Who is the contrarian's favorite president?

Who is the contrarian's favorite president?

Grant, Coolidge, Van Buren, Andrew Jackson

Nixon

This. The most truly contrarian example. It's not enough to say that Nixon wasn't the worst and other presidents did worse things which would be true.

Jefferson Davis

Nixon did lots of good things though. The only wrong thing he did was bomb cambodia

He's usually not their favourite though

Two great presidents, one who could not control the office but tried and one who did some good and some bad things.

Not bad. I've seen worse lineups.

Hoover is nobody's favorite. He's just misunderstood. An interventionist hated by his own party supporters for not continuing the legacy of his predecessors and by those who believe in the mainstream liberal narrative that (incorrectly) labeled him laissez faire probably to cover the fact that his program was so similar to Roosevelt's and both failed.

W. Bush

This. He's the same as Obama and doesn't even have the race card going for him, and all the things he's fucked up are still in the public eye. There is literally nothing going for him.

Dad, a non-religious conservative (a rather contrarian set of demographic traits, in America anyway) has always said that Coolidge was his favorite.

This doesn't strike me as a /truly/ contrarian choice though, but simply the sort of thing that a conservative of the right cant would say. /Contrarianism/ as-such has to get beyond such "oh-come-on-now" :^) meme-tier stuff as saying, for example, that William Henry Harrison is your favorite, and actually examine less-popular presidents based on meaningful things that they actually did, or had time to do.

Nixon is a current contrarian favorite, and perhaps Carter to a lesser extent (dad despises Carter, having actually lived through the administration).

Other contrarian choices include Hoover, Wilson, Dubya, and anything from say Polk-Buchanan (Buchanan so universally condemned, of course, that support for him veers into the aforementioned oh-come-on-now, unserious territory).

Woodrow Wilson

Donald Trump

John Adams

I'm the only dude who likes him

Millard Fillmore

This.
>tfw the Millard Fillmore society is dead

redpill me on Fillmore

James Garfield.

The last guy that was in office, always.

Nah, he was a cool dude. Too bad those cherries got him

He was shit president tier much like every other president in the 1850's

Chester Arthur, for civil service reform ending the spoils system.

That guy was the 19th Century Liberace when it came to fashion.

Zachary Taylor was Nazbol

Not a president, but the thinking man's statesman.

The fact he draws such ire from the traditional right, alt right, bleeding hearts, and Nobel Committee only shows how hard earned his status is.

"worse"

Kissinger pisses off both lefties and rightcunts.

>presiding over the cultural genocide of germans in the US via the sedition act

Is jefferson contrarion enough? Dude was probably the smartest of all of them, was a polymath, had a huge library, developed tons of semi-accurate and semi-batshit theories, but was all around based.