How big was the % chance for a German soldier from 1939 to be alive and not maimed by the 1945

How big was the % chance for a German soldier from 1939 to be alive and not maimed by the 1945.
It's kind of horrible to think that all those young men who you see in Polish and French Campaigns to die horribly in some frozen shithole in Russia.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Higher than that for the russian.

>It's kind of horrible to think that all those young men who you see in Polish and French Campaigns to die horribly in some frozen shithole in Russia.
Fuck off. They shouldn't have acted like mindless brutes for muh clay. Russia was a fitting grave for them.

>>>/l/eftypol

t. Vladimir

sometimes i feel sorry for german soldiers but then remember the circumstances under which the war started and the death camps thing and stuff

fuck em

>to be alive and not maimed by the 1945
And now take into account all of the soldiers who died as POWs in the Soviet union after the war.

And it's not horrible to think that innocent Jews and Slavs were murdered by them? Clean Wehrmacht is a myth. Many of these young men committed war crimes.

>Slavs
Stop using that word.

Why?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavs

Isn't this a neutral term for Slavic people?

I
I>
I3
I

unironically good post
Germans can't complain about the consequences of the wars they started

He's right though. Hitler didn't target "Slavs" per se, he targeted Poles and Soviets. There were many Slavic nations he allied with.

It's like saying "Germanics" when referring exclusively to Norwegians.

he allied with those other slavic nations because of realpolitik. He also gave the Finns and Japs a "honorary aryan" title because of realpolitik

Him being allied with Romania, Bulgaria and Slovakia etc. doesn't mean he didn't see slavs as subhumans

Slavs=/=Russians
He just hated Russians because they're literally white niggers.

This. They started shit and they got hit.

>because they're literally white niggers.
And why is that?

Romania isn't Slavic, b-baka!!!

>It's kind of horrible to think that all those young men who you see in Polish and French Campaigns to die horribly in some frozen shithole in Russia.

You mean, when they attacked their ally that wasn't planning them any ill will?

Yeah, no, they were cunts that deserved everything they got. And Christ knows, their women and children got far worse than they ever did when the Red Army marched on Germany.

Something you might find interesting but the battle of france - famed for how quick it was had about 500K casulties overall

the ones who were left in France perhaps?

There were probably "only" about a million of them. When you consider how many Wehrmacht personnel landed up in PoW camps (the Brits took more prisoners than the Soviets did, despite a massively lower scale of combat, nevermind the Americans and the French). Still pretty bad, but if you were fated to die on the eastern front, ti was far more likely to just be shot or blown up by artillery than you were to die as a soviet prisoner.

Mongol genes

>Soldiers are responsible for their government's choices

Germans frequently left grafitti in the eastern front reading 'We didn't ask for this war' and how they wished they never enlisted. This was also seen in letters. Stop holding the fucking grunts accountable for the higher up's evil.

That's like throwing rocks at slaves for working for slave owners.

My grandpa spent the first half year of his war occupying eastern Poland, then he lost his arm from an infected wound a few months into Operation Barbarossa, and was then transferred to some cozy hospital for another half year or so. I'm amazed they care for him that long. Today he would have been sent home a week after the surgery.

Yeah, but only maybe 15% or so of those were killed. To put that into perspective, the Wehrmacht lost more than one hounded thousand killed in action every month starting in summer 1944. There about as many German soldiers killed in January 1945 as there were overall casualties on both sides during the entire Battle of France.

German letters are full of "Sieg Heil, death to subhuman swine" during the first months of Barbarossa. Rabid nationalism and racism were extremely common and while few people were happy about the war, most subscribed to the Nazi ideology to a degree modern people would find extremely uncomfortable, and there was never a lack of Wehrmacht volunteers for war crime operations.

The problem is there are no statistics for how common this view was, and it also falls into the debate of whether it's morally right to wish death on those who have been indoctrinated.

I'm saying the deeds of the government were aligned with the ideals of the soldiers to a reasonably large degree.

I wonder how many of them POOPED in their PANTS??????

too many amphetamines to poo

t. Schlmo Schulmburger Rothstein

>die horribly in some frozen shithole in Russia

Not enough of them died is what you mean.

hello /leftypol/

>innocent
>Jews

My german friend had a grand grand grandfather veteran who fought in Poland, France, Yugoslavia, Greece and Russia all the way back to Germany.
He survived all that shitstorm til 2006 and how my friend told me that he didn't regret one second of it and would do it second time and even die just for his country.

Pretty cool person tbqh.

Pick your redditard shithole and stay there

>Wehrmacht volunteers from 1940 are the same as slaves

user I...

>Enlists in army
>have great time fightning and looting Czechia, Poland and France
>war with USSR starts
>start losing
>I never asked for this, it was ze orders!