Dear Veeky Forums, I need some serious help

Dear Veeky Forums, I need some serious help.

I was basically fired today, seriously, and I feel like killing myself. Technically I've been only a full-time intern, paid by hour with overtime, for 8 months, but was told repeatedly by the boss that as soon as I proved myself I could be moved on permanently. I'm only 22 but I have a job as an actuary. I thought I had been doing a great job. Yesterday the boss scheduled a meeting to see me today so I genuinely thought I was going to be moved to full time or given a project or something. He told me that he had decided to terminate my employment in 4 weeks. He said basically that the project I had been putting all my time into was not really helping the company that much and that there basically weren't going to be any other projects for a few months possibly, so it wouldn't make sense to keep me there and it "didn't feel like a great fit" for me. I was devastated and told him about how I would work harder and get myself on board with whatever projects there are and how my wife and I had just started settling into the area and this was a huge change and big deal to me. He said frankly that I just wasn't as efficient as I needed to be yet. I almost cried but said that it meant a lot to me to be there and asked for another chance. So he said ok, I could try again for another chance, but there really wouldn't be much work to do or much of an opportunity so he wasn't sure if it would work out at all. He said ok, he wouldn't make his decision final quite yet, but that after 4 weeks he would decide finally.

I'm feeling so suicidal right now. I told my wife, who was just getting settled in this area with me and she was just starting to make friends here. All our stuff is here and my pay was good.

I really want to kill myself with pills or a knife right now.

If anyone here could give me any advice, I'd sincerely appreciate it.
I've been crying so much since I got home I can hardly move.

was in a similar spot almost a year ago. you'll be fine. go smoke some pot

>being a trump voter
yeah you should kys

shoot up the place

Fag, don't worry. You're only 22, trust me you're gonna look back at this someday and laugh at you thinking about suicide. Think about your wife and future children. Don't be an idiot, invest all your money in crypto, by the end of the year you will be rollin in lamboland

Don't kill yourself, OP. You need to keep working like a slave to pay those taxes. If you keep up all the effort you might be able to retire at 60. Life begins at 60.

you're going to kill yourself at the first sign of failure? use that as motivation to find a job that isnt shitty dude.

you think trump would ever consider that? hell no

I don't smoke. But I don't know what to do.

I loved this job, and I loved living here with my wife.

I am really going to kill myself at this point, I think. I don't think I could ever get a job like this again because the truth is I'm not well qualified on paper but I have learned quickly.

I need serious help..I could never do that.

I posted Trump because I know he said his number 1 advice for anyone was "never give up."

We probably won't ever have children, ever.

It's not just about the money. I really thought this career would make me successful.

And we were finally getting settled in here..

>Thinking political elections are more than just choosing which face gets to fuck you over.

please tell me more about your enlightened political views

that's why I posted him

i can't help it though. I just keep crying and can hardly move. my wife knows I'm upset. she's in another room.

Your mistake was getting married. If you lived the virgin omega-male life, losing your job and having to move and/or become a NEET wouldn't be so bad. Now you have social pressures, and they're going to eat away at you.

my gf is going to be an actuary in a year when she graduates school and we want to move out of NYC somewhere cheaper. May I ask where you are located? Don't worry, there will be lots of other job openings. May I ask how many exams you have completed? She doesn't have any exams passed yet (failed FM once) but she's snagged a summer internship at Prudential next year.

OP seriously this is one job. I know you feel like shit but these huge corporations didn't fire you because you were doing a bad job or they didn't like you. You were simply not cost effective. You're still a great worker, just find another job. Shouldn't be hard

i was just trolling, why do people ask Veeky Forums for advice

If you're not going to have kids and you're this big of a pussy you should probably kill yourself. If this is your attempt at roleplaying then we'd still be better off without you.

I'm located in Philadelphia and I have only passed 2 exams.

I recommend using the Adapt quizzes online. My company pays for all the study materials but I used to pay for them before I worked there. The Adapt quizzes were a lifesaver for me. If she can get up to level 6-7 on the quizzes, it means she's pretty much guaranteed to pass the test in person. If she can't, she needs more practice. I've found it's pretty much that simple to avoid taking tests when I wasn't ready, at least for me.

listen to op, he is literally locked in his room right now crying like a woman. dudes helpless. advice from Veeky Forums would probably be a step up from anything he can do on his own.

op sounds like either you werent picking it up as well as you thought you were, or it was just not a good culture fit. probably due to your highly emotional nature. i bet youre weird/difficult to be around. my advice is to change who you are fundamentally as a person in 4 weeks. good luck.

After 8 months they decide to fire you? This can't be the only time they indicated you were underperforming. Don't they have 6 month performance reviews?

If your first notice is also your last notice, look for another place to work.

I have no friends anymore and I don't know where to turn.

she already has been using Adapt but only studied about 1.5 months before her exam. I told her it wasn't enough but she didnt listen. She couldnt really get past level 3 during that time. She's studying again rn, retaking it in October.

Come to New Jersey or Connecticut. Cost of living relatively low compared to New York but also in northeast so pay is high. Philly you had it good but there's plenty of jobs.

You've probably got a lot of options, but I'd say either work your ass off and by that I mean work so damn hard that your existence is your job(Even better transcend your job completely) and become the ultimate asset to surpass all assets there. If you really want this job then take this shock and turn it into a work ethic to be revered by all(be sure to smile, be social, kiss major ass, and one up everyone discreetly). Other than that either walk away from this and look for other options in these next for week s or give up early. OP I don't know you, but in this situation I want to believe that you have the burning passion to shatter all expectations and go far beyond what you ever thought possible for your job.

After 2 months into the job, I met the boss for the first time. I asked him why my internship had no end date and he said that was intentional, that he would check my performance occasionally and move me up if he felt it was a good fit. A few months later, he reviewed me and said I simply wasn't bringing in enough client hours and gave me a goal for client hours. I met and slightly surpassed that goal from the day he gave me that review. I worked hard.

Today he pulls me in and I thought he would move me up for passing that review but instead he told me that the project I was working on was not actually making the company enough money so even though I had listened to his previous review thoroughly, I still wasn't making the company enough money and wasn't necessary. He said today that this was mostly his fault for not telling me that the project I had been putting all my time into was basically a dud for the company.

But then he said that over the next few months there won't be many projects so it probably won't work out.

After my talking, he agreed to give me a second change.

>I'm only 22
You're fine.

I'm not one to give advice but it sounds like they just can't afford your young ass regardless. You don't have a second chance, he just felt bad and wanted you out of his office. I mean you could try to bust your ass off and get the job back, I might be wrong. But if I'm right, you'll have busted your ass off for nothing and without a backup.

I think it would be good to look into your other options in these four weeks. Also you can't be sad because this doggie exists somewhere.

you are just thinking about the money you wont earn. you are thinking on the success you wont have. you are thinking the place you can't afford to live in.

there are people in this very board struggling as homeless. you are a greedy motherfucker that got his chance and blew it.

you can pick up the pieces and be more realistic on your goals, move back to whatever the hell shithole you crawled off, look for another job which you are actually qualified for, or whatever you can get with the experience you gained.

or you could just kill yourself. i think you are a waste of space and you do should kill yourself. i loath greed. i hate people like you and now i'm mad you even got the chance you threw away.

i don't care about you, and no one here does really. so man up or stfu.

The real tests are about level 3-4 on the adapt quizzes.

I'll tell you the truth though: I didn't pass exam P until my fourth try and exam FM until my 3rd, insanely bad I know, and I wanted to give up so many times because I'm genuinely panic and freeze up, start shaking and forget things like how to read during exams. So I understand how it can be hard.

But honestly if she could do like 5 practice exams on Adapt per week every week from August to October she'll probably almost definitely pass.

Where do I even start to look for a job though when this doesn't work out? I'm not in college any more so I don't even know..

Your wife must fucking hate you like holy shit dude grow a pair

>22 years old
>married

Nice, OP. I'm jealous

I really thought I'd spend the next 10 years or so here, growing with the company and living with my wife..

I suppose I should try to fix my resume on the weekends and still work as hard as I possibly can during the week...

At this point, I don't see myself above being more aggressive in asking for more work and trying to show myself better because if I'm fired, it won't matter what they thought of me anyway.

Aside from your boundless overreaction to this news, you have a good attitude when it comes to working hard.

You'll be fine. Are there no other job prospects for you in your area? Not even something more menial?

How?

This is sound advice.

man up. I lost job with 3 kids and brand new built house. started my own businesses. make more than all my pervious managers combined now and work when the fuck I want to and can tell people to fuck off now too. feels good running into bosses from previous employment, I can be smug on the inside, humble on the outside.
check freelance sites for work to pay bills while starting. live cheap. sell shit you don't need. 23 is young you have lots of time to be the rich if you want.

Just steal everything you can and plant CP on your bosses computer.

Keep your head up OP... leverage what youve learned and trudge forward. im sorry to hear about your bad day.

talked to my gf about you, she said

"i was talking to the [her school] alum that i shadowed at prudential and he said that no actuary gets fired unless they fucked up/didnt keep up with their exams/didnt show effort/wasted time

damn......he took the exams many times.....

he just has to go on company websites and look for openings i guess. no other way. unless he wants to go to ASNY (in the fall i think) but I'm not sure if that is more for internships or full time.
If he can't find a full time then he has to start with an internship again or find a rotational program"

I don't know. This is a suburb and it's so quiet and I know nobody here, at all.

My parents think I've settled down and found a nice job here and will be successful. They even came to visit me and see the company. It hurts to know I'll have to tell them.

I think the most I can do is work as hard as I can for the next 4 weeks and aggressively tell them that I can't accept "sorry we don't have any projects you can help with right now" any more. Not the boss, who is never around, but the people just below him who actually have projects and are supposed to give me work.

you'll look back at this time in your life and see what a small bump in the road this is. sorry if it's shit advice but i'm letting you know i've been through similar shit and it's not the falling down that we call failure. it's the staying down.

love you OP

She added "ASNY is a good way to basically get your name and resume out there. You talk to representatives from multiple companies and leave your resume with them.
It's definitely helpful so that when they look at your resume with your application they know your face and personality"

>I've been crying so much since I got home
So I assume this is a lesbian couple...

Go be a farmer OP. If your wife leaves you then she only wants a certain lifestyle and that stinks.

you have 4 weeks to find another job. get on it dude

Please tell her I really appreciate the advice.

>he took the exam many times
Ha, yeah. I know, but the feeling when I finally passed exam P was amazing.

>no actuary gets fired unless they fucked up/didnt keep up with their exams/didnt show effort/wasted time
I understand that's normally the case, but technically I was an actuarial consultant and I think this situation was different. Only because I was the only intern who came in, had absolutely no training, no mentoring, and the company actually forgot that I was even hired.

For the past 8 months, I've had to effectively beg people for little tasks I could help with here and there because I have to mark the number of hours I contribute to each project so that our company can bill the client companies. Everyone always says "sorry we don't have any work for you," and nobody in the office talks, ever.

It's like working in a library and having to bother people every day asking them if there's something you can help them with.
Now the boss says I don't have enough client hours and I keep saying "I have been asking every day to every body and I want to help. I want to do more work" and it turns out there really isn't any work.

I will go to company websites and look for openings if it comes down to that though. Thanks. And I'll keep ASNY in mind too for recruiters.

My wife's father and mother were farmers in Korea coincidentally. I would kind of love that if it paid well enough.

Your fucking 22 you fucking retard, who the fuck cares. You'll get another job you fucking weirdo

jesus christ

Stop giving a shit about what other people think of you. Success must start with yourself.

How?

If I leave for an interview in the next 4 weeks, I'll probably be fired right away. I can't afford that.

You can't kill yourself if you have a wife desu. You got responsibilities to another person desu. Send your resume to a few places and do your best with those 4 weeks. At least you were able to get a stay of execution

my gf wants to know what company. "Oh he is in consulting. thats different then I guess. if its a small company then tell him to try out for bigger ones that will have a lot more work for him. Depends on if you're doing P&C or not but companies like prudential, metlife, New York Life, etc"

>the company actually forgot that I was even hired
>Everyone always says "sorry we don't have any work for you,"
Remember this for the future. These are enormous, glaring signs your job is in danger. The fact that you thought you had a future with this going on, only highlights your inexperience.

first off, you're 22.

Do you know what I was doing at 22? Wasting my fucking life away drinking, and working $10hr temp jobs.

I started college late because I hit rock bottom; it was my only option left. By the time I was 28, I had my first real job in another state 9 hours a away. After 6 years, I sold my 1.5 year old house, and moved back home where I found a better job. I am now 35.

I would fucking kill to gain that type of wisdom at 22. You're so young, man. Learn from it and find other work or a new job. As long as your drive to succeed exists, you can make it through no matter how tough shit is.

Just remember, youre starting your life at 22...I started mine at 28. As long as you don't have a kid, and your wife isn't a cuntbag, you'll do OK.

Start networking with other people. Join social sport clubs with your wife, and get to know people. It doesn't have to be work related. More connections you make, the more likelihood of someone giving you a foot in the door. Most people find their jobs, because they know someone. Shit, it's how I found my first two jobs due to friends I made in college. So get out of the one you're in now, and move on to something else.

Your days are marked anyways, so don't cling to the last few weeks of a steady paycheck. Seriously, that 4 weeks offer to re-evaluate is bullshit. He just wanted to get you out of his office without making a scene. Put all your effort into applying for a new job or internship. I really hope you already have a resume handy. If you don't, stop crying and wasting time on Veeky Forums and get it ready.

Thank you.

I think I thought for some reason that everyone's opinion of me at the firm mattered so I didn't want to be too bothersome but still needed work.

Now I just need work and I think I just need to be more aggressive because it won't matter if I'm not.

I'm in life consulting at the moment.

I could certainly try to apply to them. I wish I knew how. Should I just email associate actuaries at the company, look for openings on big company websites and email the HR addresses they give, reach out to network via alumni at my university with a similar career?

Probably all of the above.

To be honest consulting is a nightmare because there's no consistency at all. I thought I wanted a "dynamic" job going into it, but the reality is you're supposed to work 10 hours a day some days and then have nothing to do for weeks while my boss is upset that I'm not doing enough. Even though I directly tell him that I need more work to do and there don't seem to be any projects to work on. He always just kept saying that I just needed to ask more people, harder, and that he'd "talk to them about bringing me in on more projects," which almost certainly never happened.

To everyone in this thread who lent me advice, thank you.

It really helps me and I appreciate it.

we're all gonna make it bros ;_;

At 22 I was a fuckup and I lost a job that year at Christmas as well. I was still a student, still living at home. I wasn't anything like you, but the job was exceedingly well paying.

You need to get your ducks in a row, figure out unemployment insurance now, use your benefits, and work the 4 weeks if you're getting paid. Once that's done, nothing but unemployment application and job searching. your wife needs to be working too if she's not. this is when you 2 come together as a team and support each other.

heres my advice: quit being a fucking pussy

work hard at this and look for another position at the same time

>We probably won't ever have children, ever.
then you should kys

>intern
>8 months

Sounds overdue.

They were pretty nice about it OP, don't fucking make it hard on them, as they are going to be who your NEXT employer is going to call for a reference!!!

Are you insane? Killing yourself over your first job? Nobody even has a right to know you were fired, you can say you quit when you apply to other stuff. Just breathe dude

It will be alright man

Thanks

Do you think that by the time you're 25 you will still be depressed over this shit? So why are you crying? You have 8 months' experience as an actuary for fuck's sake. You are an enormous pussy and the fact that you can't handle something as small as this and you're crying like a little faggot just shows how bad you are at seeing the big picture

A company that kept someone in the intern position to pay them less and to be able to fire them the moment they didn't need them anymore. Wow what a surprise. Don't know what you expected OP. This isn't the 1950s anymore.

I got paid way ore on overtime than I would have on salary. Way more. I know that's probably part of why they didn't want to keep me like this but that's the way they chose to do it.

Go to your boss next Monday and ask for a coffee. Get in at 8am and send him a message.

Ask for honest feedback around performance, and what changes he thinks you would need to make to be successful in your future career. State that you are very keen to get the right kind of feedback to help you develop. Maybe mention that you hadn't expected

Speak to hr to get anonymous 365 degree feedback, and give to your boss, their boss and your co-workers that you have worked with. Write a polite email asking for feedback.

Look at the results and see what needs to change. Don't burst into tears again if you see things you don't like for fucks sake - yes it hurts but this is good - situational understanding of who you are.

Try to agree with your boss at decision time some targets and reasonable levels of performance improvement to negotiate extending your job after the 4 weeks. (If I did this this and this differently, I think I could achieve x as a reasonable target in the next 3 months).

Don't panic just be professional about it.

Plan b During the next 4 weeks (assuming you like the job) reach out to other Arcturial jobs online (cv up to date) colleagues and social network.

Don't panic you got this user.

* hadn't expected the situation where you wouldn't be asked to stay on, so you just have some blind spots

(Note this is his fault as well as yours, but don't explicitly say this)

Well, during the meeting today he focused on 3 things:

I need to bring in more client billiable hours. Not research, which is what I was doing, just client billable hours so the boss makes more money.

I need to be more efficient. That means I need to be asking people who give me tasks "how long should this take?" and finish it in that time and ASK more questions if I don't get something instead of just trying to figure it out.

And he says I should I frankly should have learned a bit more by now so I could do a bit more. But I argued that I had learned a lot, and I had. But nobody in this term talks to anybody, at all. I could hear a pin drop, all day. Boss gives projects to the FSAs and the FSAs basically do the projects and are supposed to ask everyone else (basically me and the full time people who aren't FSAs) for help. SO I go to the FSAs, say I need a project, and they always say "sorry there isn't anything right now for you to do."

Monday I'm going to send a message to some FSA until one responds asking if they have a minute to talk. Then I'm going to go into their office and tell them my situation and say that surely, surely there must be at least 1 small thing I can do. I need their help and at this point I'm tired of just asking and always accepting no as an answer. I am going to tell them I need something to do.

The fact is I could achieve exactly what the boss wants if people would simply let me work on a project.

sent ;)

I'm 34 married with 3 kids and I have no savings, lots of debt and a shitty job. Guess what faggot? I persevere. I struggle onwards.

Life is a struggle. You're fucking 22. If you can't handle what you're going through now, then life won't get better. Toughen up you little pussy. And do today what your future self would have wanted you to do.

HEY DUMMY YOU GOT 4 WEEKS PRETEND YOUR NOT DEPRESSED BUT HOT SHIT AND TRY TO FIND A JOB CALL A HEADHUNTER PRETEND YOU'RE NOT A SACK OF SHIT
>or slowly drown, you have this job due to dumb chance it's not true love get out of the pool it's full of sewage U DUM FUK

>doesn't want kids

You should definitely shoot up the place and then shoot yourself

You want to know the truth?

I think my wife is too neurotic emotionally to have kids. We argue a lot and I feel like I might be a little too emotional too and worry about spreading that onto some kid incidentally. Having a kid scares the hell out of me.

>You want to know the truth?
No NO NO

Rent out your wife to the richest, biggest, black bull in town. She'll be a perfect fit for his dripping BBC. The bull will rev her to life like an engine finally finding its long-lost key.

I wish I could be there to see it.

How much of a stupid fuck do you have to be to be married at 22? You're still a fucking kid.

>22
>have wife
>have NEUROTIC wife
If I were you, getting fired is the last of my concern. Why would you marry that young at this time and age I'll never understand.

>/pol/tard
>married at 22
>no money saved

My recommendation:
Kill yourself.

My serious recommendation:
Stop browsing Reddit 2.0.
Divorce your wife who thinks your a beta cuck
Save up some money

I love my wife. I have 30k to my name, roughly 7k of which is currently invested and the rest as emergency money.

Dude, chill out. If you're an actuary that means you have education and in-demand transferable skills. Don't be such a fucking bitch and go find a better job where they appreciate you. You might have to cut back on luxuries for a while and budget but don't cry like a pussy. Take charge of your life, faggot.

pls OP don't do it. i'm sure you have lots to live for
if you're gonna do it anyway you should send me whatever BTC u have
1N4RuJc426Xzw2fhn7G1nNHdHH1VnULJxj

So wait, why are you depressed? you have money for your emergency?

Just find a new job, you're making things sound way worse than they really are.

kek

>almost cried

Come the fuck on.
You do businesses a favor with your skill set. Fuck that kike and spam apps on Glassdoor and indeed. You'll be fine holy shit nut up op

I genuinely don't know how to find a new job and went through hundreds of interviews for this.

My wife was finally getting used to the area we live, just 3 minutes from this company, and my family and her family thinks I now have a job set for life. I was disappointed but this thread has sincerely helped me a lot and people above said I should stop worrying as much about what other people think of me.

At this point, I think the most I can do is my best when it comes to trying to keep this job and if I can't I have to apply hard while studying for actuarial tests for a new one.

Dude - 3 things
1) stop panicking - you have 30k in the bank which is more than enough for living expenses while you look for a new job. That's why you need 3-6 months savings.
2) get feedback from your boss, his boss, and colleagues via hr system. Be polite but professional. Target is to understand what are your blind spots and areas you need to improve to make the grade. Just doing this gives you a bargaining position with your boss - if I did x y and z would you hire me
3) during this process mine your social network and work network for other job opps. Get your cv up to date. Ask boss and bosses boss for mentoring meetings and support.

I know the stressful but man up, life has these ups and downs, you can do it user

Sorry hadn't read this.

Client billable hours :-

Ok fair enough - make a plan to get more billable hours, spend time with top performers at bosses recommendation and ask for help in making a plan. Make a plan and show boss.
You need 2-3 mentors (someone more senior than your boss is good for a start)

Being more efficient - what specifically is taking too long?
Figure out when your boss gets in and get in 30 minutes earlier every day.

For other projects, get the work stack of all the projects. Find bits and pieces to support other project leads. Be a wingman, you're 22 for crying out loud - you need to learn from the older and wiser ones.

Whatever you do make a simple plan now, discuss with your senior peers, plan needs to include areas where you could add value around revenue generation (billable hours), project delivery (efficiency) and you could even have one on there as continuous improvement (your ideas to add value).

Once peers have given you feedback on your plan, call / email your boss to arrange a time to go through it. If I did x, y and z do you think it would be more effective.

Come on sparky you got this :-)

>my wife and i
>22
stopped reading

Someone post the sam hyde clip by any chance, i'm on mobile

But yeah, seeing as you dont give a fuck about your finances, you shouldnt care too much you got laid off. Thread!

I was checking this from time to time to see if you responded.

Come back same time next week with an update, if things are not working out I will help more.

will share some more help than I already posted.

and would be pleased to hear a confident young chap like yourself got over being a victim and posted some Trumpian success stories.

knock m over sparky

Sorry to hear about you losing your job, OP. I only have this advice for you: never try too hard. If you try too hard, it can have the opposite effect. People will think you're incompetent even if you're actually competent. Never act desperate even if you're really desperate. That is also a turn-off for most people. Even in the worst situations, you need to remain calm and composed at all times in front of other people.

If your boss is going to fire you, then he's going fire you. There's no helping it. The cause for firing may or may not have anything to do with your performance. It doesn't really matter. What matters is how you can use the experience you've gained to help you find another job. Don't let the bridge burn. Ask your boss if you can use him as a reference.

>"sorry there isn't anything right now for you to do"

This is usually the case when the entire team knows that the intern is not capable of delivering useful results. Once this impression has settled, it gets rather difficult to alter it in a short time without being able to compensate one's deficiencies with e.g. social skills. Everyone would rather not deal with cumbersome interns since their support actually leads to more and not less work for the person who gave you the task. I can instantly recall several examples from my office, and while I myself don't try to exclude someone instantly and ruin their chances, I myself am under quite heavy pressure to deliver billable and efficient results and therefore avoid engaging with interns who provide subpar results where I'm more busy with correcting the sea of mistakes than with actually making use of that work.

My most important criterion for evaluating whether I'm going to cooperate with an intern is the pace of improvement. It's fine if someone doesn't get it right immediately, but once I've commented on the work and pointed out what was dissatisfactory, then I certainly expect those recommendations to be implemented the next time the work is delivered. Based on your comments, I almost expect that you've basically fallen into stagnation mode whilst having a clear expectation that you will be simply be handed the full-time position and it sounds to me that you simply don't deliver your work in a manner expected by others. Of course, if your superiors don't provide comments it might create the illusion that everything is fine, although the opposite might be the case. Then, I'd strongly encourage you to actively ask for a feedback on the last few tasks you delivered from different colleagues. Ask them whether your work was helpful and what you could do improve the quality. However, if they've already provided hints in the past and you didn't implement them properly, you've got no one but yourself to blame.

Omg this is such a wage.cuck thread..just get on.your hands and knees and start crying and plead for slave internship. When that doesnt work offer him your boipussy. Then offer him your wife.

Thank you. I will try and go to the top performers, but they always say there's no work for me to do. I'm pretty much going to have to tell them my situation and say that even if they think there's no work, I need to come up with something and ask for help.

Rather than see my boss once every 2 months this time, I hope to do this with him like once a week telling him what I've done and asking for feedback.

The boss doesn't actually come to work except for like 1 day a week. He's the boss for another office as well in a difference city so he just flies back and forth all the time. That's why I've almost never seen him.

>get the work stack from the other projects.
The boss said there literally aren't any other real projects now when I asked, but I'll try by asking my seniors what they are working on. I'm assuming that they're required to bring in client billable hours as well.

I like the idea of your plan. Thanks.

Just put all your savings into crypto then you won't have to work anymore

Don't lose your hope. Let's start by investing 100k at Reddcoin. Bitbean is ok too.

Literally offer your boss your wife. Do it, faggot. You're already a wagecuck, time to go full on KEKOLD.

HEY ASSHOLES. Op cant just jump from intern to actuary. There are a series of exams one must go through to even get an asa, full actuary is 5 or more years post college. Im married to one, so op can fuck off with his bait fiction

>8 months of intern
>"no work"

What am I supposed to tell you?

Hey it's me again.
I mean ask top performers for coaching.

You got 4 weeks - your next 3 days should involve
1) Getting your cv up to date (plan b)
2) Having a chat with your wife that you are going to give this your all over the next month and you might need her support if you are going in early, reassure her Friday night will always be date night, but after getting over the shock you need to make sure you are in good shape at work
3) Ingratiating yourself to top performers. You're taking them for coffee and asking for advice on how to be more efficient, get more billable hours and what we need to do to improve.
Advice on what areas do you need to develop in for your plan. Also are there any bits and pieces you can help with...
4) show draft plan for boss. Just always be in before he is every day next week. After he arrives drop by his office asking for 5 minutes, figure out a time to share some ideas and look for feedback.

Good luck. This will work.

If he isn't about just SMS him at 6.30am on Tuesday, just request a meeting next time he is in the office.