The reason you all got burned is because you bought shitcoins that were literally just copy-pasted code from other...

The reason you all got burned is because you bought shitcoins that were literally just copy-pasted code from other projects, plus a few memes pasted on top for likeability. Meanwhile IOTA actually has the chance to replace fiat by solving the scalability problems with crypto, and yet none of you newfags are talking about it. It's the only coin bucking the market trend, and it's up 14% as we speak. Its blockchain-free architecture gives it the potential to compete with credit and debit cards by offering instantaneous transaction verifications with no cap to how many transactions per second the network can handle.

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@ercwl/iota-is-centralized-6289246e7b4d
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

plenty of coins are currently green and give me a break with bucking the trend, iota collapsed down to 18 cents from being 55 a couple weeks ago. it's junk technology that promises more than it can deliver. oh and it lies about its degree of decentralization

medium.com/@ercwl/iota-is-centralized-6289246e7b4d

Nice, just bought 100k.

>posting that article again where the author admits he has no idea what he's talking about because he hasn't read the IOTA documentation

>when IOTA is at +17% and climbing
Feels good man.

tfw I only have 2.5 billion iota

>$450 million dollars
Bullshit, but I'll believe it if you give me some.

hehe nah, each IOTA you buy is actually 1 million iota, i have 2500 mIOTA

Byteball is just better thou.

how much you got? when did you get in?

No one has been able to tell me why an IOT holds any value in 3 threads now.

It's the only cryptocoin designed to be used as a real currency, with instant transactions, no fees, and infinite scalability. As opposed to some Frankenstein-esque monstrosity like with a bunch of buzzwordy bullshit tacked onto it.

stupid piece of shit OP, read the whitepaper, fucking retard

do they shit talk their own product in the whitepaper? what are you referring to

Byteball is still better though.

it has massive scaling issues and admit its in its own white paper, do you even read about shit before you toss money into it?

Why? IOTA seems pretty based and they're getting huge industry traction.

Care to elaborate? Unless you can name specifics that just sounds like FUD. Especially since the whole point of IOTA is to be scalable.

Snapshots solve any scalability issue iota might have. If you don't buy iota you are utterly retarded. This is the next logical step in crypto

Its designed to support transactions in the Internet Of Things environment, fucking retard. Its not meant to replace your regular currencies.

They market it for iot but obviously you can do regular transactions with it.

Just like how ETH is not designed to be a currency

Or "Store of value", whatever

spoiler alert: they're all worthless shitcoins. Bitcoin = BBC, everything else = pathetic white bois

glad I could settle this for yall

Plebbit user summed up pretty nicely why I am holding some IOTA:

I have been posting about IOTA since its market cap was 30 million. I have not sold a single iota yet, and I will explain why.

First of all the technology is the first true leap in fundamental distributed ledger architecture since Bitcoin itself.
Sure there has been a lot of different experimentation and adjustments to the blockchain, but fundamentally all of them are still a blockchain, IOTA is not. IOTA resolved the scaling problems, the fee issue and the centralization issue, literally the top 3 concerns of blockchain that has kept it out of real world use forever. Even just solving one of them would be revolutionary, as is evident by hundreds of projects proclaiming to do just that, they solved all 3! It's hard to overstate, in fact almost hard to believe, until you look at the code and play with the protocol.

Secondly is the team, the entire core team of IOTA consist of blockchain veteran seminal thinkers who pioneered everything from full Proof of Stake to 2.0 functionality like Asset Management, Voting etc. as well as first movers in the field of combining distributed ledger tech with Identity, Internet of Things, Voting, Supply Chain before pretty much anyone else. They have consistently shown that they are years ahead of everyone in terms of vision and creating technology that enables the vision.

Thirdly look at the community and ecosystem. There is already 10s of thousands of people, their Slack alone got almost 7000 people and it is growing by hundreds each day. There is a 10 million dollar ecosystem fund for everyone to build projects on the platform. Finally they got real world companies involved, only Ethereum can rival them here. They are working with Microsoft, Bosch, Innogy, Ubuntu, Cisco, Thomson Reuters etc. before they even launched. Should you invest? Well, if you can show me anything that can beat this I will pay you 100 000 dollars of my own money just to be part of it.

Eth is very inflationary, iota has literally zero inflation. Are you actually retarded?

>Just like how ETH is not designed to be a currency
Doesnt mean it has no value. The difference is ETH mass adoption is around 5 years away and IOTA might be a decade or more.

M8 one of greatest things about blockchain is transparency. Tangle simply doesnt offer it nor should it.

Yo when is this shit gonna dip guys? I want to BUY!!!

shit is worth 500 million, there is zero room to grow. why waste money on 4x when you can get 100x on some shitcoins.

>It's the only cryptocoin designed to be used as a real currency

no, many are designed that way.

>instant transactions, no fees, and infinite scalability.

so it can replace VISA right now?

I'm agreeing with you, retards. Just because ether wasn't designed for something, that doesn't mean it can't do or be it. Same with iota

Been dipping for a month
Sorry mate

Bitcoin was $90 with a $1b market cap...

Well i have to agree with you here, eventhough i bought 1300 miota at 0.33$, I held on it during the plunge. Now shows good bullish signs,second best recovery today.

So glad i own 4 of the coins on the list.

>close margin long @ 0.278
>market starts tanking immediately

it's the best kind of feel

I got out at the top as well

Just bought 1 BTC of iota and it crashes right away FML

>buy high sell low
you just sponsored 's lambo

That bounce though.

I wanted to get back in at 0.22, but wavered... Now I pay the price... Too bad

You might want to sell a bit NOW

Me too, lol

Bittrex listing when?

CRASH CRASH CRASH I NEED TO BUY BACK IIIIIIN

EVERYONE SELL FOR DADDY, PLEASE

BTC aint done diving. We still have a chance to get in low. Although in a few months we will laugh at these prices and speed away in our lambo
>literally the best coin

No Miners: Doesnt use third party miners to verifiy transactions (every other blockchain, or coin for that matter, uses miners) because its revolutionary tangle "blockchainless" ledger is programmed such that when you send out a transaction, you verify two previous transactions.

Zero-Fees: No miners means no mining fees for the user (the fee is to verify two previous transactions). This is essential for micro/nano transactions. Say you send .0005 cents, then a fee could be larger that what you are actually sending. No other blockchain as absolutely zero fees.

Infinite Scalability: This model allows for transaction speed to increase as more people use the network, opposed to every other blockchain whos network slows as transaction volume increases. This is important for when Blockchain technology would/will grow to a global scale.

Not only are these points the answers for why every blockchain WILL NOT work on a global and micro/nano scale, but there is more.
Lightweight: The ability to participate in the network requires minimal computing power, can be done on a smart phone, or a really small microchip. Eventually ternary processors will maximize these capabilites. It can literally transact on a microchip in a tiny sensor. These will be known as the light nodes. However, light nodes will need to "report" to a full node to verify the transactions. The full node can be run offline and, for example, will be run by a company wanting to utilize the IOTA tangle ledger in their business model (and many businesses will utilize this tech, ex) Microsoft, Cisco, Bosch, Innogy are all implementing as we speak, and as of 5 hours ago, SatoshiPay is switching from Bitcoin blockchain to IOTA). Think of this metaphor, if I dont want to use a portapotty to go to the bathroom, I should consider installing plumbing. If i want plumbing, I gotta buy the pipes and pay for water to run in my house. IOTA = Plumbing, Full Node = Pipes/Water. Entirely new business models and apps will be able to run using IOTAs tech, and it will literally change the world as we know it.

Quantum Secure: Every computer is susceptible to hacking, likewise, all blockchains are susceptible to hacking or "attacking". However, blockchains are highly, highly secure. Buuuuut, with the invention of quantum computers, they will basically be able to brute force their way into any blockchain. IOTAs tangle ledger has algorithms in place to protect from a potential quantum attack in the future, even though it is wayyyyy down the road. Basically theoretical at this point. Either way fully secure in almost everyway.
But dont just think of IOTAs as a currency, the tangle network is a means for sending data between computers, with no fees, instantly. Now can you see why companies will want to use it? Instead of using, say, comcast business, verizon or other greedy pointless monopolies like that.

Any other projects you like?

No, pajeet.

IOTA

got in in the 6th round, got 20 Byteballs

And the reason byteball is not well known yet is because people shut up about it, so that they can get more coins for themselves.
Once the airdrops finish, everyone will start to shill it and hype it and then we will see the prices skyrocket

ball bites isn't going anywhere you delusional faggot.

>Infinite Scalability: This model allows for transaction speed to increase as more people use the network, opposed to every other blockchain whos network slows as transaction volume increases. This is important for when Blockchain technology would/will grow to a global scale.

How the fuck.

every transaction verifies two other transactions. the more activity, the more transactions can be processed & the faster the network.

iota is interesting
decred is interesting
monero seems useful
lykke seems useful

the rest seems like trash

>cap now around 700m

Btfo

It will take you all by surprise when it becomes a top 5 coin

soma.co is interesting
Wetrust is interesting

it's cute how the cap went from $411M yesterday to $740M now after $15M of volume today

Alright Veeky Forums, I'm buying the dip.

FOR NEWFAGS:

IOTA is a technology for lots of technological hurdles and barriers we all get in the near future, like security issues in the "Internet of things", new business opportunities like bigdata-markets, lots of upcoming nano-payments which are right now, due to transaction fees of all existing technologies (like debit cards, banks, etc), just barely feasible.
The Internet of things will be an enormous network of small devices like smart-fridges, autonomous machines, so all imaginable devices etc. not only human applications but also industrial applications.("IoT" is a good term to google btw :) )
So this technology aims for the secure interoperability of these devices where the issues otherwise threatens whole industries.
Think about ddos attacks or systems and business models which are not able to be built because some circumstances ain't right to this point.
It could become an important part of the 4th industrial revolution, that already has started some say.
IOTA has no transaction-fees, is tamperproof, also quanting computing resistance because some special hashes are integrated.
It's comparable to bitcoin but with a different field of application where problems demand a fast solution. It also has a different technological core which works in a different manner.
Bitcoin wants to replace existing currencies and is discussed controversially for several reasons.
IOTA is made for the interoperability of the IoT, but can also perform value- or information transactions, incredibly fast, and is at an early stage of development, but the main net is already running on hundreds or thousands of distributed nodes all over the globe.

2/2

It is an open source project where people can invest, and for now, technically there are no competitors that could deliver the same features so there is a solid hype around this project, because a few big companies and influencial persons were interested and of course because it's unique.
The founders dont wan't unnecessary hype, instead they want to built an healthy ecosystem with working proof-of-concepts and an eager community.
Developers or capable people are therefore always welcome! If companies are interested in this cutting edge technology, they can use the contact email above!
For devs, the slack-invite-link above should be the best way to become a part.
Please consider to visit our development hub, that is listed in the upper text!
We are always happy to answer questions and ready to help anyone for a good start here!

As soon as you have a card that runs on the visa system maybe.

you people just don't get why cryptocurrency became popular. talking about your gay ass decreds and iotas. bitcoin will always be king because it is decentralized and has no fucking person in charge. and don't say the chink miners are in charge because they aren't.

DECENTRALIZATION. it's not just a fucking meme. it's the entire reason bitcoin is worth more than 2 grand right now.

Fuck no. It's because it was first-to-market, period.

so basically lots of buzzwords and 0 current real world use

IOTA is more decentralized than bitcoin you faggot. Whether you want to admit it or not, miners are holding bitcoin by the balls and there's nothing anyone else can do about it. IOTA frees you from miner centralization.

yizz, 9yo boy

IOTA is lifting off to the Andromeda galaxy. It's nearly doubled in price in two days.

Bitcoiners and their broken technology eternally BTFO.

I'd rather see the Jew bankers and fiat prevail in the end then that scheming lying faggot crook Cum-From-Beyond. Thank god Satoshi at least disappeared so we can never know just how much of a douchebag he may really be.

What did he do?

Shut up satonatomato, we don't fucking care about your fucking shit with gim. Just go ahead and die and leave us all alone.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, satonatomato is a byteball whale that got super butthurt after his coin crashed and is trying to FUD the hell out of IOTA to prop up byteball even though it's centralized.