I've started learning about the Rhodesian Bush War because it seemed pretty interesting...

I've started learning about the Rhodesian Bush War because it seemed pretty interesting, anyone have any little known fun facts about the war?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0S2NKlMW0vc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireforce
youtube.com/watch?v=QPLFp9-zupc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Selous Scouts went fucking HARD. Badass as fuck.

Had a teacher who fought in the war and met mugabe and shook his hand and has a photo with him, this way before everyone realised what a cunt mugabe was.

>that butterface
>but that hourglass body

youtube.com/watch?v=0S2NKlMW0vc
The interview to Adam Smith is pretty heart breaking as you see an honest and straight to the point man,while the nig of the black nationalist party paints him as an evil racist

It's Ian smith

I think L. Ron Hubbard was involved with Ian Smith in some marginal way

It was a shining jewel of Africa, until niggers, as niggers do, ruined it

Wilbur Smith wrote some pretty good fiction about it. Makes you hate blacks.

Ive got a huge collection of old Soldier of Fortune magazines all the way back to 1975 loaded with stories from Rhodesia, but sorry too lazy to dig them out.

Check out Mike Hoare and his adventures in the Congo where he organized and lead two separate mercenary groups

tfw you will never be a white rhodesian farmer.

Why live?

Very hard to learn about that war, because of all the Großdeutschlandübergermaniummaximus type kiddies fetishizing it.

+1

>Anglo
>Protestant
Into the trash it goes.

Please share pics and any good articles.

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

Großdeutschlandübergermaniummaximus = big germany over germany biggest

Exactly, is the /pol/lacks that he means, or what is it?

paradox games memes

It's their clay.

It is not you uneducated idiot.

It is now and this is how it was meant to be. Europeans have Europe and also went to the Americas why do you want Africa too? And on top of that benefit only Europeans.

Oh my God, seriously kill yourself.

These are all completely random pages concerning Rhodesia from pre-1980 Soldier of Fortune mags

What were the paratrooper tactics about? Were they for covering flat land or for quick deployment or something?

this tactic is pretty cool
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireforce

whitey got BTFO

wish they had done the same with SA, whites still have all the land and money there

>Europeans have Europe

thank you for these.
does the soldier of fortune magazine have any for hire hitman ad's in the back? someone I know told me about that when the magazine was in it's early years.

Yes, SOF magazine has been sued in the past for murders traced back to their ads. Personally the only one I've found was a 5 man group of Vietnam veterans for hire, but I have no clue which issue it was in.

youtube.com/watch?v=QPLFp9-zupc

heres a video of a helicopter operation

cool

wow

He means the Dylan Roof types. The ones that aren't concerned with historical context outside of "THEY KILLED NIGGERS SO OBVIOUSLY THEY'RE ON MY SIDE NO MATTER WHAT THEIR REASON FOR IT WAS."

Rhodies notoriously hated white nationalist LARPers. The culture had nothing in common with America or Americans.

Did they? Seems to me like the white nationalist larpers are the only friends they ever had

Not that user, but it's true. Harold Covington (the American fatass nazi from the Northwest Front) immigrated to Rhodesia and got promptly deported for being an anti-semite.

Also don't forget that a vast majority of Rhodesian troops were blacks.

go read the Huffington Post

I don't understand why he and James Earl Ray would want to move to a white minority country. It's as if they're more interested in the idea of segregation more so than nationalism.

Possibly because countries like RSA allowed white people to be racist in a time when USA was rapidly desegregating. But yeah I don't get it either, real white nationalists would move to somewhere like Eastern Europe where the are no minorities. Or even Western Europe before the 1990s, places like Ireland used to be completely white.

>the time a few dozen snuck into a guerrilla camp in disguised vehicles and opened fire at point-blank range killing over a thousand soldiers

I think they wanted to go to a place where being white meant something
It doesnt mean anything if literally everyone else are also white

Destined to fail. Military competence meant nothing thanks to the West's embargo.

I know that Roland was a warrior, in the land of the midnight sun, with a Thompson gun for hire.

Rapid deployment. Rhodesians were pretty much GOAT at COIN, and used their limited resources and manpower to kick the ever living shit out of commie terrorists raiding across their borders. The Fireforce method was brilliant, effective, and expedient.

Say what you will about Rhodies and their politics, but they knew how to fight.

Rhodesia was a zionist proxy, like apartheid SA

It's a tragic story if you read some of the memoirs written by their soldiers. They knew the score, but continued time and time again to put their bodies and souls through hell to keep fighting the fight.

Three Sips of Gin is a personal favorite, it's hilarious in a very dark way, and goes very in depth about Selous Scouts operations. Fireforce is also excellent, but more of a grunts' book, which for me has it's own allure.

/ F A /
F
A
/

look so much cooler than the cowadooty tacticool bullshit nowadays.

>you'll never wear short shorts and kill commies innawoods

>Operation Dingo
200 rhodesian troops vs 10000 ZANLA troops
rhodesian losses:2 dead 6 injured
ZANLA losses:3000 killed 5000 injured

>Operation Eland
rhodesia:84 ground troops vs ZANLA 5000 ground troops
rhodesian losses:4 injured
ZANLA losses:1000-2000

The only friends the Rhodesians ever had were the Portuguese and the Saffers, and even they eventually caved and cut off supplies once they realised how serious things were getting.

Nazis

Doesn't matter, lost the war

So what, it was still an amazing feat.

nigger, can we not be objective?

>confuses guards with blackface

winning a war is an even more amazing feat