What are the odds of rising from working class to upper middle class in America?

What are the odds of rising from working class to upper middle class in America?

slim to none

requires innovation

Pretty good. Say what you will about the US, but social mobility is entirely possible here.

Higher than nearly anywhere else in the world. Get working instead of asking about chances.

You will get there if you're intelligent and motivated. It will be hard to do as a wage slave unless you have a STEM degree.

doctors and engineers are only middle class in 2017 so basically 0 unless you get lucky with a startup.

all the value you produce is sucked up by the oligarchs and government.

t. trustfund babbys and boomers

the odds of one person? pretty much none
but one person might be able to scooch their way close to middle-upper class, and put their kids in a better position so that possibly, if they arent complete fuck ups, can become at or near upper class levels

Nah, I'm a poor NEET. I know that if I actually applied myself I could become upper class though

R9K is that way

OP, don't ask this question to a bunch of losers on this site, lmao. not gonna get good responses here

>rising from working class to upper middle class

whats the difference? does the upper middle class not work?

In that case you can become upper middle class by getting welfare and living a comfy life with no job.

Negative. You're more likely to start in the upper class and slide out than start outside and climb up into it.

slim to none

yeesh caitlyn jenner's hormone therapy is taking it's toll

I know plumbers and FedEx drivers that have retired as millionaires. Even a wageslave can do it.

>in4b some delusional faggot insists a net worth of less than some small countries only counts as "middle class" in America because 1% of jews are richer

There's really no objective income level to be considered upper middle class, but most people agree that the cutoff starts anywhere from $100,000-$200,000 for an individual's. Obviously that goes up if you consider household income. Working class (let's say this is around lower middle class) starts at around $30,000.
If you live in a high population area and have in demand skills (trades, advanced IT, sales, consulting, etc.), then $100,000 is certainly achievable by anyone with the smarts and drive to get there. It may take some time and luck, but in my experience there's actually a huge shortage of SKILLED workers in a lot of decent-paying fields. Job postings for mid-level positions stay up for months in my city.

Also, I work in personal finance advising and can tell you that people in this income range are usually the most burdened by consumer debt. How much money you make is irrelevant is your net worth is negative.

>work a literal shit job
>retire are 65
>net worth 1 million dollars woohoo

Maybe 40 years ago that would be an accomplishment

It's entirely possible. Most of my family came from Eastern Europe to America in the 70's. All of them worked hard and now have businesses's with employees, big houses, and millions in investments. You just have to work, hard.

It's easily doable but most are too dumb to live within their means and thus can't ever get out of debt to begin saving let alone investing. NEETs have the upper hand in ascending because they aren't starting off 100k in the hole.

Upper middle? 100k is considered top 10% (Excluding NYC & SF). Get a trade or professional degree.

Just over 50% chance of multiplying your money by a factor of 6 if you use portfolio margin.

So you should aim to beat those odds making sane financial decisions.

lol very good? it takes like no effort to be upper middle class
just finish school and dont be socially autistic.

not that hard. My family had shit jobs.

I went to college and became a software developer

Couple years later I bought two houses for cheap during the market crash.

I get a $5k per month from renting out the houses. Not enough to buy anything crazy, but more than enough to get by.

I opened up my own software agency, but only work 30 hours per month.

>STEM degree
Not really, unless its a professional degree. Most STEM degrees will give you basically fuck all

this. It's exactly how I did it.

Capitalism is tapped out. Every industry has been tapped and every resource has been exploited. Now that the host is dying so to will the capitalist parasites.