Is Russia the last empire?

Is Russia the last empire?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Shimonoseki
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Mariana_Islands
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

An Empire is when a Nation rules on other Nations, and these Nations don't have a legal option for secession. So, yes.

what about USA?

Nope.

If you noticed Russia still having much of its imperial possessions it's not alone. There is China, which is the child of the old Empire. There's India, which is descended from Mughal, Maratha, and Raj memes of a unified subcontinent. The USA could be considered another still-standing empire too considering it has expanded from the meme 13 Colonies and remained that way.

In Europe, you could consider Spain, UK, and Germany (states founded from a union of component kingdoms and states) as surviving empires as well.

Really, for much of their accomplishments, the Colonial Powers of Europe built really short lived empires due to both geography and the fact that they never included the peripheries in the core identity. An Indian was never truly a British subject and was considered apart, not like some Tatar Cunt in the Russian Empire, nor a Mongol Auxiliary in the Chinese Empire, since they cared more for your allegiance than your race.

Countries that still have an empire (i.e ruling over a foreign culture, having overseas territories etc)
China
India
Iran
Britain (yes, it's pitiful but they still have thousands of islands across the world)
France has an informal empire, arguably controls most of their old African colonies, minus algeria and morocco and tunisia)
America also has an informal empire in that most of the world does everything they tell them to and they have bases in nearly every country in the world
Russia

also I suppose the Islamic State could be considered an empire

Japan is the only country that still has an Emperor as the head of state.

Bulgaria had it's former emperor as prime minister.

top fucking kek

>France has an informal empire, arguably controls most of their old African colonies, minus algeria and morocco and tunisia)
>this frog delusion

Japan's emperor is only an emperor for religious reasons. The brief empire Japan had was a complete shitstorm.

But they do. West Africa is in the French sphere of influence.
And I'm not French, I'm British. I wish we had as much influence over our old African lands as france does

You took the money, they took their women.

We took souls.
T.Greek

America and virtually every western European nation are still basically empires that have economic and cultural control of the rest of the world.

China is the obvious answer.

Russia and China.

A map of what China/Russia really is.

USA is not an empire, or if it was it would be the most bitch tier empire in history.

>conquer a country
>leave after 5 years voluntarily
>never annex anyone after the Spanish war

>every western European nation
>controlling the world
Nigger are you on drugs

as an australian I sometimes feel like the number of chinese here that they are window shopping my great nation

at least my uni.

>Caucasia
>Russia Proper

>China proper includes Taiwan

I didn't say which China

Max power China would also include Vietnam and Outer Mongolia. [spoiler]And Singapore.[/spoiler]

Max power China would include everything under the heaven, everything in the universe.

This isn't a max power China thread, though.

A lot of the land that Russia currently owns would also be China's again if you want it to be at it's max size.

And all those disputed regions.

Would all that extra land make China the biggest country on Earth?

Will China ever reverse that unequal treaty?

you typed that opinion on an American internet board.

We control the empire of information.

Not until they recapture Taiwan.

Still smaller than Russia but China would be thicc

Is algeria an empire ? They didn't control that much of the sahara before the french colonisation.
Are algerian technicaly ruling over tuareg ?

Korea should be included too. They were under Qing rule up until the 1890s. The japs forced Qing to give up Korea/Taiwan.

They were a vassal to Qing, not an actual part of it's territory.

China controlled some parts of north Korea during the Han dynasty. It wasn't a part of Qing China.

They also ruled over Korea during the Yuan dynasty but you could argue that's the Mongols and not China.

The Chinese, Mongols, Japanese and now the Americans. Why is Korea so cucked?

Stop stretching the definition of empire, faggot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Shimonoseki

The treaty is one that specifically states Korea is an independent country from Qing. Before this treaty, Korea was under Qing, whether you want to call it a tributary or suzerainty, it was under Qing rule.

I would still count them as Chinese since China was their base of operations.

>Iran
I always forget that Iran is a collection of Iranic peoples and some Turkics.

Calling it Persia really does it disservice.

Manchuria is barely a thing nowadays considering how the Qingz n shied assimilated their ass into Chinese culture.

There's a reason why they're just called Dongbei (literally: Northeast) instead of, I dunno, "Manchu SAR."

You mean "Autonomous Region", not "SAR".

Considering all of those countries control the resources of their former colonies and their word is law there... Yes.

Oh yeah, that's just Hong Kong and their autism.

Macau too but they put up less of a fuss because of their gambling addiction.

>Considering all of those countries control the resources of their former colonies and their word is law there
I'm pretty sure we barely give a shit about Spain here in the Philippines.

Because amerifats brainwashed your minds.

Russia would be fucked if it ever lost Siberia.

Why?

Mongolia taking back Siberia would be hilarious.

Siberia makes up the bulk of Russia's territory and it's full of natural resources.

Do the Japanese have any resentment towards the Emperor like some brits do with the Royal Family?

The Japanese aren't a monolith. Most love and admire him but of course some think he's a load of crap for claiming descent from a sun goddess.

Some Japs are into eating shit. Some japs are in romantic relationship with Chinese. Some japs love America. Some japs hate america. Some japs hate Emperor. Some japs love Emperor.

Some people got mad at the Emperor when he said he had some distant Korean ancestry.

>people in the phillipines don't care about Spain
>90% of the people have Spanish last names
>most people can speak Spanish
Lmao

Apparently historians aren't allowed to confirm this by checking out the ancestry records because it will cause a national shitstorm.

That would be Israel

No, it will be the Xiongnu 2.0

>tfw my country doesn't have Balkan/East Asia tier feuds with its neighbors

I feel like I'm missing out

Where do you live?

>USA is not an empire
sure it is

They're mad that the Emperor might have a Korean grandmother from 1000 years ago because this would taint the pure Yamato bloodline.

Italy

no it isn't

great argument family

Italy should stir up some trouble and make some enemies. Then you can have drama.

>never annex anyone after the Spanish war
Say it again, bitch
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Mariana_Islands

Sorry mate. The only west European countries that have clout in their former colonies are France and U.K.

Well I guess there are no set standards for wealth or size so even though Russia is rather poor and nobody respects it I guess we could call it that. But what about China? It also rules over other nations who have no state for themselves. And India too.