What are some good records of real-life "monster hunts"?

What are some good records of real-life "monster hunts"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MNR4zQKNORU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawney_Bean
bigfootencounters.com/sbs/pandc.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almas_(cryptozoology)#Alleged_captive_Almas
youtube.com/watch?v=-qZxMY7FZf8
youtube.com/watch?v=6iaxDxHUWP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Those fuckers that would climb into wolf dens to kill the beasts.

The hunt for the beast of Gevaudan.

How do you loose that many people to one wolf?

Because it wasn't a wolf.

It was a lion.

Heckin warn me next time before you start handing out jumpscares

The hunt for Osama bin Laden.

>God bless American
>Freedom ain't Free
>Never Forget

Source user? There is zero proof that is was a lion, unless your sources are modern movies.

Sort of related, the Troll hunter film set in Norway is a great portrait of Norwegian folk mythology and I'm pretty sure there's some serious troll hunters in Norway (in the same sense there's people looking for Loch Ness).
youtube.com/watch?v=MNR4zQKNORU

It was multiple wolves

>back scabbard
why

Underrated film.
Still, I don't understand why it tries to be scientific and possible, but doesn't explain how a troll can know if you're Christian or not.

for comfortable carry while traveling long distances

Bump

What was the thing where Nazis/Soviets opened fire on a neanderthal while patrolling a forest?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawney_Bean

What the fuck?

> The clan was captured alive and taken in chains to the Tolbooth Jail in Edinburgh, then transferred to Leith or Glasgow where they were promptly executed without trial; the men had their genitalia cut off, hands and feet severed, and were allowed to bleed to death; the women and children, after watching the men die, were burned alive.

Had to have been the Nazis. The Russians would have conscripted it.

>Soviets capture a yeti
>Unfortunately for the yeti it doesn't speak Russian
>Gets shot on suspicion of being a German spy

bigfootencounters.com/sbs/pandc.htm

my sides

Also what about the Australian colonists who hunted Abos thinking they were Darwin's missing link?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawney_Bean

Too bad King James and his ilk did not suffer the same fate.

Tigers were utterly numerous in Ancient and Imperial China that getting eaten by one in Southern China during nighttime was a real common danger.

As such when a Den is discovered, villagers would arm themselves in a militia and go after it. As if the Tigers were human bandits since its the same thing they do vs. them..

The Russian bigfoot turned out to be a Black slave of the Ottoman Turks who had escaped. Russians at the time never saw a Black person before so they thought she was a bigfoot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almas_(cryptozoology)#Alleged_captive_Almas

IIRC a Buddhist monk slew a tiger barehanded in Yunnan

The Eastern Front of WW2 was so Monty Python that I actually believe this story.

Wow....that's insanely messed up. How the hell did they justify that?
The aboriginals must have seen white people as Predators.

That's an amazing story, but I was describing one I heard where it was WW2 and a patrol squad stumbled upon a cave and unloaded on its spear wielding inhabitant.

>Another case is said to date from around 1941, shortly after the German invasion of the USSR. A "wild man" was captured somewhere in the Caucasus by a detachment of the Red Army. He appeared human, but was covered in fine, dark hair. Interrogation revealed his apparent inability (or unwillingness) to speak, and the unfortunate creature is said to have been shot as a German spy.

Nordic modern liberal secularism combined with Paganism. Notice how they slipped in a Muslim character at the end?

How did the trolls react to muslims?

Have you met an abo mate? They have an IQ of 60 at best, and that's before the years of sniffing petrol. They're dumb cunts, easily mistaken for fauna

As I recall it just kind of dropped right there. The movies ends soon after and all the filmmakers are "never heard from again". Personal theory: the writers wanted to make the movie a "realistic" modern look at Norse pagan myths, so they threw in a Muslim character because muh diversity.

You know, because a single Muslim female is going to be out in the mountains of western fucking Norway hunting trolls with good Norwegian boys.

> EVERY
> SINGLE
> THREAD
youtube.com/watch?v=-qZxMY7FZf8

t. user who cannot stand empirical observations

Nazi Hunters

Give us a ciggie then ya cunt
*pops you in the jaw before you can respond"
*rapes you at gunpoint and threatens to have his family rape you if you go to the police*
MOI LAND

How about the fact that the Congolese have had to deal with every dinosaur ever at this rate

>MOI LAND
youtube.com/watch?v=6iaxDxHUWP8

you didnt get the joke

What's the joke friendo?

>You know, because a single Muslim female is going to be out in the mountains of western fucking Norway hunting trolls with good Norwegian boys.
That sounds lewd

It is not, I can assure you. It kinda snaps the whole Norse mythology immersion of the film.

It's France, I mean those guys surrendered the Rhineland without a fight to a pack of unarmed Germans. Not surprising an entire county can get royally BTFO by a single wolf.