Were the Sumerians truely the first Civilization? Is there any possible proof that there were previous ones?

Were the Sumerians truely the first Civilization? Is there any possible proof that there were previous ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NHOQCHbFKEg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As in civilization with writing and cities, yes?

As in civilization with cities? No

As civilization with writing? Probably

Indus Valley may predate Sumer.

What was the first Civilization with cities?

I'm not an expert, but I'm fairly certain that it's accepted that they were the first real "civilization", but maybe not the first organized city or town.

Also, what are some good documentaries about the extremely ancient civilizations/cities, like Sumeria, Indus Valley, etc.

There's some scattered evidence that there may have been organized civilizations with primitive forms of proto-writing or maybe even very early writing before them, but nothing really definitive. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if there were numerous attempts before that all buckled for various reasons before they could really get going.

Gericho in the Levant (9000 bc), then Catal Huyuk in Anatoli (7500 bc), then the Cucuteni culture in Romania (5600 bc)

You can't prove that something doesn't exist. You can only prove that it does. Sumeria is the oldest civilization we have found. But there are also very sophisticated hunter gatherer grand structures that predated them so who is to say what can be called a ''civilization''.

It is not the earliest civilization... see:

How are you defining a "civilization"?

Artefacts from Neolithic Jericho

No, that would be whoever built Gobleki Tepe

crops, animal husbandry, agricultural surplus, urban settlements, metallurgy, writing, centralized religion

Is there anyplace to learn Sumerian online?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NHOQCHbFKEg

Probably the first Empire, Lugal Anne Mundu ruled an Empire that stretched more or less over the Fertile Crescent ain the 2400s BC.

The statue(pic related) was found under a temple in one of his cities, Adab.

God damn those are creepy.

So, um... Narmer unified Egypt in like 3100 BC, and the upper and lower kingdoms had existed for centuries before that.

That was not an Empire that stretched across areas that include modern Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Syria, and Lebanon.

Egypt is a fucking river.

Jericho was built around 9000 BC, I bet that causes you eternal butthurt.

I'm pretty sure Sargon's empire didn't include Lebanon

>Jericho was built around 9000 BC, I bet that causes you eternal butthurt.

Why would it?

kenneth clark

>Sargon
That was Akkadian in the 23th-24th centuries, Lugal Anne Mundu was 25th century.

Sumerians were not Semitic, Akkadians were.

it's conflicted between Mesopotamian and Egyptians with each having first aspects of civilization

no
he didn't have blue eyes
it's just their favorite color (only produced industrially?)
and they used it on everything

>he didn't have blue eyes
Who? And prove to me that somebody didn't have blue eyes 4500 years ago. Do this and I'll never visit this forum again.

>he didn't have blue eyes
Not that guy, but how do you know?

>Who
lugal and the few other statues with blue dye on eyes
>Do this and I'll never visit this forum again.
why would i want that dude
anyway check bellow
>but how do you know?
they painted the nipples also blue
and Ishtar gate
they left nothing painted any other color indicating it's the only one they had

no, if anything they should be called the first identifiable.

I mean, how do you know he didn't have blue eyes?

because he would be semi blind since he lived in southern iraq and that wouldn't be evolutionary advantageous

Blue eyes evolved around the southeasternrn coast of the Black Sea which is pretty darn close to Iraq.

>Sumerians were not Semitic, Akkadians were.

I know, and?

And, you're a fucking retard.

>wouldn't be evolutionary advantageous
mutations are caused by social change, Spanish HGs had blue eyes, they live in the hottest area of Europe, how does that make sense?

FYI these are fakes. As is the majority if not all of these Sumerian "artifacts".

>Blue eyes evolved around the southeasternrn coast of the Black Sea
can i get a source on that?
>, they live in the hottest area of Europe
a good 10-15 degrees colder than iraqi summer

>mutations are caused by social change
also please don't believe that
some survived by social change,maybe, but not caused

You better call the Oriental Institute of The University of Chicago and inform then they're harboring fake Sumerian statues.

?

Just go cry about your virginity on /r9k/ you human trash

>but not caused
Retard, social change causes mutations, the nature of said mutations may be influenced by the environment said mutations occur in, the lack of social change = the lack of mutations, hence we can still find arctic peoples with darker complexions.

I'm sure they're aware of this.

> believes everyone are virgins to mask his intellectual inferiority

why are you asking here, ask google.

>social change causes mutations, the nature of said mutations may be influenced by the environment said mutations occur in,
stop
social change only make helpful mutations survive, it doesn't cause it
>the lack of social change = the lack of mutations,
stop

Wtf are you even talking about? Nobody fucking said anything about them being Semitic. Fucking retard.

>intellectual inferiority

In what way?

I thought you were talking about Sargon when you mentioned a Mesopotamian empire that stretched all the to Turkey and Syria, didn't go all the way up to your original post where you mentioned that Sumerian king, who didn't have such an empire, you retarded subhuman, he ruled only above the fertile crescent and a few other close cities, it's funny to spout the bitter virgins like you, mostly because they have no intelligence or culture and can't admit when they're wrong

Did the Sumer influence Egypt in anyway?

Not really, they developed independently, though, they did met and knew of each other reasonably well, especially in the later phases

Not likely, but Akkadians certainly did, and Sumer influenced them.

possibly

>see really cool thread about the earliest civilizations with a decent amount of replies
>it's mostly arguing about semites and blue eyes

M8 what are you even arguing

>can i get a source on that?
Not gonna spoonfeed you on common knowledge. Use google.

great source thanks
sure proves your shit point