Tried this on Veeky Forums, didn't get responses

Tried this on Veeky Forums, didn't get responses.

Let's try a play by mob playthrough of Pre-Dynastic Egypt. Game itself is a turned based, quasi-civilizationish strategy game, although very rooted in a specific time and place rather than a general human history. We try to guide what is initially a small tribe of hunter-gatherers from around Nekhen to local and then total dominance of Egypt in a historical timeframe. If the game is allowed, I wouldn't be asking for input on every single little decision, but would for major decisions, like what techs to research and what major strategies to pursue, but not like "Oh, let's farm A, B, and D tiles."

Other urls found in this thread:

kongregate.com/games/clarusvictoria/pre-civilization-stone-age
coolmath-games.com/0-pre-civilization-bronze-age
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do it faggot. Restore the Wewuz Kangdom and prevent the Hyperwar.

All right, let's do this.

First choice anons, difficulty.

We have 4 separate categories we can choose from, which make the game harder or easier, dpeending on which of 3 choices we make.

The first category, ancestors, has
>Creators, recommended for beginners, +30% production
>Warriors +10% soldier growth, +1 score
>Scholars (Historical) +2 score, -10% culture.

How did we get here?
>Resettlement -10% cost to workers and buildings
>Wandering (Historical) +1 score
>Survival +2 score, +10% cost to worker and buildings

Environment
>Land of Antelopes, high values to tiles
>Land of Elephants (historical), medium values to tiles, +1 point
>Poor ground, low values to tiles, +3 points.

What spirits live here

>Good spirits. Good events happen more frequently than bad ones, enemies 20% weaker
>Neutral spirits. Random events balanced +1 point
>Bad spirits. Bad events happen more frequently than good ones. +3 points.

Points do nothing except let you feel good about how hard of a game you won. Other resources will directly help you win.

Oh, and what do we want to call ourselves?

>Scholars (Historical) +2 score, -10% culture.
>Wandering (Historical) +1 score
>Land of Elephants (historical), medium values to tiles, +1 point
>Neutral spirits. Random events balanced +1 point

Scholars
Resettlement
Land of elephants
Neutral spirits

Name: Yakub

this game is super railroaded though

Well, yes, one of the reasons I considered it. Trying to do a more open ended game by vote gets very unmanageable very quickly.

So far, we have 2 votes for each of scholars, elephants, and neutral spirits, and 1 vote each for wandering and resettlement. I'll make an "official" call in 3 more minutes, and if it's still tied on that point, I'll roll a die for it.

there is not single game that has a fun/interesting or historical tribal mechanics.

this game any good? seen it on steam but never considered buying it.

scholars, elephants, neutral, and wandering

name WE'WUUZ

good for like 1 play through. get it on sale.

And the official results are in, we are going with a full historical setup, and as per the dice gods, we are (wuz) Yakub

We start off with a smallish tribe on the banks of a little stream. We have a current goal to get ourselves up from 1 worker to 3. Until we do, all hunting tiles are +1 food. Food is used to get more workers. However, the one tile we know about at the moment is only enough to feed the one worker and not increase. By turn 2, we can scout ahead, hopefully to a more fertile area.

Which we discover, finding an area that not only feeds its own worker, but produces some excess. That enables us to grow to 2 workers, which now means we finally have some strategic options. Do we want to

>Harvest the other tile and try to grow to three through that? (Will take 7 turns assuming no random events)
>Explore to the northwest, taking 3 turns
>Explore to the south, 2 turns
>Explore to the east, 2 turns.

Generally, exploring will give a one time infusion of some sort of resource, and will unlock a tile to be worked. It's semi-random what those tiles will have, and they might or might not be useful.

What'll it be, tribal elders?

We are not like TG who study the game mechanics in detail. Our success depends on how historically accurate the game is...

Follow the coast, if nothing better than harvest

Therefore we grow more food!

explore south

So far a 3 way tie among grow, explore northwest, explore south. I'll give another 3 minutes for a tiebreak, before rolling for an option.

is it possible for tiles to have bigger yields of food? if so then follow the coast

Yes and no. 2 is pretty good for an unimproved tile absent events.However,as we advance we'll be able to improve tiles into producing more.

If that's the cause I switch my vote To harvest

All right, officially harvest it is. By turn 5, the functions for production and culture start up. The original tile is now producing 1 hammer and 1 food. Production is used to construct 'buildings' which primarily improve tiles. Currently, howvever, we have no tech to do any such construction, but we can accumulate production for later projects.

We also get culture, which we use to get techs. Currently, we produce 1 a turn, and that's just from population, the more people we have, the more culture we get. Certain later tiles and improvements will let us build it directly.

Uneventfully skipping ahead to turn 9, we now have

2 population, 5 stored food, 4 stored production, and 4 culture, which allows us to research our first tech. Do we want

>Experimental breeding, +1 food a turn generated without workers
>Cult of the Falcon, +2 culture a turn generated without workers
>Domestication of the dog, it takes 1 fewer turn to explore an area.

>how historically accurate the game is
That's what we're going to establish with this thread.

Experimental breeding

falcon cult

domestication of the dog occurred long before agriculture

Falcon punch cult

1:1 split, I'll give another 3 minutes for tiebreaking.

By the way, in the event of a tie, do you guys want me to randomly determine which option to take, or do you want me to weigh in on what I think is the best of the available options?

We don't have agriculture yet. Primitive agriculture isn't even in this tier of techs.

Amending now to 2 for Falcon cult.

Sounds like a fun game. Are there any other ones like this?

spore...

or CIV 3

Falcon Cult it is. 2 turns later sees us getting the other tech (experimental breeding, which is really more "Hey, if we feed wild goats they hang around our camp"), and allowed us to grow into a third population point.

That gives us a 1 time boost of 5 food, makes us LOSE 1 food per hunting tile, and gives us a new mission.

Experimental farming is one of the 2nd tier of techs, but of course we might want their competition first. And with our third population point, we should put him to work. Do we want to scout east, south, or northwest?

As a side note, the 3 tier two techs cost 12 each, and are

>Cattle, +1 food per turn, no worker involvement necessary
>Experimental farming, does nothing immediately, but allows us to build fields of grain.
>Weaving. +1 production per turn.

Forgot picture like a dumbass.

didnt realize we were starting off this early,

weaving came before farming right?

post more pics dumbass. give us the flavor screens for new technology.

East, lets try to find some plains

I have no idea, to be quite honest.

All right.

Vote noted.

Skipping back a bit.
The same guy who made this has 3 previous titles I'm aware of, one for ultra stone age and pre-modern man, another for a mesopotamian city state, and one for a Greek city state.

The first two can be played online for free.
kongregate.com/games/clarusvictoria/pre-civilization-stone-age

coolmath-games.com/0-pre-civilization-bronze-age

Ok, with a vote of 1-0, we scout to the east, domesticate dogs, and scout a bit more.

We now get a new event, a temporary greening of the Sahara. For four turns, we'll have improved food output. We've also generated enough culture to research one of the following. Should we temporarily suspend exploration to take advantage of the food sources?

>Cattle, +1 food per turn, no worker involvement necessary
>Experimental farming, does nothing immediately, but allows us to build fields of grain.
>Weaving. +1 production per turn.

What will it be, tribal elders?

Weaving.

And whether to grow or to scout?

give screenshot of map

Holy shit fucking yakub already making white people.

Grow faggit. Avoid finding more possible invaders.

Just waiting for more votes. Currently, we have 1 vote for growing, and one for researching weaving. Reaching into the future a bit, we'll get this scripted event.

I'm going to vote for growing.

Egypt must grow larger.

>
this

Ok, we start growing, and we get this reaction from parties unknown. When the Sahara dries up again, I'll start out expeditions to find these rovers.

We also domesticated cattle, which I'll upload the pic next post.

ALong the way, we research Primitive Farming, which allows for the first bits of construction. Buildings require a worker to spend time laboring in construction, usually 2-5 turns. They will often create permanent bonuses to discovered tiles, and cost us hammers to produce. We start churning out our primitive farms ASAP. If you want me to expound on any particular building, let me know.

But this is our first field of grain, changing our gatherer generating 2 food, to a farmer generating 3.

Make friends with them
Build farms or shit that makes you growth

And our explorations have led us to interacting with the first new tribe. They don't like us, are weak, and have a high production.

We can

>Raid them,; this will cost us 2 food a turn, and take 5 turns to finish. It gives us a 90% chance of getting 28 production, and a 10% chance of losing 2 people.
>Give gifts, costs 3 hammers a turn for 5 turns, which will make them neutral and we can trade with them
>Subdue, takes 5 turns, 100% chance of success. -2 food a turn similar to the raid. WILL cost us one person. Removes the tribe from existence and we can start working their area. (Probably has production given their trade/raid stuff).

What's the tribe's stance on these foreigners?

Subdue.

This place isn't big enough for the two of us.

All right. We'll begin the subjugation campaign after we finish up our farms a la elder In the meantime though, we get an event. We have migrating animals. Do we hunt them for a short term food surplus, or ignore them for longer terms cultural advantages?

I iz dumb.

Hunt, gotta get big cmon

obviously hunt but I think the Saharra is drying up

Ok, we hunt for four turns, and will put the campaign on hold. We research primitive dwellings in order to capitalize on this food surplus, and will destroy the Small Storks after the animal sources dry up.

Ah crud. Something came up work-wise, I'm going to have to sign off, and not sure when I'll be able to get back on. I did enjoy doing this, but I think I might have to wait until a weekend, not just a "oh I'm sure nothing will actually happen on a slow day like this" day.

>working

Fuckibg faggot go Veeky Forums or go home.

I'm interested in picking this game up. Is it hard? Is it Historical? Is there freedom to move my society in different directions? What about Religion/gods? War?

>We don't have agriculture yet. Primitive agriculture isn't even in this tier of techs.
What the fuck? It's 5000 BC, there's animal husbandry, but no farming (invented 10000 BC) and no dogs (domesticated 20000 BC)?