I own a bar and want to install some arcade games. But the cost of all the games I want to put in goes way over budget...

I own a bar and want to install some arcade games. But the cost of all the games I want to put in goes way over budget. Had no idea these things were so overpriced.

So my question is, how do I find those companies that drop off their own arcade games in your business, and you just get a small cut of whatever they earn? I have been searching all day, maybe my search terms are wrong? I can find rental units, but it doesn't seem like what I was looking for on contract terms.

interdasting question.

I think it depends on where you live.

You could try looking for local pinball repair places.

You might also want to try craigslist. It's more likely you will need to work with an individual rather than a business. Hell, you could probably find some dude to loan you a few machines in exchange for free beers every now and then.

Build a game cabinet with raspberry pi

This would be badass. Have 20 NES games on one cabinet.

OP, how is owning a bar? It's always been a dream of mine, maybe one day I can cash out my crypto bucks and open one. Is it worth it?

Just buy raspberry pis and some arcade sticks, throw retropi on there, add some shitty monitor and build a case for it.

Done and done. Fully working arcade machine.

You can add a coin acceptance mechanism and some python code if you wanna accept quarters. I'd do this if I had a bar.

>implying mr shillinberg will allow op to run it
>implying mr goldberganstein wont sue him and lose his saloon

Has its ups and downs. I originally wanted to make a huge gaming bar, like a small but focused game and busters. But start up was too high so I turned it into a bit of a lounge. Doing fine, though on money. I'd recommend it if you can find a good location and it is what you are into. Busy busy busy, though.

I don't know how to program and wouldn't know how to use this. I like the idea, I just don't know how to do all that. Is it like any computer where you just hook it up to a keyboard, mouse, and monitor and install software? Or do you actually have to code?

>game and busters
Sorry, meant Dave and Busters.

>implying a jew would waste their time going after a smalltime bar like OPs.

There's easy guides online quit being worthless

Lol omfg this fucking idiot.
>hur dur ur worthless even though u own ur own successful business and are looking at upgrading to stay with the now
Seriously though. U mad or sumthin?

fuck off OP is too busy running a bar to spend hours watching autistic youtube videos of someone soldering inputs onto a CRT.

Finally a legit thread and this guy shows up...

What state are you in user?

hey faggots, if you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen

Don't buy arcade games. Everyone now has a smartphone if they play games. Look phone games that are social and maybe have a display that show scores or something.

what if OP were to use open source arcade games for example? I have absolutely no idea about laws, patenting and licenses, but wouldnt this be hard/impossible to sue? Or if the problem is using it commercially, what if it was free to play in the bar?

talking about a pi + said games.

noice idea

Nevada, sorry for the late response.

Dude, just grow up.

I was thinking more along the lines of table top gaming and set them to free play on certain nights. Couple that with a few competitive party games and I thought they would do well. But again, no money to buy flat out.

But yea, I like that too. Scores would offer a nice challenge to regulars. I really want to emphasize simple competition. Simple to play, hard to defeat.

Buy one from Alibaba. They have arcades with hundreds of copies of arcade games and they're like $700.

I have a whatsapp number you can reach a company with if you want.

That works, thanks.

Funny, my uncle used to run one of these. He ended up opening a pub.

build one cheaply with a retro pi you stupid lazy motherfucker

For real guys, I know you're edgy as fuck.

Don't know why I'm wasting time trying to educate you but here it s:

This stuff used to be quite technical, stuff like hyperspin and installing linux was tricky, drivers, controllers, everything was hard.

Now it's 2017, you literally copy a single directory onto an SD card, put that card in a 40 usd raspberry pi, plug in the cables and that's it.

Then you can put some games by dragging them into the right directories, that is literally it.

The program is called Retropie and it's free.

Anyway, that was my good deed for the week, fuck all you tech illiterate cancer pajeets please ignore everything I say and just stick your fingers in your ears while repeating information you heard 10 years ago lalalalala

inb4 reddit spacing, imagine some fucking
>
>
>
in front of every line

>reddit spacing
>not knowing how meme arrows work

Every new sentence needs to be a new paragraph?

DIY !
> what is mame

YOU'RE THE MAN NOW DOG

>thinks thats reddit spacing

ohhhh cringe just go back now

Don't install arcade games. They will become the bane of your existence. People will break the cabs and complain constantly.

Unless you own a Pizza Hut and it's 1996

Yeah running a bar is so hard, you hire a girl with got a and a man to run the bar and a couple Mexicans to be bar backs. He's so busy running a successful bar that he can't afford a real arcade game and when someone gives him an alternative he says "but that's haaaaarrrrrrdddddddd"

Buy ans you buttmad faggots

Where are you located OP? Or what's your bar name? If close by will pop in for a drink. Happy you made it, congrats!