/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

Friday Edition

Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iVdp2zMQQW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In for 100 contracts of spy 147 strike price expiring next Friday.

Literally free money.

what are you saying user

uhhhh

So you're shorting the SP500 with options?

List safe moderate gain memes for the next week

>safe
>meme stock
personally i just went in on 20 shares of the new FNG ETF just started this week. it's actively managed and made up of all the big tech stocks. $20 a share right now, and unless tech as a whole crashes it's only going up. and if it does crash again like it did last month, and you want to buy the fucking dip, buying FNG would be the best way to do it.

only things i dont like about it are
1) holds SNAP, which is garbage. but only 2% so not too bad
2) has a .85% expense ratio which is high even for an active fund

expense ratio will presumably go down the more popular the ETF gets. and is hopefully going to be put to good use considering how volatile tech can be. good active management should keep this from being too risky in the event of a full tech crash.

>been learning pattern trading by just fucking around and mentally recording my observations
>find a whole series of videos explaining basic patterns

who all seen the NAK say yeah

Are 3or4x ETFs a good long term investment?

I've got 40 bucks in cash earning Robinhood free fucking money for themselves right now, mostly from dividend payouts. What should I buy monday?

NAK duh

BUY NOW
WE MOON NOW!!!

I'm trying to recoup my losses from 40 shares at 2.03 average a share. Not a huge loss, but I'm planning to get out once I recover.

Fuckouttahere.jpg

So if a vanguard share at $225 each will earn you a dollar a day give or take, if i put in 22,500 would i be making 100 dollars a day give or take?

Might be a dumb question, but im a dumb person. It cant really be that easy can it?

>a dollar a day

user dividends are generally paid once a quarter.

You have to be 18 years or older to use this website.

Sorry I meant 247

I feel you could still clarify a little further...

>It cant really be that easy can it?

No, it can't.

I mean, the share increases a dollar a day, so theoretically doesnt your net worth also increase? And would i be able to turn that increase into income on say, a weekly basis?

pls im serious dude halp

I think user is holding Call options, which will give the holder the right to buy SPY at a strike price of $247. I believe they are going long SPY (it's currently priced at $245.56), and by extension, the SP 500.

you will if you hold through these candyass shorters. my avg is 1.81 btw, planned on holding until Q3 no matter what tho

HAHAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT ALL THESE FUCKING GRANDPAS BRAGGING ABOUT 4% RETURNS

>I mean, the share increases a dollar a day

So if it's currently going for $245, and he buys 100 shares at the special price of $247, isn't he losing $200 right out of the gate? Why wouldn't he just buy at the normal price?

I'm sorry I'm retarded

According to my New Meme Indicator, it Called recent Long entry points of the Following.

---MEME CAP---
RTK @ .55 [66.95%]
XGTI @ 1.88 [63.63%]
AREX @ 3.00 [70.28%]
NAK @ 1.45 [51.84%]
CERU @ .69 [56%.94]

The Percentage is the reliability of the Signal. Check the graph before making a decision.

(I'm guessing here familymember)
The mad wo/man thinks the SP 500 still got some kick in it, so they believe the price of SPY will go above $247 by Friday next week.

If that actually looks like it's going to happen before the option's expiry, they could choose to either sell the Call options for a profit, or get the seller of the Call option to sell them the contracted amount of SPY shares at $247 (and if the market price is above $247, they can then sell the SPY shares they just bought for $247, at the now higher market price)

What would happen if I put 1000 in CBIS?

Call options.

Anyway my basis behind this decision is that there is multiple high growth companies that have earnings this upcoming week which I believe will be the majority of them will be positive, these earning reports I believe will fuel the market to rally once again..

The risk to reward ratio is pretty favorable for this bet. As I bought the call options for .13..if you don't know how the pricing works it equivocates to $13 per call option totaling to $1300.

>CERU

Is that still being pumped and dumped by that one user?

It has like 14K viewers on StockTards

One Sudden movement and It pops like a mother.

It's 56% Correct.

I warned you people to buy Netflix.
Well guess what? It is too late now.

I made about $1000 right now and I expect to double that come Tuesday.

How can you be so sure? Markets are efficient.

Because when they announced they hit 100 million subs 3 weeks into Q2. That meant they added 1.22 million in 3 weeks! That was on track to 3 million for the quarter. When it pulled back not one news story mentioned this. Now that it is up the motley fool ran a story saying exactly this plus others.

Pic very related to prove I've been warning you people.

What does it mean then?

If i bought today for 225 and sell tomorrow for 226, didnt i just make a dollar? Im legitimately interested in where im fucking up..

What are you even talking about buying?

We better hope it's good or else Netflix is temporarily fucked as the run up this week is pricing in a good ER

Say a vanguard ETF. It looks like its a pretty consistant stock (or investment i guess is the better word) according to my non existent knowledge of how it works..

Do ETFs have rules against frequent trading?

I don't see how the subs can be bad. So many shows and new seasons hit that churn will be extremely low.

>Say a vanguard ETF.
What one. They have different dividends.
For example I used to own VOO it yields 1.89% right now. So if I put a $1000 in it I would get $18.90 divided out four times a year, so $4.73 every quarter.

Of course the dividend is only part of the reason you buy it. You also are after the ETF yo go up. In this case VOO represents the S&P 500.

And here is my actual investment and what I made in gains.

i don't think he's referring to dividends. i think he's just referring to it looking like it's been consistently going up and will yield him a dollar a day. if he's super new (just started getting into the market a few days ago) i can see why he might think that.

a stock's price CAN increase by a dollar in a day. many do, in any given day. many also lose a dollar in a day. stocks go up, stocks go down. some go up more and some go down more. sometimes everything goes down. a lot. then you lose a lot.

you can day/swing trade for weeks in a bull market and think 'man, this is the easiest money ive ever made in my life. people brag about 10% yearly returns, ive made 20% this month alone. im so good at this'. then they start dipping. you start losing 2, 3, maybe even 5% in a day. you think, 'oh thats okay, ill just buy the dip. get some more shares even cheaper'. but it keeps falling. if youre lucky itll only fall for a couple days and you wont even go into the red. maybe ill keep going for weeks or even months, and if you dont get out and cut your losses youll start losing all your money. then your 20% turns into -30% in a couple weeks.

a good rate of return for an etf is 7% a year. those are managed by people who get paid a lot of money and are great at what they do. if youre making more than 7% a year, you either got really lucky, or you should go work in finance and get paid insane amounts of money.

the market has been kind recently. my 401k is up 10% since jan 1 2017 and 18% since jan 1 2016. its not always like this. there will be a huge drop eventually to even it all even out. there always is. so dont be a dummy.

>i can see why he might think that
I can't. That is pretty dumb. It sounds as if they don't even understand interest. I mastered that at like 13 years old when I got my first passbook savings account.

We should be fine but I still have that worry in the back of my head

>I can't. That is pretty dumb.
you underestimate most people.

also, i thought i understood it too, but it's different when you're actually experiencing it. watching your portfolio slowly climb 10% over 6 months, then go down 15 in a week. sure, itll go back up. but oh man, if you sold as it started to dip and rebought at the bottom. then you think, okay next time ill be smarter. so you sell everything at the first hint of a correction and then it reverses and shoots up 5% the next day and you gotta buy back in. fucking stocks, man.

Thanks for the insight on dividends.

Yeah you get it. I know i can very well lose money doing this, but can buying and selling my position earn myself income provided the market keeps rising?

Don't use the word income. That usually refers to dividends or bond interest. You are looking for growth or capital gains. Short answer is yes if the market keeps rising you can keep making money. Of course no one knows how long it will continue to rise, but eventually it always crashes. Also don't forget taxes!

sure, if the market is rising then a great way to take advantage is with an index tracking fund like voo or spy. theyre generally more longer-term holds, although there are lots of high frequency traders that day trade them as well.

my advice is to buy them and hold, only transferring back to cash if the whole market starts to enter a sustained dip, then rebuy after youre sure its hit its floor and is on its way back up. if you want something slightly more risky with a higher upside, check out the FNG etf i posted about earlier here

but donalds gonna give north korea the nuclear codes....

>tfw made 22 trades so far this year
>tfw CVM is still my only loss.

people need to understand that as the vix goes lower so does its moving averages. the vix is only 1.25 below its 50 day sma and 2.75 below the 200!. the averages are setting up perfectly. it just needs a lil nudge in the right direction. the boyz decide who moves the market not the catalysts. there gonna set everyone up make people trap everyone whos stuck in the buy the dip free money mindset. those who buy the dip going to get dipped. youtube.com/watch?v=iVdp2zMQQW4

You explained that really well, user.

They just killed the leader of Isis that should hold off the geopolitical shit till at least Wednesday

The only one I recommend for long term invest is DFEN. It's a 3x leverage aerospace and defense ETF. I recommend it (and even hold a couple thousand longterm) because the aerospace and defense industry always out performs the market. The current administration will be increasing defense spending (as seen yesterday). This is a guaranteed moon mission.

Doesn't Trump want to decrease gov spending?