ITT: We discuss the history of the Congo (DRC and RC) without a race-themed flamewar

ITT: We discuss the history of the Congo (DRC and RC) without a race-themed flamewar.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5i4-25wNp84
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*brings waffles*

but thats a depressing subject. Kongo is like one of the shittiest places on earth. Belgium, Mobuto, civil war, etc.

If only they appreciated the many gifts they had been given, maybe everything would have turned out nicer. A bunch of advanced philanthropists come to your land, build a bunch of modern day structures, and let you use them for free.

Why can't they just be fucking grateful? They should apologize to pic related

>without a race-themed flamewar
Literally impossible. The probability that the 4th post has a racist content is very high. You're probably a /pol/ack who wanted to see this happening.

This is probably bait but that guy cut people's hand for not meeting a quota. That's like one of the most barbaric things I've read.

Not at all.
> pre-colonial civilizations
> Belgium
> liberation from Belgium
> everything from that point on
You can talk about these without dropping "nigger" every 5 words like a badass.

> whatever you do kids
> don't
> leave
> the village

"I have just returned from a journey inland to the village of Insongo Mboyo. The abject misery and utter abandon is positively indescribable. I was so moved, Your Excellency, by the people's stories that I took the liberty of promising them that in future you will only kill them for crimes they commit."

>people who did nothing wrong

What happened between the Portuguese getting there and the Belgians getting there? How did the Kongo go from a reasonably Civilised Kingdom with western-influenced infrastructure and religion to getting WAFFLED?

>you will never do room clearing with an AN/M2 as part of 5 commando

Complete breakdown of existing social order, hyper expansion of authority and total defenestration in the name of profit.

The Congo region is basically an audio loop of the phrase "And THEN it got worse" for the past 400 years.

>total defenestration in the name of profit

Throwing people out of windows in the name of profit?

Als het werkt, werkt het.

?

I wept one tear when I saw the World History (made by Americans) series when it was about Belgian Congo under Leopold II

niggers doing nigger things

Edgy

To be fair, he didn't. His viceroys and representatives and the various business interests just set quotas, and told their inland enforcers and vassals (mainly, but certainly not entirely African warlords and chiefs) to get it somehow. Hand cut offing was never official policy in Belgium.

Currently reading. It focuses on the Rwandan genocide at first and how it was the start of the congo wars. Right now i'm up to when Rwanda and the AFDL invade. Good rad

I like how everyone shits on Belgium, while in reality everything became far worse after their independence

far worse for whom?

>During the Congo Crisis, Belgian forces helped Mobutu in a coup d'état against the nationalist government of Patrice Lumumba in 1960 to rule the government.

What did Belgium mean by this?

Congo: An Epic History of a People is one of the best Veeky Forums books out, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone with a burgeoning interest in Africa.

They knew about it everyone knew about it and did nothing and worked with it, the management and head of military forces knew about and gave no fucks/supported it. They knew the quotas were unrealistic and still went with it. Missionaries saw it live right before their eyes.

Kongo with a K is majority mostly in Angola but has vassals and spinoff states in southern Congo.

This sounds like it'll be a depressing read. Will check out though.

Y'know, as a Belgian, we kinda mostly skipped learning about our shenanigans in the Congo. I mean, we were taught ol' King Leopold did some bad shit and most of us know about the hands thing, but not any real details.

Lol that's horrible. At least you know why you'll probably get stabbed if you ever meet a Congolese person right?

I've read this twice, mate. One of my absolute favourite books and one of the most interesting stories.

DRC is just sad because they didn't have a chance from day one. Since Leopold first claimed it, it was doomed to fail once any form of valuable resource was found.

Dumb whiteys running everything again.

It's like the Germany of Sub Saharan Africa except that it had a civil war and everyone else stuck his dick in

The countries around them will never allow them to success

> casually hunting dinosaurs

lol

because of the flamewar the belgians became black?

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=5i4-25wNp84

Thread theme

>Flanders flag
What did he mean by this?

Bump

*Blocks your development*

Is it just me or is Paul Kagame the worst human being alive?

>invade Rwanda because you don't like life in Uganda
>Hutus chimp out and kill 800,000 of your follow Tutsis
>invade Congo because Mobutu isn't doing anything to stop the Hutus from launching cross-border raids
>invade to unseat Mobutu
>chase Hutu refugees a thousand miles through jungle, Tutsi death squads kill tens of thousands
>don't like the guy you put in charge to replace Mobutu
>invade to unseat him
>end up causing more than five million deaths, and end up staying around in the Eastern Congo just to loot minerals from the poorest country on earth
>use all the UNbux and pity bucks to turn Rwanda into a police state

Mobutu did nothing wrong

He turned Rwanda into the "Israel of Africa" (tiny but strong/developed state rising in the shadow of a genocide that can BTFO its neighbors). Rwanda is the least shitty african country in this region, which given its genocide was fairly recent.

>The Congo region is basically an audio loop of the phrase "And THEN it got worse" for the past 400 years.
So it's basically just Africa's Russia?

*seizes your airport*

Of all the nigger countries this one is definitely the worst

It's Flemish (retarded people's Dutch) for "if it works, it works."

You can't just invade the Congo with 1500 militiamen and come close to succes-

Why would Belgian administrators speak Flemish? Belgium was dominated by Walking for most of its history.

Modern congo (Kinshasa) is the craddle of anti-globalism. The real one, not the identitarist /pol/tard one.

Congo, more than any country, was fucked by mondialism. The old version with colonialism and the new version with neo-colonialism. You have to realise this country have huge amounts of very valuable ressources: diamonds, gold, various metals, etc... but can barely aford to feed its people. How ?

Post-colonialism, Congo leaders had to sell the ressources but western countries refused to pay a decent price and made some very shady deals so congo leaders got rich but the country would sell ressources for next to nothing and would never developped an industry. In exchange, Congo got food.

With that food and little to no education, the population boomed and was more and more dependant to the foreign food, making the price of their ressources going lower and lower in exchange.

Now Congo realise they're fucked. Even without corrupted leaders, they can't refuse the deals because their population would starve. Their only way to fight globalism is to make their country as less profitable as possible. That's why they seems so "lazy", they just want foreign investors to stay away.

oh dude I love that story

And now he's cucked the AU by making them base all their institutions in Rwanda while also still taking UNbux to create a business friendly climate so deluded westerners now invest there.

The madman cannot be stopped.

I don't know senpai, I'm just the translator.

>no no, we suck on purpose. We Swear

>(retarded people's Dutch)
Da's een geweldige grap, Kees.

Is het een grap als het echt waar is?

Sounds funny but it's kinda true. They refuse to work with foreigners and only do the strict minimum to not starve.

Nederland is waar en da's ook een vrij slechte grap, dus ja.

>Belg
>noemt Nederland een grap

is het niet weer eens tijd om Paapse lul te zuigen, Francois?

I sincerely think that what happened in Congo wouldn't have been avoided... It was doomed to happen, it could have been anyone else, Leopold II or any other colonial country, but for me appart from the 20 million dead Congolese one of the major mistake (They were forced to but still) was letting go of it, they should have kept a presence there, you can't appoint a government and then leave... The country really turned to shit sadly, the people there weren't educated enough to run a country, a certain presence and control of the country while it was still developing would have helped it grow and be on of the greatest country of Africa instead, now it's a shithole controlled by a tyran who doesn't want to leave power and the whole country is corrupt as one can be.

Zegt degene die niet kan beslissen of 'm liever door Luther of Calvin harder in de reet geramd wilt worden.

When it works it works

I saw no one shit on Belgium, and it was not Belgium as a country who cutted people's hands off. The Congo was the personal property of Leopold II

I haven't head anything like that at school... My history teacher told us that the Congo was a waste of money.

Daar hebben we het poldermodel voor.

I go to class every day next to one