Which is the best city in Europe to save a lot of money (in absolute terms) as fast as possible when the only money you...

Which is the best city in Europe to save a lot of money (in absolute terms) as fast as possible when the only money you want to spend is on housing and food and you save the rest?

Here are some nominees in need of assessment:
>Berlin
>Paris
>Oslo
>Basel
>Zürich
>Bratislava
>Copenhagen
>Luxembourg
>middle-sized east German city
>middle-sized south German city
>middle-sized Dutch city
>middle-sized Swiss city

southern or eastern europe, italy, spain, portugal, poland etc.

Why? Apparently wages are lower and unemployment high compared to Germany, Norway or Switzerland for example

>the only money you want to spend is on housing and food
Those things are the most expensive in the areas you listed

Although from experience I can tell you a small-middling town in Germany is not a bad shout at all, if you can find one that hasn't welcomed a few too many tanned Germans

I don't understand what you're asking? Those are all expensive areas.

Basically I'm asking for the area that has the highest difference between earning potential as a wage slave and cost of living.
Cities are expensive to live in but in return also offer higher earning potential. I didn't consider cities like London, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Munich specifically because you can earn a lot of money there but housing is too expensive to make it worth living there.
That's also why I asked about middle-sized cities. They still have a variety of jobs but are typically not as expensive as the cities every other 20-something wants to move to.

>if you can find one that hasn't welcomed a few too many tanned Germans
How about Rostock, Halle, Leipzig, Dresden or a small town near Berlin?

Germany countryside/smaller towns, big cities are too expensive. If you don't speak German though, don't even bother, else you'll have a hard time finding a job even in a fast food.

Oh, and avoid Eastern Germany, if possible.

Are you a moron OP?

Like others already said, those areas are expensive as fuck, you will be paying 4 times for an apartment there than you would in southern europe.

The trick is live in a cheap country / city and work remote for USA or other "expensive" country. That way you can save tons while spending almost nothing.

But if you cant find remote work then at least go live to a village in middle of nothing, not in the top capitals of europe

As a half spanish half polish who lived some time in the UK, I can only give you serious advice about these three...

If you are cappable of doing a well paid job go to the UK. They pay well, and if you know how to save money you'll make it. I lived in the most expensive city of th UK (Brighton), and I managed to save a lot of money.

Scratch Spain, nice and friendly country to live but it's slightly cheaper than UK and they pay shit IF you manage to even find a job unless you're a big deal.

Poland is very cheap but the salary is shit. Actually Poland is my favourite country and I'll move there in the future. You'll save a ton of money if you manage to find a well paid job, like some engineering.
Like some user said, if can work remotely from USA and you can make even a shit money (USA standars) go to Poland. If you think it will be hard for you to find a serious job, don't.

there are plenty of nice places in eastern europe. just find one of those charts that show you where the highest population of mudslimes is and find anywhere they arent

>I lived in the most expensive city of th UK (Brighton)
Lmao

What about Milan, Italy, lads?

The best country in Europe for pretty much everything is Malta.

elaborate pls

Don't fall for the German meme, all they did was sell themselves extremely well, but their economic problems and recent scandals are what reality is made of.
I suggest Northern European countries which have the greatest quality of life.
Dublin, Milan or middle-sized towns in Northern Italy are not a bad shout either.

None of the places you listed are cheap to live in.

If you want cheap housing and food without compromising on quality of life, you need to go to an EE state. Bulgaria is a great choice.

as a robotics engineer who worked in the uk i can assure you, they pay very poorly and quality of life isnt good.
italy was good with a better balance life but the us is even better

>Dublin, Milan or middle-sized towns in Northern Italy are not a bad shout either.
Isn´t it almost impossible to find jobs there anyway?

people have been saying that shit for over a decade now, and yet people everywhere manage to find work and make a living, including immigrants

the truth is that millennials dont want to work. They want "careers" where its some idealized identity that doesnt actually exist.

Anyway, if you can't see yourself securing a job easily, you really have no business attempting to move to a different country.

Yeah I figured that. Sad that my university education left me with few skills.

Its never too late to get skilled up, surely you have technical colleges/tertiary adult education near where you live? probably could even get it on the government's dime.

I'd rather learn everything online for free. I really don't want to go to school yet again.

Of course if one can work remotely, it's best to just live in a cheap place like Bulgaria instead of Zürich.
What I am actually asking is, if you consider the wages, taxes and cost of living, which place would allow you to save the most?

For example if you live in Munich and earn 2200 Euro after taxes but lose 800 on rent and 250 on food, you are left with 1150 for savings (about 50%).
If you live in Zürich and earn 3500 Euro you might pay 2000 on rent and food but would still be left with 1500 Euro for savings (about 43%) so Zürich would be the better option.
The percentage of the savings doesn't matter, only the absolute value of the savings made by working a location-bound job.

I would recommend Switzerland as well.
Both Switzerland and Germany give you excellent purchasing power but saving 20% of your salary in Switzerland you will end up with more than with 20% in Germoney.

>Switzerland
>Norway
>Luxembourg

>Saving money
Kek

Bratislava is your best bet.

If he really wanted to save money he'd get a job in vienna and live in Bratislava.

Isn't that place ran by the mafia though?

What the hell can somebody do in Bratislava though