Hardcore History // Dan Carlin

What will he fuck up next?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x79MW1gWtJ8&
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hopefully the Crusades

Ah-gain and Ah-gain and Ah-gain

Mongols > Prophets of Doom > Punic > Rome > Blueprint > Missile Crisis > Logical Insanity > King of Kings > Ostfront > Other Blitz's > >>>> Other single episodes >>>>>>>>> Thor's Angels

this man is fucking r'ddit incarnate.

I think he should do a 3 part series on the Wars of the Roses, majoring on how that period thrust military technology forward.

Do you guys really dont like him or is it just a contrarian thing?

Just started with the WW1 podcast and he talked for 30minutes about the bloody tunic of Franz Ferinand after he was shot.
Does he always load his deliverance of facts with so much emotion and subjective contextualization?

His podcasts have a lot of historical inaccuracies. A guy on Reddit made a thread once where he found like 20 inaccuracies in the first few minutes. Granted, he probably gets the big picture correct, and most people listening don't need more than that.

Having said that, he's a nice guy, and the people on Veeky Forums that hate him are probably jealous fags that can't even get their own moms to listen to them talk, never mind a global audience.

Shit taste bordering on triggering.

>His podcasts have a lot of historical inaccuracies. A guy on Reddit made a thread once where he found like 20 inaccuracies in the first few minutes. Granted, he probably gets the big picture correct, and most people listening don't need more than that.

I agree, a lot of what he says I would argue with, but his show is based upon Narratives, it is excellently presented.

For people that don't know him:

youtube.com/watch?v=x79MW1gWtJ8&

Contrarian. It's popular so people go out of their way to find fault in it.

Can someone post the MEGA link with all his podcasts?

There's probably still a torrent on TPB.

>Quote unquote

>Now I want you to just... IMAGINE... A stadium full of people...

ITT: autists who can't even order a burged at McDonalds with stuttering and panicking, mock someone else's speaking style.

Funny since he was contrarian in 2009-2012

AKA he uses facts I don't like

Every single history textbook has millions of historical inaccuracies in it.

The question is if they are meaningful of purposeful lies.

it's a shame how things turned out for that proud little state

its neighbors don't deserve the land they stole

Start shit, get hit. Twice.
They got off too lightly if you ask me.

Germany being at fault for the first world war is a vengeful french fabrication

peace would have been better served with that little hotheaded pentagon being broken up

>kick a regional war into overdrive by invading a neutral country and raping the shit out of it, as part of a surprise attack on another country, while knowing full well yet another country would come to the aid of the other two countries

war is hell, if you delve into the unthinkable as proudly as any other, then you can't lay blame for its path.

>can't lay the blame
>one country litterally rapes the shit out of another for no reason

Fuck off

have you only read newspaper accounts from the era?

it sure sounds like it

So you're saying Germany didn't rape and pillage it's way across Belgium?

I'm saying you're basically a propaganda piece

probably actually think the germans crucified a canadian soldier as well

>the rape of Belgium didn't happen
>just a scrap of paper lol

I wonder who could be behind this post

I bet you believe in the holocaust as well

unlike the hysteria regarding Belgium, that does indeed have credible sources that support its having taken place

>le russia had one rifle per 3 soldiers myth

Lost my shit there.

>Granted, he probably gets the big picture correct, and most people listening don't need more than that.
He also gets people more interested in history and going off to do their own reading which is pretty cool desu. I mean everyone knows most people don't give a shit about history, but Dan Carlin makes it interesting for people.

All those faggots hating are just contrarian.
You shouldnt use his stuff as perfectly accurate scientific stuff, but as a medium to be entertained.
Dont view it as a history lecture when its basically a somewhat accurate hollywood blockbuster.

>Implying Germans even know what goes where
I'm pretty sure they've been growing clones in petri dishes for the past 500 or so years. Human biodiversity is incompatible with German sensibilities.

>Dont view it as a history lecture when its basically a somewhat accurate hollywood blockbuster.
Yeah, I've only listened to his WWI series and didn't like it because he was being very melodramatic about events I am familiar with and know the outcome of. I also kind of got the sense that listening to Carlin would be like listening to American right-wing radio - not because of the politics, but because of the melodrama and the emotion he puts in to everything.

>He was fifteen years old, and had ruled the empire... for ten minutes.