What did pro-Nazi Germans do after the second world war? Did they just go back to their everyday lives...

What did pro-Nazi Germans do after the second world war? Did they just go back to their everyday lives? Was there any sort of punishment or shunning for them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R5i9k7s9X_A
youtu.be/qkQ6J5F01Do
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To be clear I'm thinking of your average villagers like in the picture, not high-ranking officers.

>Did they just go back to their everyday lives?
yup pretty much

youtu.be/R5i9k7s9X_A

>Was there any sort of punishment or shunning for them?

Yes, watch Hellstorm: youtu.be/R5i9k7s9X_A

Wrong link. Hellstorm is here: youtu.be/qkQ6J5F01Do

Pretty much nothing bad happened to them. There was naturally a policy of denazification and reeducation but if they had nothing to do with the party they weren't punished in any way.

By 1949 denazification was deemed a mistake and it stopped being enforced. Most people didn't see themselves as guilty. They blamed everything on Hitler and the SS. The myth of clean Wehrmacht was born then. Many former Nazis even joined the new government, there were amnesties for ex-Nazis, organization defending the rights of former Waffen-SS soldiers (HIAG), and people were shunned if they talked about the holocaust or Nazi war crimes.

>Most people didn't see themselves as guilty.
>They blamed everything on Hitler and the SS.

>we dindhu nuffin ja

The most famous former Nazis in post-war German government were probably Hans Globke (responsible for writing a positive commentary on Nuremberg Laws, he became Adenauer's chief of staff of the German Chancellery) and Theodor Oberlander (Minister for Displaced Persons).

and as bad as this was it was even worse in france in regards to collaborators never being brought to task for what they did. De Gaulle really invented a meme of we were all part of the French Resistance in our own way.

There didn't even start to be any French scholarship on the downfall of the third republic until well into the 1960s.

>This film isn't about what the Germans allegedly did to the world
>allegedly

Nazis are not only really dumb they are literally the definition of DINDUNUFFIN

150 million people died at Dresden!

breddy much

Nazis did nothing wrong except lose

They dared to dream of a Europe free from (((them))) and were destroyed because of it

Free from (((germans)))? That is the dream that we all can agree on.

The weak should fear the strong, Naziboy.

No, Jews

>the strong

Kek, it took several combined nations to stop them

It was Zerg rushing filthy commie rats that stopped them

> Nazi
> complaining about any kind of rush
Looks like Commies used your strategy better than you.

Difference between Blitzkrieg, a masterful piece of warfare planning, and just sending waves of men until they over run something or bury them in bodies

> masterful piece of warfare planning
More like the huge piece of shit planning as it lost the war against most simple strategy in existence.

Idk
They took Paris with it real fucking quick

>muh human wave zerg rush

>what is deep battle
>Who is Tukhachevsky
>what was the stalingrad encirclement

This may be too shocking for your stormweenie brain, but the axis death toll on the eastern front was 9 million to the Soviet 12 million.

Hardly 'muh 1:40 kd'

>death toll

Gibs me the total casualty stats or eat a dick

I did.

Axis death toll: 9.5 million
Soviet death toll: 12.4 million

French let them because they weren't as stupid as Russians to die in billions. They got the place under a winners table anyway.

> total casualty
> m-m-m-maybe if we kill enough innocent civilians and (((jews))) we will win the war!
brilliant strategy fritz, creme de la crap

not him but that's some serious mental gymnastics

french lost 250k men in 3 weeks

>casualties means death

Ah, no, sweetie

>not Hanns-Martin Schleyer

what are you doing

>w-we didn't lose!
>we wanted you to take our capital, Baka!

Hellstorm is garbage
They claim that 100,000+ people died in Dresden when the real number is about 20,000

You mean including injuries? 11 million to 14 million

PoW's are way higher because of the Kiev encirclement, at 3 million German PoW's and 5 million Soviets.

>master race
>btfo by slavs and anglos, literal abo-tier subhumans

kek

What is this a video game?

>cyrilic in Berlin
nope. simply no, I won't accept this.

>Kek, it took several combined nations to stop them
Actually, no. They had plenty of help.
Hungary, Romania, Finland, Slovakia, Italy, Japan, Croatia + all the volunteers they received from the occupied territories

Soviets did most of the work in beating them, backed by American and British supplies

>M-muh zerg rush

German death toll on the eastern front was actually 3-4 million with another million on the other fronts

>German death toll on the eastern front was actually 3-4 million with another million on the other fronts

That's not including Romanian, Hungarian, Latvian, Slovak, Finnish, Bulgarian, Italian and Croatian death tolls, retard.

> Hungary, Romania, Finland, Slovakia, Italy, Japan, Croatia
Doesn't count, they are basically non-countries.

simple pragmatism - the people high in NSDAP were often extremely competent. With basically whole generation devastated it was obvious that in order to run a nation you must use all your resources, not let them sit idly by the side.

I'm not sure their combined death tolls would reach anywhere near 9 million

>D-doesn't count
fuck off

See pic related, if you include PoW's, it's 9 million.

desu senpai, the nation was kinda divided at that point. Could argue it always has been the case with us, but I can understand why De Gaulle decided to make some narration.

They were mostly eastern, and became part of the Soviet Union or Warsaw Pact. The Nords did basically say "dindu nuffin".

Oh, I read "pro nazi governments" nevermind

>blocked by BBC

In the west they promised to help fight commies so we're pardoned
In the east they got GULAGGED

>high ranking officers were competent
>they lost the war due to incompetency
Does not compute

>there's nothing wrong with systematically removing the rights of, and eventually murdering people based on what religion their grandparents had

>clean wehrmacht
>myth

POW's aren't deaths

Overall Axis deaths on the eastern front were 5 million as it shows there

>was there any sort of punishment

Near starvation, they saw their families die, their cities burned to the ground, and their notions of ayran supremacy dashed.

They lost the only war they fought tho

> Be Germany
> enemy surrenders
> immediately executes them
> counts as a death

> Be USA
> enemy surrenders
> throw them into a POW camp where they have a 1% chance of dying
> "POW's don't count. muh superior German KDR"

They just pretended that they hadn't take part in all of it and voted the Nazi Party in the first place. They perpetuated the myth that 1933-45 was just a fever dream which had been caused by the maniacal Nazis who had lured through guile and treachery the innocent German people into conquest and extermination.

Precisely!
The world is a much better place when you're able to pull it off successfully, and there are no whining survivors left to try and guilt trip your descendants and demand that your monuments be torn down because their defeat is a more important historical event than your victory.

For what it's worth a lot of nazi POWs (who weren't from the SS) joined the French Foreign Legion and fought/died in indochina. I think the reason why the FFL lets the myth that they were recruiting battle hardened members of the SS is because it looks a bit better than them recruiting scared, starving teenagers and then throwing them into another meat grinder.

They went to go work with the Allies or Soviets. Germans are cucks who betrayed their own country in exchange for amnesty.