Who was the historical Jesus really? The savior of mankind, a wisdom preacher, or an apocalyptic prophet? Who was he...

Who was the historical Jesus really? The savior of mankind, a wisdom preacher, or an apocalyptic prophet? Who was he? What was he trying to do?

Isa (pbuh) (not Jesus) was send by Allah but his vision was distort by the Christians

Fuck your retarded Islamic bullshit.

no way to know. this topic always almost pure speculation.

Whether or not he was the son of God he was a great man and I deeply respect him.

at least I'm not like the jews who hate Isa but you don't care

we consider Isa to be a prophet like Muhammad (pbuh)

I know and your prophet Muhammad was a pedophile warlord bitch. Fuck him.

Why? He was basically that hobo down the street yelling repent, for the end is near!

Because he brought good ideas like compassion and forgiveness to people.

>pedophile warlord
>either of those bad

Those aren't new ideas and most of his followers don't practice those parts anyway.

He was a religious/political dissident who was executed by the authorities in Roman Judaea for stirring shit up.

>>no way to know
Stop this. Everyone who isn't born into a given religion knows that the claims of various faiths are silly superstition mixed in with some common-sense morals at best.

mm edgy

kys

I'm halfway convinced by that iranian guys zealot theory

A nice Jewish boy.

Who most Jews hated because of his, then considered, heresy for using the words, I AM. Basically, he pulled a Descartes while performing overly charitable acts and was deemed a false prophet by the Pharisees.

may not have even been a real person
there's not much consensus

The modern consensus by secular and some non-secular scholars is that Jesus was most certainly a man who preached apocalyptic message. This consensus was grounded during the 1980's at the beginning of the already present 3rd Quest for the historical Jesus.

Though I believe in the former, it is also reasonable to believe that Jesus was more than just an apocalyptic preacher. Jesus' narrative especially reflect historical biographies of Greco-Roman style. Jesus in the gospel is very much jewish and had a clear understanding of 2nd temple thought and ideologies. Yet at the same time, the uniqueness of the Son of Man on Jesus' lips lends credible evidence that he believed himself to be the heavenly figure of Daniel 7 (aka God at the right-hand side of the Ancient of Days).

The Everlasting Man

those were not common ideas in in 30AD you dip

>morals
>common sense