Itt: Creepy/unsettling art from no later than 1900

itt: Creepy/unsettling art from no later than 1900

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w2VcrDTZwis?t=11m
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The look of his eyes is so disturbing, and the picture is accurate if the witness testimonies are to be believed
it was obvious that he did not intend to kill his son
although whacking someone over the head with a scepter is usually a bad idea

Pretty much anyone of Theodor Kittelsen's painting are unsettling and creepy, though as a child the fairytale this painting is based on spooked the shit out of me

More Kittelsen. This one is a personification of the black plague seen from the perspective of a child

was strictly speaking painted in 1904, but it's close enough I guess.

It gets even more unsettling when you read the backstory.

> On 5 July 1816, at least 147 people were set adrift on a hurriedly constructed raft; all but 15 died in the 13 days before their rescue, and those who survived endured starvation and dehydration and practised cannibalism.

>Perfect time for a Sally Mann dump to freak out all the crossposters from /pol/
>It would be exactly the ironic counter-counterculture Veeky Forums is known for
>But I'm not currently in a place where I can avoid the ban
Fuck.

>yfw you will be surrounded by cucked yes men for the rest of your life because you killed your son, the only man in existence who could stand up to you.

This artist has so much disturbing shit, way creepier than that.

Also he was handsome af.

Really, anything from Goya fits the bill.

>peasant dancing, courtly mercies, genitals bind their steps
>sun tortuers sierra, flies feast on corpses
>vulture looks over king's silk robes
>executioner won't believe that an axe waits for him

god this song is so. good

Can't beat some good ol' flaying of Marsyas

*Tips Fedora*

post 2 or 3 of this sally mann's works and jot down why you like them, not sure why the mods would ban

A trip to her Wikipedia page will clear everything up for you. And it's off topic anyway since OP said pre-1900

Marvelous thread, folks.

It's naked kids

Thicc

this thing is in the vatican

Isn't this Christ overcoming death? I quite like it

>Forgetting the most obvious example

Here's a followup on Mann's children.

youtu.be/w2VcrDTZwis?t=11m

They're twitchy and typical hippy spawn/homeschooled types afraid of their own shadows. Shes a hippy who used her naked kids for attention, like any hack pushing just far enough to cause controversy but not get in real trouble. Everyone knew back then and everyone knows now. Although that won't stop you from smelling your own shit and using /pol/ as a scapegoat.

Pic related. It's not a real cigarette bet you got mad ;)

was waiting for someone to post this. Medieval depictions of Hell are always creepy af.