“Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately...

>“Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.”

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com.au/books?id=MW8SAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA13&dq="Since I entered"&redir_esc=y&hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Looking back, Woodrow Wilson was re-elected president in 1916 on a platform that he had "kept us out of war" and on the implied promise that he would "keep us out of war." Yet, five months later he asked Congress to declare war on Germany.

>In that five-month interval the people had not been asked whether they had changed their minds. The 4,000,000 young men who put on uniforms and marched or sailed away were not asked whether they wanted to go forth to suffer and die.

>Then what caused our government to change its mind so suddenly?

>Money.

>An allied commission, it may be recalled, came over shortly before the war declaration and called on the President. The President summoned a group of advisers. The head of the commission spoke. Stripped of its diplomatic language, this is what he told the President and his group:

>"There is no use kidding ourselves any longer. The cause of the allies is lost. We now owe you (American bankers, American munitions makers, American manufacturers, American speculators, American exporters) five or six billion dollars.

>If we lose (and without the help of the United States we must lose) we, England, France and Italy, cannot pay back this money . . . and Germany won't.

>So . . . "

>Had secrecy been outlawed as far as war negotiations were concerned, and had the press been invited to be present at that conference, or had radio been available to broadcast the proceedings, America never would have entered the World War. But this conference, like all war discussions, was shrouded in utmost secrecy. When our boys were sent off to war they were told it was a "war to make the world safe for democracy" and a "war to end all wars."

>>/pol/

it's literally a quote from an ex-president
what's wrong with you?

Does this suprise you or something?

Fucking Yuropoors pay denbts

Which Pres?

Already have, and America actually owes us money now. How does it feel to be a pauper king?

Reminds me of Smedley Butler

As a European you would know. If America wasn't bogged down with globalism and bureaucracy we'd be # 1 again in no time. Meanwhile Europe continues to be as stagnant.

>bogged down with globalism
What did you mean by this?

>Weren't bogged down by globalism
Yeah or products would be so much better and we'd be so much better off economically if we prevented our companies from competing globally and we had to pay more to buy products from overseas.

When you eliminate competition while others don't your destined to fall behind. There's no incentive to innovate or produce better products. If this was done China will continue to compete globally and will continue to advance while the US stagnates. Regardless, China will come out on top. They have more than 4 times the population of the US and are a unified power unlike India.

People without even a basic understanding of economics shouldn't comment on it.

>When you eliminate competition

So I suppose you support slave labor, right?

THE INVISIBLE HAND.

wilson

What pervasive subtle power is this? Satan? The Jews? The Illuminati?

>They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.

me

deep state

>They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive
How is this even possible? If it's as pervasive as they say it is, then it's common knowledge as a significant population are "in on it".
All the much more so if it's organized and watchful.
But it seems like no one knows what "it" is? This makes no sense.
Just another example of humans wanting to anthropomorphize and attributing purpose to chaotic systems. They can't handle the idea that no group is in charge.

the organised power is the demiurge

>>“Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.” They know that America is not a place of which it can be said, as it used to be, that a man may choose his own calling and pursue it just as far as his abilities enable him to pursue it; because to-day, if he enters certain fields, there are organizations which will use means against him that will prevent his building up a business which they do not want to have built up; organizations that will see to it that the ground is cut from under him and the markets shut against him. For if he begins to sell to certain retail dealers, to any retail dealers, the monopoly will refuse to sell to those dealers, and those dealers, afraid, will not buy the new man's wares

f-fuck

the Jews

This was a century ago. Today this type of anticompetitive behavior would be illegal.

>WW was talking about monopolies and cartels, if one looks at a list of robber barons they are dominated by anglo-celts.

I was simply filling out the quote to give context, rather than the spoopy recontextualisation of OP.

It's simply become more entrenched and more subtle than it was back then, with the cooperation of the deep state.

Do you think the massive growth of regulation since the mid-20th century has been about protecting the public? Some of it was, but for the most part it serves to create an ever-growing barrier to entry for small companies in a wider and wider portion of industries.

ok goldstein

because no one would ever do anything illegal, would they!

especially not if they could, say, influence the government!

>not removing sections of a quote to deliberately decontextualise it is jewish mind tricks
ok buddy

>the cause of the allie is lost

Fuck off America, you just came here late to the party and screamed that you were the hero.

If you didn't interfere we would have bled the deutsch so hard they would never have risen again and we would have kept Algerie.

source on this text?

Source please lad

first one is from 'The New Freedom' by woodrow wilson published in 1913
>books.google.com.au/books?id=MW8SAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA13&dq="Since I entered"&redir_esc=y&hl=en
don't know about the second one since i didn't post it

The only difference would have been that Germany would have been bled just as dry as France was. So yeah I guess they wouldn't have risen again as frogs were weak sauce in WW2 exactly due to being bled dry in the Great War.

>mfw i'm currently reading through Lord of the Rings

i don't get it

There's parallels to real society all over the place, i shouldn't have to explain it in detail.
>"...a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.”

nigger what the FUCK are you trying to say

All will be revealed in time...

Sauron wasn't an organisation though, he was one dude (elf) who made right through might.

>and America actually owes us money now
*withdraws american troops from western europe*
heh nothin personnel

>sauron is an all seeing eye
it's the illuminati aka da joos dipshit

>hate western society (because it's built upon christianity)
>control the media
>make it degenerate to corrupt the people (destroying morals) while angering violent puritan tribes (islam) into destroying it
>destroying the west from the inside and out at the same time

DEVILISH

>hate western society (because it's built upon christianity)

Is this legit the cause the Jew-fearing attribute to (((their))) supposed plot to take over the world? Doesn't make any sense desu

WASPS (who blamed the jews to cover their own backs and get revenge for the crucifixion)

T. People not understanding history or economics

The US is still on top and will stay that way. And it is not a paper tiger like you Europoors and is not in a state of decline, it's coming back.

Cheeki breeki

I hope it's aliens or some inter-dimensional being or something crazy like that

but it's probably just the jews

Lol

>in 2013, 47% of US GDP was created by 100 companies

>The US is still on top and will stay that way. And it is not a paper tiger like you Europoors and is not in a state of decline, it's coming back.
>it's coming back

>anti-establishmentism that doesn't also attack "some of the biggest men in the United States"

*yawns*