The Japanese army of WW2 were the bravest men to walk earth

The Japanese army of WW2 were the bravest men to walk earth.

>Closest things humans have become to fearless robots
>Lowest surrender rate of any army in history
>Highest casualty rates of any army in history (The chief reason behind this was that most soldiers would rather die, even miserable, agonizing and long deaths instead of surrendering)
>Literally fought to the very end and used every possible means to fight and if no other options than surrender, commit suicide
>Never stopped fighting even after WW2 ended (the last known Japanese soldier surrenderd at 1976 and his name is Hiroo Onoda)
>Never retreat unless given orders to do so
>Bayonet charges in the 20th century against machine guns, automatic weapons and tanks
>Kamikazes, young men trained a few weeks how to fly the shittiest airplanes Japan had, load them with bombs, flew them into enemy vassals and targets, sacrificing themselves at great numbers for the nation
>They never valued their lives over their duty and honor

When did such display of bravery at LARGE NUMBERS ever take place in history? never.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Onward-Towards-Our-Noble-Deaths/dp/1770460411
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Herodotus would like a word with you.

and that's what separates man from ants and bees

banzai zerg rushes are a meme that only happened in few isolated incidents

It was bravery tempered by brutality and sheer retardation
Also most of them also relied pretty heavily on "liquid courage" if you catch my drift

The truly brave ones were the ones that didn't fight. The ones that stayed home and protested against the unjust war. Those are the ones that must be celebrated.

Does that really undermine the points in anyway? the Japanese still died by hundreds of thousands in many fronts by starvation and disease when surrender was only a walk away

Also it wasn't really a few isolated incidents, Malaya/Singapore, the Japanese logistics were so shit (as historically) that they relied on bayonet-charging the brits and aussies to replenish their ammunition, same in the Philippines, and in the pacific Islands most battles had a Banzai charge at some-point (usually at the conclusion of battles, when the Japanese realized they were defeated and had no way out and committed a massive Banzai charge)

t. asshurt sensationlist chiang-kai-shek

t. hippie hobo

Banzai zerg rushes are a meme you cuck
stop being a cuck

They used to be a race of warriors, there's a reason they're called honorary Aryans

Imo they were pretty brave, but I would consider "true bravery" (fighting for one's country, fighting to keep one's squadmates alive) more honorable than blind bravery.

A true man doesn't blindly accept orders without considering his fellow countrymen and soldiers.

Everyone who aligned with the Axis were honorary aryans. It's just bad meme

>Cowards are brave.

>If you don't fight for a government that kills dissidents and uses violence against your fellow countrymen to impose its rule, you are a coward

different kind of bravery niggerfaggot
nice dubs tho

>kills dissidents

litearlly untrue, you autistic fag.

Sounds more like being stupid to me.

Maybe if they weren't the kind of people stupid enough to charge machineguns with bayonets they wouldn't have lost so badly.

I don't see how being a brainwashed automaton is a good thing OP.

If you do not fight, you are a coward.

It takes a brave man to stay home and face that ridicule instead of going off to war just because the other men are.

I assume you are a war veteran?

>Implying that fighting against the tyrannical state isn't the most courageous fight that somebody could ever choose

>government that kills dissidents

if we learned anything from the october, march and February-26 incidents in Japan, we know that their government was very light and extremely lenient on dissidents (literally released and rehabilitated coup d'etat plotters multiple times). Anime pic posters need to be banned from Veeky Forums, they are a stain on this board and half their arguments are usually their shitty attached pictures and have little to no contributions to most discussions and have poor historical information in general.

It was a last-ditch measure, not a normally used text-book tactic.

Utter rubbish. The British were the bravest ones, they fought the Germans a few decades ago in WWI which considerably weakened them but they still took up arms and defended themselves against the Krauts when all the other countries at the time had fallen. Also British officers didn't duck when under enemy fire showing extreme courage and bravery.

Cowards die a thousand times.

A brave man dies but once.

You assume correctly.

Ironically, the coward who refused to go fight was stabbed to death by a tranny whore on Church Street in Jacksonville while we were deployed.

That would be fighting, wouldn't it snowflake.

t. britbong

What caused them to be such psychopaths? Were they just that patriotic, or were they just that concerned with preserving their honor?

The Japanese Army of WWII was a severe case of memed history actually doing harm.

>Believe every single romantic bullshit about Bushido

>Meanwhile your legit Samurai ancestors were sensible military men who knew when not to do stupid shit that gets everyone killed, knew when to retreat and even surrender.

Look, when I go skateboarding, I too tell myself I'd rather take a gnarly bail than look like a scared fag.

Implementing that on a state level gives you a military with the same attitude. It's one of many force multipliers and sometimes a drawback, such as when a retreat would be smarter.

and legit samurai cucked the fuck out of most of the population

t. sushi banzai the wannabe samurai

>flew planes into vassals

Drugs, alcohol and summary field executions.

>When did such display of bravery at LARGE NUMBERS ever take place in history?

We are seeing a resurgence in such values...

Fuck off Lloyd

Of course they were brave. They were Pagan warriors. See the bare-naked Gauls and the Berserkers.

>It takes more bravery to be called names than to risk your life fighting.

Sorry bud, but this just doesn't hold. Yeah opposing a government (not really even a dangerous type of opposition, since the Japanese government wasn't really cruel with dissidents or anything like that) is not remotely comparable to facing bullets, violent death, starvation, somewhere in far distant lands.

Found the woman

You're confusing bravery for fatalistic despair.

The whole point of war is for the other guy to die for his country not you. Nips are the most overrated fighters in human history. The Ancient Greeks, Scythians, Sarmatians, Celtic tribes, Daylamites, Berbers, Rajputs, Sikhs, Gurkhas, Pathans, Maori, Comanche, and others deserve more press than MUH HONORABLE katana-wielders.

>fight for a government
They didn't fight for a government
They fought for a god emperor

You """Veterans""" are so pathetic. Most of you are poor depressed loser kids trying to restart their shit life or get free college, then you come back and collect checks and tell people how brave you are and how stonk and ""disciplined"" you military men are. So you banged a tranny while you were deployed in Thailand before you got shot at by staving mudhuts pashtun rednecks, big fucking deal.

Lol draft dodging lefty puke detected

It's okay. I'll defend your right to be fucktarded

Veterans invested in America. And so America invests in them.

And you're so jealous

>hurr durr you should be PROUD that you're paying my college tuition afterall you did also pay for my room and board for 3 years

>people who worship WWII Japs also hate Muslims for doing the same exact shit

I don't get this shit, it's just fanaticism. Showa-era """bushido""" was a bastardization of culture just like Wahhabist takfiri cherry pick their own bullshit.

>jealous of being emasculated for 10 weeks by drill instructor and then spending the rest of my enlistment acting like a hardass with my buddies to make up for it

Yet they still lost kek. Go back to your containment board weaboo

It was more of a perversion of bravery as it was a cultural devaluing of life brought about by a deliberate corruption of ancestral warrior ethos by the military elites.

this

>fight and die for the selfish ambitions of the emperor or else you are a worthless coward

It's like you enjoy being a boot licking supplicant.

Read Onward towards our noble deaths by Shigeru Mizuki who fought WWII as a private himself.
You'll find how brave and courageous the Japanese soldiers were.

what part of the histories are you referring to?

Eh... I maybe pulling a pic related, but bees commit mass suicide to such a degree that it makes the Japanese look like the French when anything enters their hive.

...and ants aren't afraid of nuttin.

If there's anything I'd accuse the Japanese soldiers of in that war, it was an inability to critically think for themselves.

Not only committing suicide for a lost cause that wasn't a good cause to begin with - but then we get into things like Unit 731.

The Germans at least had legitimate grievances - but the Japs, they just got greedy.

...and it's not as if they are incapable of reason, as these days, a lot of Japs will say the same thing.

even before Germans the europeans considered them to be closer to them than any other Asian group. They shit talk other culture on the regular but contemporary accounts show a consistent respect for Japanese warriors, they really did consider them to be "more white" than the rest of Asians. A lot of accounts of their swordsmen being a match for European swordsmen, which if you know anything about Europeans is obviously truthful since they don't hold back when they want to talk about the inferiority of someone else.

The Japs mostly benefited from the element of surprise and not much else. There's a reason their Pacific gains barely lasted two or three years.

Well, there were always weeaboos in Europe. Before the Boxer rebellion, Europe had the same hard on for China, with nobels decorating everything in their mansions oriental style with every bit of authentic Chinese art they could get shipped over. (Forging Chinese stuff was a major enterprise at the time.)

Those "mysterious asians" and their slanted eyes just made Europe moist, regardless of whether they were "good warriors". To a large degree, it was because they were so foreign and mysterious, because they were "less white". If they had been white, I suspect it would have been more competition or writing them off as bizarre, rather than fetishizing them.

I think General William Slim was right on the money with his assessment of the Japanese.

>There are roughly two types of courage. The first, an emotional state which urges a man to risk injury or death - physical courage. The second, a more reasoning attitude which enables him coolly to stake career, happiness, his whole future on his judgement of what he thinks either right or worthwhile - moral courage.

>Now, these two types of courage, physical and moral, are very distinct. I have known many men who had marked physical courage, but lacked moral courage. Some of them were in high positions, but they failed to be great in themselves because they lacked it. On the other hand, I have seen men who undoubtedly possessed moral courage very cautious about physical risks. But I have never met a man with moral courage who would not, when it was really necessary, face bodily danger. Moral courage is higher and a rarer virtue than physical courage

>To be really great, a man- or, for that matter, a nation- must possess both kinds of courage. In this the Japanese were an interesting study. No other army has ever possessed mass physical courage as the Japanese did. Its whole strength lay in the courage of its men... but their officers to a man lacked moral courage. They failed to admit that their plans had failed. They failed to tell their superiors their orders could not be carried out.

Obvious samefag. It's always amusing to see someone so ass mad they try to make it seem like their are more than one person on their side.

I personally think this is wrong, for instance younger officers often went against orders in order to attack.

there was also a popular concept among some right wingers in Japan, that an act, no matter how seemingly extreme or horrible, could be justified by the sincerity of its practitioner. I read one incident where a bayonet and sword instructor assassinated a general. Once arrested he was entirely unrepentant despite facing execution, he was only ashamed that as a kenjutsu instructor for the army he failed to kill his victim in a single stroke. Assiasinations like this were a hallmark of far right politics in Japan.

Even when the emperor wanted to surrender there were officers who attempted a cue, the idea of surrender was more anathema to them than assaulting the imperial household.

There are numerous occasions in history where soldiers have fought to the last man. In the case of American history, the Alamo is the famous example.

In almost all these cases, you're talking about a small force backed into a corner, with no actual hope of victory, retreat, or surrender.

Well due to the nature of the Island Hopping campaign, the Japanese ended up in that sort of situation numerous times. They retreated from Guadalcanal, because they had the ships to allow it. They surrendered at Okinawa, I'd guess because it was one of the home islands. But at places like Iwo Jima it's not like they had a choice.

Also the Americans didn't take prisoners, so they'd have been shot anyway.

>didn't take prisoners
Give them the old Tarelston's quarter. We were very in tune with our first days.

You're proving the point. They lacked the moral courage to surrender when they had lost.

That's a cultural judgement, you could just as easily say that they were willing to risk being labelled traitors to prevent what they saw as a betrayal of their national ideals.

sounds like some made up terminology to justify downplaying Japanese courage as a "lesser form" of courage. Propaganda nonsense.

When courage defeats reason, it ceases to be courage, and becomes insanity.

They knew they couldn't win, started a war that all their plans centered on not having to fight, and rather than facing that folly, they sent all those men to their deaths anyways, all of which, like insects and drones, never questioned why.

and now their granddaughters love that american dick

WHAT A LIFE

An excellent insight, my dumb frogposter friend

Yeah. Poor logistics and a few lousy naval battles. Japan tried to do too much with too little.

It's the culture that glorifies death. It's always present throughout the history, but mostly limited to niche military orders, crazy cults, or something. With the advance of mass conscription such niche culture inevitably became widespread. It's the 'dark side' of the Enlightenment.

nah you're just rambling more. They were not "insects and drones" they were human beings, it's understandable to be ethnocentric shortly after the war but it's been long enough, neither of us are emotionally connected to this personally so you should be able to see that it's fucking stupid to try to argue they had "lesser" courage. It's like some shit you'd tell your troops to dehumanize the people you just slaughtered so they feel better about what they just did. You're an idiot reading old propaganda like it's fact making stupid ethnocentric generalizations

t. American with relatives in both the last world wars

Well, training young men to suspend all thought and reason to mindlessly die for entirely misguided, if not downright evil reasons is, sadly, hardly unique to the Japanese.

Nor is dehumanizing the enemy to expedite that effect.

Any good place to read it?

>Highest casualty rates of any army in history

which meas they were incredibly shitty at war

>literally cannot accept when they've lost
>LARP autismal "warrior's code" in the 20th century
>wasted pilots by making them crash into enemy
>kill themselves whenever things don't go their way
>muh emperor

the most autistic meme soldiers in history

>their government was very light and extremely lenient on dissidents

REEEEEEE DELET THIS

>ask great grandpa who served in the pacific for a story
>he tells me about while island hopping you'd often get to raid the bunkers and supplies for personal loot
>one day he gets a mason jar of white pills
>one of the officers mentions that it'd be "about 50 years behind bars" if he kept it

"Bravest" = high on drugs, sure?

>autistic grandpa tells him a war story
>it's a divine code now

kill yourself, no one cares about your shitty grandpa's bar stories.

what mos, what deployment and what unit?

Why are weebs so angry and prickly all the time?

It's funny that when you look at it, every army in World War 2 was tweaking on stimulants.
Let no one ever say again that drugs don't work.

Almost every army used stimulants and drugs (chiefly Amphetamines) in WW2 to keep physical performance up and to keep soldiers wide awake for a few days during operations. It still doesn't explain the collective bravery of the Japanese, though. That was other-worldly.

As I said, their shitty pictures are usually more than half or all their arguments.

Seconded

There's another really good book called "tales by Japanese soldiers of the Burma campaign"

Another good book would be "The Path of Infinite Sorrow: The Japanese on the Kokoda Track"

>Hypes up Imperial Japanese Army, forgets to mention their snipers get defeated by wooden planes with a wire attached to it.

Top kek thread.

>Cowards die a thousand times.
ULTIMATE TIER POST

They were brainwashed to think that captivity is worse than death so its no wonder they were brave

An army of fanatical rapists and murderers even worse than the Germans and Soviets combined

sensationalist autist, get out of my thread you ching.

>Anime pic posters need to be banned from Veeky Forums

Don't go on Veeky Forums if you get triggered by anime. It was created as and remains to me a primarily anime-themed imageboard, if you don't like that than you are encouraged to go back go back to /r/eddit

I wouldnt even dream of doing that shit even when drunk.

>weeb going fetal position because he lost the original argument

Grab the nearest rope, you need no more instructions.

>since the Japanese government wasn't really cruel with dissidents or anything like that
I just watched a documentary the other day where a Japanese woman talked about how she tried to send a letter to her husband saying something along the lines of "I wish you could come home, people are getting in trouble for opposing the government" and then she got arrested and sent to prison.

>Go back to your containment board weaboo

I want /r/eddit to leave

see and once you're done reading, can you leave? it's kind of disrespectful to come to an imageboard created for, shaped by, and based around anime and then complain about it.

>documentary

stopped fucking reading there.

I'll go ahead and remind you a bunch of multiple coup d'etat conspirators were all released with minimal punishment multiple times in the 30's, and most of them were tried to be reasoned with and reconciled without punishments, so this ends your argument.

Buy it. It's worth the money. A supreme example of manga story telling and absurdity of imperial army.
amazon.com/Onward-Towards-Our-Noble-Deaths/dp/1770460411

Slim would know how to recognize a lack of moral courage being in the British Army. His description accurately describes it for the First World War and first two thirds of the Second.