Crypto oldfag here. I really think the knife is gonna fall in the next 24-72 hours...

Crypto oldfag here. I really think the knife is gonna fall in the next 24-72 hours. Bitcoin is going to 2100 or less pretty soon. I've lost over 300k of fiat value in all my coins since peak which honestly i dont mind that much because i bought most of the stuff pretty cheap. I wish i was a trader tho (i just buy and hold), i dont have the courage to even short bitcoin. Can someone please tell me how can i stop being a coward?

Other urls found in this thread:

coin.dance/blocks
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is what will happen you will sell with in 24-73 hours and then you won't buy back until around 3500 due to your brain telling you this is a bull trap. The you will buy back in and repeat at 4200

How are you so sure the price won't fall? Also i don't even want to sell, just to short.

Seriously, how people get the courage to short a coin and go to bed to sleep?

You've clearly been wrong enough already because you lost 300k. Why the fuck would we believe you now?

I "lost" 300k because i didn't sell at peak. Im still up like 50 times from initial investment tho.

Same boat as OP, have 'lost' 100k, the aug 1 situation is looking better every day though, so what reason do I have to expect further drop in BTC? What are they afraid of?

Only biz fags will sell before the sold fork because some faggot wrote a warning letter about the 5 min transition. Hard fork will also give no shits. There will be two coins btc will still be number one the split will be another coin but will not keep up with btc

Looking better every day? what do you mean? ive honestly havent checked about it last 2 weeks. Was too busy.

Like i said, im not really afraid long term, but still, 'loosing' 300k when we were obviously at the peak of a bull market seems like very stupid from me when i could have just safely short things if i wasnt a coward. If you short, please tell me how to stop being a coward to do it too, user.

The fact of the matter that I have all my holdings in alt coins I'm thinking really hard if I need to sell alt coins and put btc in wallet. The down side of this is there is no date on the hard fork and may not happen for a year so

It will go below 2000 before August 1. After that, if stable (most probable) everything launches. Best bet is to tether now, buy between July 30 and Aug 5 or so... And profit.

I'm just waiting for one of two things to happen. Either it all crashes and I lose everything so I can abandon hope for a bit or everything shoots up for no reason and I can continue to care.

yeah but the facts are not what matters 100%, the perception of the market matters too. People seem really worried eveywhere and from all the graphs ive seen all this years this one (btc right now) seems very likely to get the knife soon.

Yeah i have most of my holdings in altcoins, i just wish i could short some if i had the courage. I do have some btc still at least.

Is this a good time to get into crypto?

Sounds like a good plan, do you think that is better than shorting? But remember, if the chain splits (dunno whats the probability of that) , you would get more money keeping your btc in a wallet.

he, sounds like me.

youre a fucking idiot

I don't think so honestly. If we are actually gonna have a rally soon, which i highly doubt, you should buy in when this user said:

No user, i'm a coward.

I sold all my btc for usdt. I hope the tether will be safe in the event the coin halves.

I have most of my btc value in altcoins so i dont really know if i should do this with my btc. What if the network splits? wouldnt it be better to keep your btc in your wallet and get btc in 2 chains?

Yea I was kind of going to wait for the market to stabilize, these trends don't seem healthy with double digit gains followed by double digit losses.

I've been moving my money over slowly, I'm just waiting for the right moment to strike, secretly hoping I can bet well on the next shitcoin and become a millionare, but realistically I'll be putting %60+ into BTC and maybe LTC

scared money don't make none

If i were you i would put 60% in btc if you dont mind not becoming a millionare because even if btc goes to 50k, you still need 20 to be a millionare and that would be like in a decade. Things can change too. So i would rather have 30% btc 20% another solid alt 20% another solid alt 30% various more risky stuff that has a chance to moon.

enjoy having USDT wallet unavailable or in maintenance july 31 - august 7 because of jewloniex tricks

The signals for segwit2x have climbed up over 90%, so they're going to do it, so what's the problem?

Make small trades with less then 1%. Its important to complete the cycle of learning so that when the time comes to make a big move you already know exactly what to do. The only way to get good a skateboarding is to hit the pavement hard and often. The only way to get good a trading is to make some bad calls. But thats just me.

Where can i check that out? Also does that means that its gonna happen on Aug 1 or sooner? I still think that even if segwit goes smoothly , the market is gonna crash anyways. Also another problem is that i wanna know how people push themselves to do things like shorting. I just buy and hold.

Sounds like a good idea actually. Separate 1% of the money to practice trading and start doing it right away. Write down trades and what went wrong. After maybe a year of practice i could trade with a higher quantity. Thanks user.

coin.dance/blocks

Seems like it's good to lock in prior to Aug 1? Crash anyway why?

Thanks for the link user.

I think its gonna crash anyways because the market is very overbought already. It could go up, but i think that is highly unlikely. Just take a look at total market capitalization.

I have no way to gauge where it should be bought to so havn't really considered that too much.. I can only compare within crypto

The thing is that youre here to make more money (and/or more bitcoin). If you know that the coin youre holding its going to decrease in value then you need to lock your profit or reduce your losses. I think your afraid of shorting because you dont wanna risk having less amounts of your coin if it goes up, and youre wrong. If you made a bad call and rebuy less of the coin but it goes up youre still making profit and you will have the chance again in another moment to go short and make more coins, because they cant go up all the time. Just dont go short in bottoms.

i think that could help me. Thanks user.

Well ok

Genuine question user - what should the price of a bitcoin be? If you expect it to be higher than here long term how could it be overbought?

>i just buy and hold
you will always lose money on volatile assets. good luck

makes no fucking sense sorry m8

he probably meant lose potential profits from day trading said volatile assets

I keep my laptop open beside me all night, and set price alerts, and use stop loss orders.

Yeah, the miners want segwit 2x, but the BTC core guys only want segwit. This means BTC will fork, and people are unsure how this will affect their coins.

Core team is worried about segwit 2x being unstable tech. Too much change too quickly. Also, if miners do win and crush the core team fork, BTC will effectively be a centralized chink coin based on untested software. This is why people are concerned.

It makes perfect sense because most coins rise once and drop afterwards

-->

>BTC will effectively be a centralized chink coin based on untested software

LTC TO THE MOON

Fiat is shit according to cryptocoiners

You know I want worried but now I am. I thought Segwit2x was a good thing since a majority of miners were on board. Now I'm hearing it's going to fucking destroy everything?

Bitcoin will die on August 1st.
Sell everything you have now.
Get out of all altcoins, leave crypto.
Go back to your pathetic life.
Enjoy your miserable wagecocking

No I'm literally just getting started, I'm supposed to go to the moon!

then don't think about it, keep doing, what you're doing now
Everything will be alright if you're not a daytrader
Just stick to your picks for a year or two and enjoy your gainz

I hope you're right. Half the time this board tells me Bitcoin will be worth 100k in 10 years the other half tells me segwit2x is going to kill Crypto in a year.

Browsing this shit gives me anxiety, not understanding segwit2x at all doesn't help

I just sold everything for USDT, I hope this crash happens.

I hope all the gamblers will get burnt and the hodlers get out on top of this mess...

You can calculate the monthly inflation and if its something like 10% a month you can sell and set your buy order at up to 5% below the price and you are safe

Got 10% more btc this way.

Its a mix of calculation and estimation.
Since I only got 3 btc I have to go all in all the time to make a few hundred dollars. I needed a really safe way to get more btc and this worked out

As it stands majority of btc operators don't want segwit2x

But almost all the miners do? So what does that mean

> Everything will be alright if you're not a daytrader

Daytraders are the only ones making money at the moment.

Normies who can't trade convince themselves they're some kind of warren buffet genius by buying a bunch of random shit and holding it. It's a cope.

Lmao this.

Bitcoin core devs a have sticks up their asses

it doesn't matter because it's al about the hash rate and the operators own just 10% of that

I CAN'T TAKE THE ANXIETY ANYMORE WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN?

WHEN AND WHERE DO I PUT MY MONEY?

aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Any solid alts ideas?

Send me btc and I'll tell you inside info about the market:
17gX2kk6A28767helpmeimprisonerinachineseminingfactory6626F2A6xzdcvB9W

Do you have any sources with some reliable knowledge for crypto or everyone needs to learn it the hard way by one's own mistakes?

Bump for answers.

It's overbought in the moment. In the long term its still gonna go up if they dont fuck up the upgrade.

>He doesn't know USDT is on the bitcoin blockchain

>2100
>worrisome
Why this is like saying "dow will hit 1900 soon guys :(((((" the world is not ending.
How are you so sure it will? Later you say you haven't monitored price movement in two weeks. I'm actually a little salty about you making such a call without examining current data first.
You also have this fear of short selling, which is a bit revealing, you clearly don't have confidence that a dip is coming or you wouldn't be so scared to short.
Protip: there is no reliable method to determine the actual top or bottom of major market trends. Don't try and time it, you will more than likely fail. Only trade a substantial (confirmed) change of trend.

Hard fork will cause huge drops in BTC and BTU value due to FUD/investor fear and most importantly because investors will now have 2 different coins to invest in. I have no doubt the flipping will happen as a side effect in this case. No can predict which chain will end up on top. Best option is to bitcoin value into either USDT or altcoins, like ethereum, monero, litecoin. Then wait for final results to come out, then buy back into bitcoin.

icn, fct, ans, bnc (after eth floors), ant?, gbyte. Do your research.

Also investigate pot related coins, maybe waves, iota, and snt.

its worrisome bcause it will fall much more if it goes there.

Also about shorting, when you look at the fractals btc has already done it gives me a lot of confidence that it is going down. We are almost at 2100 already and it will only go down from that. I have never shorted so i dont even know how it works. I guess i will start practice now to be ready for the next crash in a couple of years.

i have most of my coins in alts so i dont know what to do. they are alredy down more than 50% from peak in fiat value.