and stack thread if anyone is down

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/patents/US20110235765
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asteroid_mining
youtube.com/watch?v=8XJ_huoo5Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=h9ifFsu-oTA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

buy silver coins and hodl for longterm

yes buy physical commodities will help in future take my advice and screen cap mates

mfw so glad i didnt put that 1k into btc 2 weeks ago and put it into silver

How did you spend your 1k? Bars, rounds, etc.?

of course you should diversify ya dumbos

however going more than 20% into physical metals is pretty retarded.

Historically being about 70% in gold and 30% in stocks has been the best performing portfolio in every market for the past 100 years, but I really like silver in this century

just pieces that dont really have a premium, and would look nice sitting in my room, got like 10x 1 ounce bars, got 100x 1g bars, 2x 10 ounce bars and some nice rounds

have about 5k in silver now, im slowly continuuing to buy as i believe the price is low, im seriously invested in the hodl meme so im in it for the longrun

so many people i know think im a retard lol, i want to see their faces when fiat crashes

NO

DON'T

PLEASE

the silver meme has to go, buy fucking Gold, the real thing

lol, gold is good too, but silver will never be cheaper

mate the solar industry is becoming huge, look at silver resources left compared to gold, and the price difference between them,

gold stays in circulation, silver is just used and thrown away unless (rarely) recycled

silver also used for every peace of technology

I've heard it all before, I own literal shittons of that stuff

Silver is a commodity play, yes

Gold is money, store of value

yes it's very cheap atm

but so is Gold, Eurogold has been waiting for the pullback to 1050 for 2 years

even in Dollar the bull seems to have resumed, good times :)

silver is big in electronics right now, its a fairly solid long term hold.

fairly solid? maybe

but nothing compared to Gold

all I'm saying is that silver is no alternative to Gold and never will be

What do you think of junk silver? Like pre 1965 half dollars and quarters?

They are 2 very different things with very different applications that really dont correlate at all.

Id suggest you read more from non pumping sources.

pricewise they do correlate somewhat but I think we are on the same page

there is no "Gold AND silver" that's all I'm saying

Is tarnished silver worth anything? I have a lot of antique silver plates but they are tarnished now

Tarnished silver isn't worth as much. I will give you 1/2 under spot. It's a good deal and I will be losing money.

What do you think between bars or low-premium coins for gold? IF it ever comes time to sell, how do you plan to move it?

You're a good man.

Great stuff, actually may be the best investment since the prepper community is buying it up and there have been a lot of melts in the past, the supply of "junk" silver is actually drying up faster than you'd think.

Personally right now I am buying 90% silver, silver eagles, britannias, the queens beast series, and perth lunar coins (especially 1/2 oz). I don't really go for anything generic or completely non-numismatic because I believe it's a mistake to tie yourself fully to the spot price.

A lot of people would shy from the lunar's because of the premium but if you do you're missing out, they are absolutely the finest silver coins being produced today and when you own them and see them in person you get it.

stick to well known bars and bullion coins and you will be good

1oz coins should be good even if your country want's to lower the amount you can sell to "prevent terror financing" or some bullshit

disclaimer : I have an established ebay store and will be able to move this stuff when the time comes, if you plan on selling to a dealer or coinshop in the future your best strategy would be different

but I would highly recommend developing experience selling on ebay

best place to buy silver?

From a reputable small to medium sized dealer that isn't apmex

i assume you mean website? sorry i'd google it but im afraid a scam site might've bought their way in to top search result.

> silver was $15 in 1917
> silver is $15 in 2017

I've always wanted to pick some up (I think the bars look fucking cool), but this holds me back.

I think JMBullion is pretty reputable right?

15$ was like 1k in 1917 lol, actually I buy because of the historical significance of even being able to afford the amount I have. It would have been rare for even royalty to have 100s of ounces way back, and many other reasons including the technologic and medical uses of silver.

Jm is probably fine, I think I have mostly bought from moderncoinmart and SDbullion and haven't had any issues at all. Maybe apmex is fine too but I have heard some things in the past about privacy concerns and what not

BullionVault.com is pretty decent

It's like the Coinbase of the physical metals market

thanks mates.

>that isn't apmex
Is there something wrong with apmex?

Never mind, I'm reading the customer reviews now.

Yeesh.

They are very large which means you won't mean as much to them as you might to another company, in my experience in this and other industries going with small to medium sized companies almost always means better customer service. I remember hearing something about them selling customer data, or releasing it in some way that some people were not happy about and the response from apmex was basically to laugh it off. I cannot confirm or deny the specifics of this it's just something I remembered.

Another negative is they seem to be very overpriced on certain items compared to everyone else, and get away with it because they have such a recognized brand name that some (complete idiots) people don't even shop around.

You might very well have a fine experience shopping from them, but personally I highly recommend Moderncoinmart, they seem to really care about their reputation.

I have used apmex, SD bullion, JM Bullion, and Provident metals every one of them has been fine but only the last two accept Bitcoin

This was an apmex order btw

you should actually be short silver, we can actually make silver in a lab now. precious metal fags are the worst.

Not saying I don't believe you I just can't find any info on the matter would you like to back up your claim with a source?

>but only the last two accept Bitcoin

Surely not for much longer.

google.com/patents/US20110235765

It takes an incredible amount of energy and a particle accelerator so I'm assuming the cost to create even a single ounce would be astronomically higher than the current spot price.

Oh yeah is it dead again?

You delivered user
I like the cut of your jib

Junk silver is where smart money is going for silver. Wish I bought more junk dimes. Sitting on 75 kilos of silver

Lmao doing God's work my good pajeet

so the price would be much higher. better get on this lunar mission then.

Not thinking of selling till at least 600USD an ounce

Lmao at thinking we can create silver in a lab in anything close to an economical fashion. Maybe in 30 years. By then we will have 1200 dollar an oz silver.

Where do you get it from? Also how do you keep it from tarnishing

how can one extract silver from old electronics?

What makes this "junk"

It's not, this is

What I have there is not junk silver, they are 999+ pure silver. Junk silver is the old 90% silver pocket change people used to carry around with them like dimes, quarters and half dollars.

How sick does it make you that you probably spent these things without checking them in the past.

Hell yes, this is silver stacking board now.
The cryptos in bear market now it's time for silver to truly shine:)))) (gold also)
It's also very cheap rn.

>Also how do you keep it from tarnishing
Isn't most of the tarnishing on silver coins from people touching them over the years?

I think so

JM Bullion, Provident Metald, Apmex, Silver Gold Bull, SD Bullion, and BGASC are all fine. You should check around for weekly deals and compare prices, but at most the differencee in price for a specific item will be 50c per ounce. Check out their one per customer "starter kit" deals. 10 ounces at spot price is hard to beat, especially now.

Silver tarnishes from oxidizing in the air, but handling it and leaving your fingerprints and oils all over it can speed up this process. Keeping them in sealed tubes or air tight capsules will prevent this.

By the way, don't clean silver coins if they have tarnish on them. You can hurt the value more than letting them stay tarnished.

Not sure about silver bars but I'm not going to rick it.

Suckers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asteroid_mining

youtube.com/watch?v=8XJ_huoo5Uw

youtube.com/watch?v=h9ifFsu-oTA

another stupid thing that won't be happening nearly in time to meet the economy's demand for silver.

So you don't think it makes economic sense to build a rocket that costs as much as an aircraft carrier that can make it tens of millions of miles away from the Earth and return with a couple of hundred kilos of rock ore that may or may not have a few ounces of precious metals?

What's wrong with you?

Better to stack 10oz bars (low premium) or government bullion (highly recognizable)

Bullion and 90% will sell for more if you hold them for awhile, bars will always be near spot. I would say you get what you pay for with silver up to a certain point, you don't want to go for high premium collectibles most of the time.
Really you should buy whatever you personally like.

Somebody didn't read up about taxes and fell for the junk silver meme

I buy that good stuff .9999 fine. You filthy degenerate.