Just noticed there's a full on "I live on the Yangtze" - looking guy clapping Marcus Antonius on the shoulder when he...

Just noticed there's a full on "I live on the Yangtze" - looking guy clapping Marcus Antonius on the shoulder when he enters Rome in Season one, Episode two of HBO series. Kinda strange right? I mean I guess it wouldn't have been impossible but still.

Here he is again, from a different angle.

Probably BBC racial quotas.

I don't see a single Roman in that image OP. Kind of strange for a series named ROME.

IIRC, there were ambassadors from China to Rome but they didn't make it all the way because Persians didn't want them to have direct contact.

I mean trade did exist between the Chinese and the Romans, though it was almost always through intermediaries in whatever empire ruled Perisa at the time. Im sure there was at least one chinese trader who made it to the west

it's called Down's Syndrome, you retard.

Not everything has to be SJW faggotry

Forced racial diversity from the BBC. This was at least made in the early 2000, it would be nothing but a bunch of pakis and blacks walking around Rome if it was made today

There are fucking Hindus in that show
This. Also that are several other possibilities.
>be from central Asia
>get enrolled in Parthian army
>lose to Romans
>become a slave
>children are freed

Central Asians definitely didn't look fully East Asian at the time.

>be Khmerian trader
>get captures by Parthians
blabla
It's really not that hard to imagine really. We are quite sure Romans reached China. I think the problem here is, trigger warning for /pol/, the eurocentric perspective of the Ancient world. There was a world outside the Mediterranean and Romans participated in it.
>Even the rest of the nations of the world which were not subject to the imperial sway were sensible of its grandeur, and looked with reverence to the Roman people, the great conqueror of nations. Thus even Scythians and Sarmatians sent envoys to seek the friendship of Rome. Nay, the Seres came likewise, and the Indians who dwelt beneath the vertical sun, bringing presents of precious stones and pearls and elephants, but thinking all of less moment than the vastness of the journey which they had undertaken, and which they said had occupied four years. In truth it needed but to look at their complexion to see that they were people of another world than ours

What annoys way more than a Chinese looking dude is the fact that Cato was older than Caesar.

There had to be have been a couple chinamen walking around Rome in those days

Why?
Let me guess, there were also Australian aboriginals and American indians wandering around?

I hope this is satire

he's right that if it was made today it would look like modern london

>Let me guess, there were also Australian aboriginals and American indians wandering around?
lol no, probably not retard goddamn you're stupid lmao

>hurr durr Empires are totally white any totally don't let colinal elite in the capital
I want /pol/ to leave.

BBC literally has minority quotas, they'd include Pakistanis and Somalis if they did a production about Hitler's last week in the führer bunker

Aren't you fags taking this whole "muh sjws hate white people" thing a bit too far? HBO Rome was excellent and it was a joint collaboration. What BBC doc has been historically inaccurate in terms of race in recent years?

As mentioned earlier, OP is one stupid dumbfuck and Chinese merchants had already made contact with Rome, For fucks sake, you're getting triggered over the appearance of one chink in the entire series, why are you so insecure?

Yeah and I agree that's stupid for historical shows. I don't the need to sperg about it tho.

You're right, Rome let chinamen into the city because china was a colony. Also, london before the 1950s was only 50% white like now. fucking bigot!
every single ''historical'' tv show has tonnes of black people walking around london in top hats

underrated

Ok, if every single historical TV show does this, then surely it would be pretty easy for you to show me an example and a moment where this happens? Considering that every single historical TV show has TONNES of black people walking around in London in top hats, this shouldn't be too hard, huh?

I'm not here to educate you, cupcake :)
People who live in the UK and have ever watched the BBC in the last 5 years know what I'm talking about.

>Lmao let me make this bold assertion!
>Huh, did you just ask me for proof? I'M NOT HERE TO EDUCATE YOU!!!!!!!!

Neck yourself you retard. Really can't decide what's worse, SJWs with their whole diversity shit and hatred of the white race or the insecure beta virgins getting triggered at anything non-white (you). The end of the spectrum is truly cancer no matter which side.

>It's like, common knowledge man I don't need to prove shit XD

people don't even put effort into their shitposting on Veeky Forums

diversity quotas. there will NEVER be a historically accurate television or film series EVER again

Napoleon? One of his lieutenants will be Black or Asian

Cyrus? He was black, of course

King Arthur? Lancelot was a sub saharan african

central asians would have been largely Iranic at this time. they werent RICED (read genocided and repopulated) until the time of Genghis

Umm, sweetie, please calm down. You seem upset. It's qutie cute how you are pretending you are not samefagging when your second post came just as the cooldown ended.
If you insist on sperging out then watch Doctor Who, Call the Midwife, The Hollow Crown, any Shakespeare they air,the Crown, Guerrilla. And that's just shows in the last couple of years.
So yeah, sugar, please stop throwing your toys out the pram :)

>there will NEVER be a historically accurate television or film series EVER again
Going by your racial standards there never was
>hurr all europeans are the same!
>we wuz greeks n romans an shiet

>common (overposted) /int/ meme image
>u mad
>u samefag
>Doctor Who as a legit source

2/10 effort see me after class

OP here hehe pls no bully cool guy
I actually agree with you. What I thought was strange was how dressed like a chinaman he was while living in the mediterranean and if any of the dynasties actually had any contact with the roman republic this early on.

>Napoleon? One of his lieutenants will be Black or Asian

Kek, retard doesn't even know that one of Napoleon's generals was black. Thomas-Alexandre Dumas was legendary, get the fuck off Veeky Forums and go back to /pol/.

>colony
I hope you're shitposting

durrrr how are we know he chinese unless he are dressed like Chinese you stupid idiot?

No shit, retard. I was thinking more like one of his Marshals becomes black or asian. The word escaped me at the time of posting.

what the fuck are you even trying to say here? Enjoy your black queen of england or black lancelot lmao.

>I hope you're shitposting
this mong is the one who said china was a roman colony

>sperging out over the word colony despite it having been the agree upon term for Roman provinces for 150 years

I posted my source. You can go suck dick if you talk about Rome but don't know Syme. The Empire was inherently multi-racial and so was it's capital. And so was the Parthian Empire that extended into central Asia.
Rome had trade relations with China and Parthia and there are scholars assuming that the Seres were Chinese and sent an embassy to Rome. Is it likely to meet a Chinese looking guy in 50BC in Rome? No. Is it possible? Yes, for the reasons stated above.

And now shut the fuck up about the BBC and read a book.

I never said that. Stop grasping for straws pleb. I responded to the implicit claim of Imperial Rome being a ethnic homogeneous city (which it wasn't).

>The Empire was inherently multi-racial and so was it's capital.
>In 50 BC

What? The Turkics were spreading out into central Asia by the 4th century, with the first big state (Gokturks) popping up in the mid-6th. But yes during the late Republic/early Empire it would have been Sarmatians/Scythians there.

I honestly just think he's an extra and it wasn't intentional

Why did they even give him a hat that looks like an average rice farmer's hat at first glance

>The Empire was inherently multi-racial and so was it's capital.

This is completely correct.

By 50BC Rome had already conquered Spain, Gaul, and North Africa. At the very least traders from those provinces would be present in Rome.

Rome populates it's provinces with Italians, but there are not that many Italians. Even before the start of the show, Italians already formed a minority of the population, but citizenship was still restricted to Italian born/Italian heritage.

Yes it was multiracial but the thread is about having chinamen in ancient Rome, come on dude.

Rome and India traded heavily. More than 200+ ships would leave for India and come back every year or so.

There were like a handful of Chinese and East Asian people in Rome in those days. Though it would be unlikely one just happened to be right there.

Like other people said, Rome knew China existed, China knew Rome existed.

Chinese silk was all the rage among upper class Romans. It's not implausible that some curious Chinese trader would travel all the way to Rome along the Silk Road, and eventually settle down in Rome. There might only be a handful, but the possibility of them existing is not ahistorical.

I mean, this guy appeared for a split second as a cameo, later on they have a scene with an Indian, who could have traveled from India trading spices.