Hey anons... just logged into my bittrex. My account was compromised and I lost like 4000$

Hey anons... just logged into my bittrex. My account was compromised and I lost like 4000$.

Probably the most heartbreaking moment of my life. I was having so much fun trading.

Please don't make my mistake and store your stuff offline or take many security measures.

Other urls found in this thread:

steemit.com/phising/@clayop/phishing-alert-don-t-click-google-ad-link-with-bittrex
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So they stole your XRP?

They did you a favor.

2fa authentication nigga

kek, I never had XRP. It's what they used to trade off all my money.

You'll never catch me without it now. This is me telling anons like me without it that it's a must have. I thought I was careful enough.

You're a dumbfuck for taking it up after the fact, you deserved this

Hope this expensive lesson was worth it, idiot

relax? you don't think I realize this all?

Did you get phished? Did you use a shitty password? How did you get compromised?

>Didn't take 2 seconds to turn on 2FA
Wew lad, you really did deserve it. People warn about this all the time, and I'm sure you saw the warnings at some point.

good password, and I am extremely careful online. Not entirely sure how it happened.
Yes, I am extremely regretful, and I'm sure you can imagine I feel as bad as I should.

i think you should switch to the 30 min crest whitening strips before your asshole is permanently damaged. the 20 min strips are too strong, seriously.

everytime this thread is posted OP eventually confesses that he downloaded an artbitrage bot or some shit.

Probably you visited some site that looked exactly like Bittrex and entered your credentials there

Otherwise, it's close to impossible to "guess" your email and password

Are you ok OP? Don't kill yourself or nothing.

>downloading ANYTHING binary for crypto things
>not being aware of crypters that circumvent antivirus scans
HAHAHAHA

OP, was that your case?

No, I'm fine. I had only started with 70$ and made it to where I was. I'll be ok. I will probably deposit more when I return from holiday and start anew.
I honestly wish I knew how I brought this upon myself.

did you download that shitty Magacoin scam that's being shilled on Veeky Forums?

If you didn't download anything AT ALL (which I find unlikely, because most newfags download at least something), and did not use the same email and password anywhere else on crypto-related sites, then you simply came across a fake, phishing version of Bittrex.com some day and logged in

2fa nigga

you had to have done something because these things don't just happen, an explanation that's only valid in case of unwanted pregnancies

if I did, I'm unaware of it. My girlfriend rarely uses my computer and she's pretty tech-savvy herself

of course not.
possibly.

Magacoin source and binaries is clean nigga

>an explanation that's only valid in case of unwanted pregnancies
It isn't valid there either. Why would you be fucking any girl without a condom, unless you're married to her?

>Why would you be fucking any girl without a condom
I found a wizard!

was your password reset as it was happening? if so, they may have gotten your mail/pw combo so nothing to do with the exchange

I creampie all my conquests using a pseudonym; condoms a shit

You're lucky you're getting a holiday.

I don't get it, Bittrex sends you an email when you are about to withdraw something. Did you turn off that option ?

As you can see no withdraws were involved.

No, I've fucked plenty of whores, but I'm not stupid enough to put my dick where Jamal's AIDS-infested dick was 2 days ago without putting something in between.

Bittrex also sends you an email every time you login by default

Also, any browser plugins for crypto things are also a potential source of theft

>TFW this isn't a concern with stocks

Stay cucked cryptotards

i want a dark themed bittrex, is this even possible without getting hacked?

>Doesn't use 2FA

/thread

Ah, the bi-monthly Veeky Forums thread about this ongoing Bittrex scam, with people attacking OP for no reason.

Friendly reminder threads about "hacks" on Bittrex accounts with a low thousands dollar vlaue without 2FA (and only Bittrex accounts) pop up regularly on Veeky Forums and bitcointalk. This has been happening for months, at this point it is essentially guaranteed there's an employee siphoning funds or criminal incompetence on the part of the EXCHANGE, not the users (dumb as they may be for leaving out 2FA).

Sorry for your loss OP. If I were you, I'd hunt down other victims and consider a class action lawsuit. The odds are strongly against Bittrex being innocent.

If this is, hypothetically, done by a Bittrex insider, then 2FA is not going to help you at all

Alright, well that's some kind of consolation. If anyone here knows anyone who suffered the same thing, go ahead and get in touch with me.

It's worth discussing, if true.

Targeting accounts without 2FA leaves plausible deniability for an inside job.

It's either that, or a security leak specific to Bittrex unplugged for months despite numerous reports and complaints. Poloniex doesn't have this problem. Even Yobit doesn't have this problem!

>stocks
perhaps there's low bar of entry to stocks in clapistan but in my declaratively postcommunist country the fees are unbelievably high, taxes on gains even higher and we have access only to local shity stocks; ironically, there's no tax on crypto

There's also a huge possibility of phishing. There was a well-known and documented case of a phishing version of Bittrex bypassing Google Adwords review and popping on the main page:
steemit.com/phising/@clayop/phishing-alert-don-t-click-google-ad-link-with-bittrex

When you go to that link and log in, your credentials get automatically stolen.

One can get to that site in multiple ways, i.e. when someone post the link in a chatroom or as an ad on a random website. I still think it is the most plausible, realistic version. The site is blttrex.com (btw, OP, do you have it in your browser history? Check.)

not here on my work computer. I'll check once I'm home. I doubt it though. I have the actual site bookmarked.

If you don't use the private mode, I recommend you do a thorough audit of your browser history for months back. Anything crypto-related. Maybe the culprit is there.

Never use private mode, and I plan ondoing just that. If I find anything, I'll consider making another thread.

The private mode doesn't protect you from anything at all, the browser just doesn't record history. If your full history is in place, you might find something there.

I am saying I do indeed have my full history, and plan on checking it.

start a mega thread on bitcointalk

Before I do something like that, I would want to find someone who has experienced the same thing. I don't want to appear be the lone guy that got fucked is looking to complain.

Why am I keking so hard at this? Why is this even funny?

Then how did you lose your money ?

Honestly I'm starting to think that these threads are scams. They all have the same layout. Yet people still recommend bittrex to newcomers.