On Yasuke's Wikipedia page

>On Yasuke's Wikipedia page.
>"Black people were not discriminated against in Japan at this time; they were even admired, for the Buddha was often portrayed in black in Japanese temples.[13]"
>Source: Fujita, Midori (2005). アフリカ「発見」日本におけるアフリカ像の変遷 [Discover Africa―History of African image in Japan (World History series)] (in Japanese). Iwanami Shoten. ISBN 978-4000268530.

It was added recently, which is why I believe it's just something that's been cooked up to fit the wewuz message.
Sounds like bullshit considering that Japan have barely interacted with black people outside of the Jesuit slaves before the Meiji era. But since I dont speak Japanese I can't discredit the source.
Anyone willing to look into this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Evola
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate
books.google.com/books?id=-I6owJcCOdwC&pg=PA37&dq=japan portuguese black&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUkMPW5e3TAhVV7GMKHfTADDkQ6AEIKTAD#v=onepage&q=japan portuguese black&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wikipedia isn't credible. Not in the meme "hurr durr anyone can edit it" way, but in Wikipedia has an agenda and they change things to fit it. The same with Google.
Cultural Marxism used to be a "real" thing back in 2015 on Wiki, now it's considered a "conspiracy theory" if I'm correct.
One of the ((Globalists)) aims of today is to diversify Japan, something we in the West don't really hear about, Japan is like the UK was back in the 90's at the moment.

When there's like 1 black guy for every million people it would probably make sense for them to be treated as a novelty at the very least.

Well that's a given. Even if you're white and visit China for example in this day and age, people will still want pictures with you.

I'm more questioning whether African slaves were depicted in Japanese buddhism and admired.
Especially considering people like Akechi Mitsuhide himself called Yasuke a beast.

Wikipedia is a fucking joke.

wikipedia is the only reason I know about indo-europeans

Whose fault is it that you're stupid?

you're stupid

/thread

Yasuke was only around because Nobunaga was a westaboo who liked oddities (of which Yasuke was). As soon as Nobunaga died Mitsuhide had his ass shipped back to Europe pretty much calling him a dumb nigger ape.

So yeah of course it's bullshit.

Apparently the Julius Evola page has gone to complete shit and has been used to make him into the arch-fascist worse-than-Hitler racist and then tries to tie him to the alt-right.

>Julius Evola
>Oh how bad could it-
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Evola

Jesus FUCKING Christ this is a shitshow.

>Japan is like the UK was back in the 90's at the moment.

What's with posts containing "cultural marxism" being filled with retarded statements?

>Mitsuhide had his ass shipped back to Europe pretty much calling him a dumb nigger ape.
Isn't that more because Mitsuhide was firmly against Oda and he didn't think it was wise to keep his retainer around with him?

>Evola was the "chief ideologue" of Italy's terrorist radical right after World War II.[7] He continues to influence contemporary neofascist movements,[7][8][9][10] as well Steve Bannon, a leader of the Alt-Right movement.[4][10]

>Evola also advocated domination and rape as a component of his proposed sexual magic practices; this misogynist outlook stemmed from his extreme right views on gender roles, which demanded absolute submission from women.[11][12][5][13]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I think the passage meant that the statues of the Buddha were made of a black material or painted the color black, and not made to resemble an African.

>Cultural Marxism used to be a "real" thing back in 2015 on Wiki
No it wasn't, it had its own page but got transferred into the Frankfurt school.

This shit reads like a HuffPost article.

>as well Steve Bannon, a leader of the Alt-Right movement.[4][10]
I love how 4 and 10 are the same guy, saying the same thing.
Literally the whole page now is
>FASCIST NAZI NAZI FASCIST FASCIST FASCIST NAZI NAZI NAZI EVIL EVIL NAZI DON'T READ THIS GUY HE'S EVIL NAZI FASCIST STILL NOT DISCOURAGED? NAZI FASCIST DID WE SAY NAZI?

>They asked Akechi himself what to do with him. Akechi said that the black man was a beast and did not know anything, and furthermore, he was not Japanese, so they should not kill him but take him to the nanban-dera or nanban-ji (南蛮寺, literally the temple of the southern barbarians, how the Japanese referred to the Jesuit church).

No, had nothing at all to do with Nobunaga.

Yes, it got transferred there under the heading of being a conspiracy theory. Once GOOBERGAY started a lot of lefty autists pretty much went and took over the site doing everything they could to stamp out anything that reeked of right-wing thought.

>foreigners were not discriminated against in a certain place at a certain time
>Is it true?
Protip: the answer is always 'no'. Human psychology is hardwired for kin selection and it takes a considerable cultural effort to even just minimize the instinct.

>Once GOOBERGAY started
The fuck is goobergay supposed to be?

>Japan is like the UK was back in the 90's

>Japan is like the UK was back in the 90's at the moment
More like the 70s, or even earlier. Britain in the 90s was already full of fucking asians.

""Asians""

Brits call everyone short of ssa 'asians'. I mean, technically they're right, the middle east and south asia are in asia, so they're asians.

Fucking Americans

G*merG*te

>easy access to vague info
>you can then do your own research to fact-check
>"ITS BAD XD"

Most of the stuff you read in wikipedia will be true to an extent

The Wikipedia being shit thing isn't even necessarily just with hot button political topics, a lot of history articles suffer from it too

For example, the article on the Equestrian Statue of Marcus Aurelius claims something to the effect of "iconoclastic Christians were tricked into believing it was a statue of Constantine, the first Christian Emperor, and thus did not melt it down"

Do you know what their citation for this is?

A fucking children's picture book about horses

I literally have a court record from 9th century Italy proving that the populace were aware it was a statue of Marcus Aurelius, but someone keeps deleting my comments on the talk page and undoing my edits

This supposition doesn't make sense for a few reasons
1. Artistic depictions of both Marcus Aurelius and Constantine are very common and they look nothing alike
2. Marcus Aurelius was held in quite high regard by Christians so there would be no reason they would want to destroy a statue of him
3. If Constantine's bronze statues were granted some kind of special exemption from bring melted down, why do we have so few of them? We have two for Constantine, one of which is actually heavily damaged, and one for Marcus Aurelius, which is much bigger and in near perfect condition

But in spite of all the logical and historiographical evidence I have against it, I was called a "fucking zealot" and it was maintained that the children's picture book about horses was a "valid academic source"

In Britain, "Asian" means Indians and Pakis, it never means Chinks and Japs.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

They thought Africans and Europeans were from India and admired them

books.google.com/books?id=-I6owJcCOdwC&pg=PA37&dq=japan portuguese black&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUkMPW5e3TAhVV7GMKHfTADDkQ6AEIKTAD#v=onepage&q=japan portuguese black&f=false

Everything regarding the Historical Jesus is really bad too. The pages just keep repeating "scholars universally agree that" or some equivalent, constantly cite only Biblical scholars and basically never really seem to provide any of the apparent hard proof beyond constantly stating what boils down to "these things were mentioned in the Bible and the Church wouldn't like therefore Jesus existed".

Which, believe whatever, is pretty terrible.

The problem with Wikipedia is that it's a haven of autism in that one or a small group of autists park themselves on a page or group of pages and then obsessively watch them, lording over the pages like their own little fiefdoms so that the only things or viewpoints that are valid are what they declare valid.

You aren't even talking about the OP but bitching about Wikipedia.

Get yourselves together guys.

So what word do you use to refer to Chinese, Japanese and Koreans ?

Scholars believe Jesus existed largely due to circumstantial evidence, before you bulk at this circumstantial evidence is all we have to go on many famous events and people, because records are not always very good in certain places

Your example isn't really comparable to the user you're responding to. You have to scrape the absolute bottom of the barrel of academia to find anyone who thinks Jesus didn't exist. The only Jesus mythicist who has any real training in historiographical study, Richard Carrier, took 20 years to get his undergraduate degree and had to defend his thesis in front of a panel because it was considered so terrible. Claiming Jesus didn't exist in the modern historical landscape is like claiming Hannibal or Alexander the Great or Boudicca didn't exist.

Meanwhile the source for the claim that Marcus Aurelius' Equestrian Statue wasn't melted down because Christians thought he was Constantine is a throwaway line in an encyclopedia from the 1950s that wasn't sourced or referenced or backed up in any way.

>Written by a Jap
>Written by a Jap in 2005

Since the Japanese are extremely xenophobic right now, I imagine it was either the same or worse in 2005.

I don't think a Japanese academic would be influenced by western progressive ideology.

I don't understand why it's so hard to believe that an African would be looked at with awe by Japanese people in the 16th century. You can see videos online of how the Chinese react to black people in their countries, so imagine how people would react to seeing a huge hyper-masculine black dude for the first time.

On top of that, imagine that this big-nig was walking with the shogun. The shogun.

Funny, southeast Asians belief the same, the Malays specifically calls Portuguese and Spanish as 'white Bengali'

No shit. He was fighting him and Yasuke still ended up working with Nobunga's heir.

They weren't discriminated against because there weren't any of them

Well the source is Japanese and the Buhhda statues were often build with gold or dark stone.

>Cultural Marxism
Stopped reading

>TMW you realise it's 2017 and some people actually think """"Cultural Marxism"""" is a real thing
>TMW you realise it' just a meme invented by the Nazis, and in actuality, Soviet Culture had always been very conservative.
>TMW you hear intelligent people like Jordan Peterson falling for /pol/ memery.

It's a good thing wikipedia has become more reliable recently.

It does now say "perhaps", and it cites a book called The Horse in Art, published by the Yale University Press.
The book itself cites no sources, though, and only devotes a single sentence to it.

"East Asian" or "Oriental" but the latter is starting to fall out of use. In the 2001 British census, the term "Chinese or Other" was used.

Cultural marxism is a real concept but it's nothing like /pol/ wants it to be.