Africa

Why are western armies so reluctant to wage war there. They allow ISIS to fester, and just generally take a hands off approach to most of the continent, while having boots on the ground all throughout the Middle East.

Because white women need big cocks to satisfy their tight virginous pussies

Ignoring the French intervention in Mali, US raids and drone strikes in Somalia, and Western training and advising of Nigerian troops?

Too poor/stupid to bomb us.

>ISIS
>Africa
Were your mother and father brother and sister?

Those are still very minor, spec ops type stuff. Why no regiment+ level deployments?

Truly the BBC is the most valuable resource in history

IS is secretly ramping up their efforts in the sahel, because they recognize that it can be used as a very robust base of operations that most of the world is averse to.

>Rebirth of the moorish dynamic is the biggest threat to the west going forward.

>why can't we just fight wherever we want
>no I don't know how international tribunals work
>what do you mean we have finite resources
>what the hell is an operating budget

Undertsand that it is only in case of a threat to their economic interest that western armies will engage in a counter terrorism war in center africa.

There is no much oil, contrary of the middle east. We do not risk the lives or our men for desert and 2-3 tribes.

France intervened in Mali to tie its military dependance to France. And to protect the french corporations which are exploiting uranium and others minerals in the country and around.

US are launching drones strikes to stem the piratery in the Horn of Africa.

And Nigeria is very populated and full of muslims, so it is quite normal that western coutnries send military advisers for the nigerian counterterrorism troops. Because if islamic terrorist groups managed to seize the coutnry, they would have a huge reserve of potential djihadists there.

Boko Haram is part of ISIS now

I find boko haram to be oddly aesthetic.

Why are there no good, thorough, documentaries on them?

>I find boko haram to be oddly aesthetic.

Me too. Also, Abubakar Shekau is such a funny and charismatic guy, unlike Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. God, if I were a Muslim from Nigeria, I would definitely join Boko Haram.

Bumpy

What is Proxy wars?

Angola, Mozambique, Biafra, Katanga???

Really?

>

What was it.

How would African soldiers react to a white man coming over to buy them and supply them with superior weapons to wage war?

>*Sets sights to the 2000 meters mark*
>gun shoots harder

The driving force behind African colonialism was the three "C's"; aka Commerce, Civilisation, and Christianity.

With the exception of South Africa, no colony ever approached being commercially viable. No territorial protectorate ever did. So, that's strike one.

Civilisation existed only due to a strong hand. Which, from the Western perspective, was no civilisation at all. Strike two.

Christianity has been all but abandoned by Western nations and exists today as a shadow of it's former self. Strike three.

The West will never go back into Africa with the intent to master the land until all three "C's" are possible.

Let the niggers kill themselves. Who cares?

Christianity will never be able to get a strong foothold in Africa, it is just not compatible, and the Muslims would not allow it.

But there are like half a billion Christians in Africa.

The West basically accomplished their goals as far as proselytizing in the parts of Africa that weren't already Muslim when colonization started.

By the time Europeans started doing missions in Africa, the only parts that were not almost fully islamized were jungle wildernes in central Africa, and most of greater South Africa.

>With the exception of South Africa, no colony ever approached being commercially viable. No territorial protectorate ever did. So, that's strike one

But they did though user.

>Civilisation existed only due to a strong hand. Which, from the Western perspective, was no civilisation at all. Strike two.

Well considering the ways to get "civilization" was barred off and gimped it's not wonder it never really took off. Even now they speak western languages, consume western media, use western education systems and use western social and political institutes in their nation. Fucks sake many of it isn't even adapted to the country at all, 1:1 imported with no alterations (lots of colonial era laws still in use).

>Christianity has been all but abandoned by Western nations and exists today as a shadow of it's former self. Strike three

Christianity was widespread by the end of the colonial era and all indigenous religions either smothered, oppressed hard or destroyed.

OP never said anything about "mastering" Africa but he was talking about intervention

You forgot center and Eastern Africa user. Let me remind you that in many parts of Africa multi religious households are super common because marrying between religions is not really that cared about.

Because the ME has massive payoff for yourself in energy, for the US it has two nations that are on top and also obey it.
Same for Asia with SK and Japan. They got nations that due to various reasons such as Cold War or geopolitical influence were "worth" the effort to dive in and help/assist.

Africa you can't really do that because there's so much more nations together and a different scenario so there's no "chosen ones" that they can pick and reliably say to themselves "this can work" or "they are definitely under our thrall.".

I'm using the U.S for instance but other countries do shit in the ME, Asia or Africa to amass something. The U.S isn't the only one that does this or is exceptional really.

Because African social institutions have been destroyed to the point where it is no longer necessary to have boots on the ground in order to take their capital. All we have to do is negotiate with a state to liberalize markets and open up to international finance, or strait up take their shit, nobody is there to stop international economic powers from doing whatever the fuck they want.
The Middle East actually had the agency to say, "Yankee/Chink go home" and that's why it was invaded, just like central/South America and SE Asia

Disagree strongly on commerce. Efforts to make colonies viable were mediocre at best. Scramble For Africa discusses this issue at length.

The average African colony was a colony for less than 40 years. To note the difference, look at India who inherited 300+ years of Western civilisation. The differences are extreme.

Christianity as a motivator of Western impetus is what I was referring to. Not the hodge-podge adoption of on display in Africa today.

>Why are western armies so reluctant to wage war there
They aren't?

Africa does have agency, and has been the graveyard of man attempted interventions.

>Not the hodge-podge adoption of on display in Africa today.

Come again?

its fine that you are stupid because I know you're agency has been corrupted by the world you live in.
Like a moth drawn to a flame

This. There's literally no threat to the west or its resources. No one cares. Except where there's shit we can dig up and use for electronics.

The colonies were viable though. Do you not notice the massive farming of cash crops in West and Eastern Africa?

Over time they were made viable. Hell West Africa helped PAY for India's WW2 war damages.

They fear the modern day Zulu warrior.

The Zulus were a joke, however moors and horners otoh, were a problem.

Because of Blackhawk Down

The Zulus weren't a joke though.

Southern Rhodesia wasn't a colony by the time it was effectively exporting food.

Northern Rhodesia was never profitable.

Nyasaland was never profitable.

Tanganyika was never profitable.

Mozambique was never profitable.

Kenya was self sufficient at best.

Bechuanaland was never profitable.

Somaliland was never profitable.

Puntland was never profitable.

South Africa was profitable for about 20 years.

Southwest Africa was never profitable.

Angola was never profitable.

Ivory Coast and on up the western coast was for a time profitable for palm oil and slaves and then all of them bottomed out to garbage.

Nigeria was the only colony that went to black majority rule that had all the tools to "work" and it failed.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you define "profit" as but I am basing it on the period when the were directly controlled, managed, and populated by colonial powers as colonies or territorial protectorates. Not basing on what they have at their disposal today.

No European power would have ever left Africa had they truly known what wealth lay hidden beneath their feet.

Hodge-podge of Christianity. It's a thin veneer of Western faith laid over pagan belief systems. Again, the result of too little exposure for too short a time.

An example of difference would be practioners of santeria in Central America who are nominally Catholic with bits of old beliefs on it. Another would be African practioners of voodoo/hoodoo in the Carobbean; slaves that brought just enough Christianity with them to the New World and a whole lot of tribal savagery. Night and day differences and all down to how long they were colonised for.

>It's a thin veneer of Western faith laid over pagan belief systems. .

Not really user. It's a spectrum but Pagan systems in many areas got WIPED out of existence and people have complete seething dispdain and hate over their former indigenous religions.

Yeah you have areas that have syncretism or some of their propels old regions in it but in a lot of areas that aspect is wiped out or dead a fuck.

Well, I was born in Bulawayo and have lived all over southern Africa in one capacity or another.

I have met many African Christians and attended services at many African churches. Most are Christian in name only.

>Why no regiment+ level deployments?
what for?

And Christianity is extremely wide as hell. What makes their meme protestant Christianity any less legit the the meme ones in America, Latin America or Asia? What is the issue with native African things seeping into region compared to the same happening in Christian parts of Asia or in Europe.

Do you have the same beliefs for Catholic Africans or Anglicans? How about Orthodoxy in the horn?

I already answered that question earlier.

But, again, the three C's that drove colonialism include Christianity. If the West is unwilling to push one of the defining components of Western civilisation in Africa back then, they sure aren't going to do it now.

It doesn't matter if some random Africans version of Christianity matches up with mine. What matters is that mine matches my Western beliefs. Theirs does not and, from that, cannot truly inherit Western values.

>France's war in Mali wasn't a regiment+ level deployment

Christianity spread so hard from the amount back then to now. Hell the top reason it spread so fast is because Africans took to it and spread it to others. If that's not a sign of being commuted to the words of God then I don't know what is.

>What matters is that mine matches my Western beliefs. Theirs does not and, from that, cannot truly inherit Western values.

Can you explain this better? Like Are you saying their Christianity from Anglican's and Catholicism does not "match" their society so it can't be western? Do youk now of the notable and sizable amount of Africans who integrated and worked within Western culture?

I'm saying that my form of Christianity doesn't include going to see a pagan witch doctor on the way home from church to buy some albino ears to ward off a particularly menacing tokeloshe that had been stealing my shoes. Theirs does.

Because access to oil is fucking critical to most western economies and any disruption would be disastrous. Its one of the reasons the Republicans BTFO the Democrats in the 1980 elections.