75 185 clergy (half of the entire lot) ship themselves over to the USA right before the Fall of Saigon, which ended the Vietnam War.
>Cardinal sponsors them, throws money at them, creates a congregation in the US.
>Has 348 members

Now where it gets interesting is that a certain man, Ngô Đình Thục, died in the monastery in '84. His life is something else. But I'm too lazy to explain rn, so look him up.

Ohio, clearly.
>fapfapfapfapfap....

More like misery.

Ohio. It stands between the old and well known east coast, back water frontier like Kentucky and the Midwest like Illinois. It's been a part of this country since 1803 and was huge in the industrialization of America. Also Ohioans have the most normal and understandable accent out of all Americans.

Montana
Not because of the achievements of the people, because face it there is none but because of its dinosaur fossils

Mother fucking T.rex

What about Indiana? We have the same accent.

Never heard of bushwhackers? Jayhawkers?
Guerrilla warfare was alive and well during the civil way in Misery
Shit was straight up neighborhood warfare. South-supporting families would execute their North-supporting neighbors and take their shit. Union would execute suspected rebels and burn their houses. Confederacy would pay bandits to fuck shit up.

It was madness

I'll be dead in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missouri

Arkansas is the unrepresented state in the Union.

Its history is buried beneath the rest of the 49 states.

First black POTUS put it on the map.

Ohio.

that was such a slowburner i was back in the catalog before i got it

Florida had a ton of history during colonial times, far before the US became a country, and because it didnt become a state until 1845, it has a greatly underrated place in US history.

>Initially home to an obscure breakoff state.
>Home of Andrew Jackson, Andrew Johnson, and James K. Polk, three of the most defining presidents of the 19th Century.
>One of the focal points of the Trail of Tears.
>Last state to join the Confederacy and first to be re-admitted to the Union.
>Ratified the 13th and 14th Amendments so it didn't have a military governor during the Reconstruction.
>Deciding state on the 19th Amendment.
>Birthplace of both blues and rock, and the recording place of some of the most iconic albums and songs in modern history.
>Home of Oak Ridge, the birthplace of the atomic bomb.
>Some of the most intense moments of the Civil Rights Movement occurred there, including the Nashville sit-ins and assassination of MLK.
>Cotton candy, mini golf, touchscreens, moon pies, and tow trucks all invented there.
>Great flag if that counts at all.
>Most people nowadays only think about "muh country music" when they hear the name.

Maybe not the MOST underrated, but it's severely overlooked.

Minnesota. Had a nice Indian uprising during the civil war