Do you think it's fair for parents to charge their adult children rent?

Do you think it's fair for parents to charge their adult children rent?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/amp.www.complex.com/sports/2013/10/10-tips-for-living-out-of-your-car/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>fair
welcome to the real world, kid.

It's fair, but not a good business decision. It creates a cancerous relationship between family members and the added income is usually negligible.

It's also never acceptable to rent a room of your house out to a stranger if you live there or have family living there.

yeah sure people exploit each other all the time, but for a parent to exploit their own children for profit is a different story entirely.

No

well i told my mom that when i need to earn money i need good education and to get good education i cant work because i have to learn

My parents are refusing to budge. What can I do?

you are an adult, that will teach you to be responsible.

>yes goy give us all of your money when you're just entering the workforce and have no skills yet, it's good for you to throw away money you could be investing in your future.

Yes, absolutely.
But on a reasonable level. An amount below public rent prices and according to the childs income.

Charging a student child more then student halls would be unfair.

Charging a working child a few hundred $ a month to teach him about the real is advisable

if you have a job, stop buying food for yourself and just eat all of theirs. eat (or pretend to eat) everything that they enjoy so they're constantly going to the store and draining more money than they get from you

when they confront you, tell them you have no money left over after paying them rent and your other bills. they'll fold and stop asking for rent

if they take the $100 and put it in a savings account or something, sure. but if they're just pocketing it they're scumbags.

>all these autistic manchildren ITT

kys, each one of you, you contribute nothing to society

No. They didnt give you the choice to be born. They had intercourse and enjoyed it and didnt think of the future outcomes and variables. You are their responsibility for life and you are responsible for them when they are old. It is an equal transaction.

But they know that's bullshit

They want me to only pay $400-500 a month and they know fulltime work is significantly more than that

This. Your parents have an obligation to take care of you until you are ready to be on your own financially.

Making you pay rent simply makes you lose money, unless they secretly put that money into a savings account for you

You can start by stop posting this shit every day and actually get out there in the real world and support your own arse.

But it's scary out there user. I simply cannot accept slaving away just to give the money to my parents.

Tell them you will pay for utilities or move to a relatives like your grandparents that won't make you pay. Or live in your car until you get through community college and you can actually afford rent.

Live out of your car, you can do this comfortably. Setup your desktop or laptop somewhere public with WiFi a few times a week, go to a gym for your health and to shower. It can be done and is very cheap.

This, anybody who thinks something else is pants on head retarded or just spiteful he had to do it himself.

It adds maybe an additional 5% to your income it's laughable at best.

I dont have any relatives though

google.com/amp/amp.www.complex.com/sports/2013/10/10-tips-for-living-out-of-your-car/

It can seriously be done and I really would refuse to pay something like that. 100-200 is fair, otherwise just live out of your car and shower at the YMCA. I did it for a few months

It's this simple user when they get old charge then money to look after them . I left my house when I was 18 and received no support. My parents had to borrow at least 15k over the last year . They did pay me back but slowly they still owe me 5k . I say fuck them and when there old it's your turn to give them a taste of what it's like to be fucked over

You could try getting a job and paying rent. 4-500 is considerably less than you'd pay to live on your own.

Friends or find people on Craigslist looking for a room mate. This is your best bet. But, living out of your car is pretty exciting.

I know people that have lived out of their car for a long ass time and really as long as you have friends and you get out of the car like to the local Starbucks for computer time people won't care. Also once you do it regularly staff will be cool with you.

If he gets room mates he will pay 150-200 for everything max.

Yes, for many anymore it's a step in pushing the adult from the nest. Most states allow kids to work from age 15, this allows them to get used to working and save up to move out (usually with friends as roommates). Trust, you'll have an easier time with women if you don't live with mommy and daddy as an adult

I don't know how to drive.

>"adult children"

You mean, man-child?

I live with my mom and I help her with bills because she is genuinely bad with money. She has told me before if I leave she won't be able to afford to stay in this house. I feel like I'm being manipulated. She's an alcoholic. Also I can afford to live on my own, I make more money than her.

What do I do Veeky Forums :(

if there's still a mortgage they have to pay off I don't see it as unreasonable for the child to help willingly, without the parents even asking for it

will you fuck off with these shit threads, either help your parents out or move the fuck out you man child

My mother did exactly the same thing to me user. I still moved out. Saved myself two hundred bucks a month and an hour shorter commute to work. That's how much money she was jewing me for.

Said she couldn't afford to live on her own. Lo and behold three years later and she's doing just fine, even managed to go on holiday to Thailand with my rent money.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

Dude my parents kicked me out onto the street by 15. I was still at school sitting exams, etc

Consider yourself lucky

Did you say something stupid like you weren't going to be paying for their retirement?

Jesus Christ you were only paying $200 a month? I pay more than half of my mom's goddamned mortgage on top of her other bills. If just $200 is getting jewed then I am getting full blown fucked in the ass.

My dad suggested I pay rent a few times.
I just laughed and told him I'd just move out in that case.

Move out? What are you? Twelve?

Normal fag

>fair

stop thinking in terms of fair and unfair, the concept is irrelevant in the real world

the only thing to do is stop complaining and grab life by the balls

fuck you worthless freeloading shjt

No, I was paying 500. I saved myself two hundred a month by moving. Sure it was a shitty apartment with a room mate but I saved money by moving out.

this

nobody owes you anything, there is no fair

quit being such a little bitch

hello boomers!

go donate your tendie money to bernie you useless communist

You'd like that to pay for your healthcare huh boomer