Is there a way to revive aspects of precolumbian culture today in the Americas...

Is there a way to revive aspects of precolumbian culture today in the Americas? In a similar way to what jews did with the hebrew language but on a wider scale?

Other urls found in this thread:

qu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qhapaq_p'anqa
nah.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calīxatl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, basically you should forget that hygiene exists and start raping little children and boom, native culture revived.

But they were more hygenic actually, numerous accounts of the time say this.

I sure hope so.

I hear Peru and other parts around there are mostly indigenous, so if its possible anywhere, its there. Mayans have a shot too. Say a group of south Americans who already speak an indigenous language just went and founded a town, they can have an Inca and Terrence farming and everything.

I think it'd be nice to reuse the Maya script.

Their clothing is vaguely reminiscent of some bronze age europeans desu

Jews had an extensive, centuries long tradition of literacy and compiled massive tomes of literature and language. AFAIK native Americans didn't have the same.

In terms of technology/societal structure, which other early civilizations would you compare the meso-americans to?

>theocracy focused on building a few huge cities, with little connectivity
Ancient egypt, maybe?

Natives invented writting by themselves, AFAIK jews didn't.

but did they write as much as Jews?

there's no certain answer

fucking conquistadors

How can they be so savage. this makes me sad.

There are historic documents around the world (not only in mesoamerica) that can't be interpreted because invasors wiped populations ,and with them anyone that could read those documents.

Actually the middle east people saved the greek writings.

They civilized them. The Native Americans weren't peaceful you fucking retards, they were just as savage as the colonizers, the difference is that one had the power while the other one didn't.

In many ways the Spanish were way more civilized than the Aztecs and the rest, at least they didn't do that shit to their own.

Stole them you mean.

>black legend
the eternal anglo strikes
then why natives from anglo colonies got it much worse than natives from spaniard colonies if the latter were much more savage
>inb4 you took the bait

>Remember the 1500000 artifacts

>Actually the middle east people saved the greek writings.
If you want to go off of technicality, sure, but the implication you're making ("Europe owes its understanding of the Classics to Middle Eastern sources") is completely wrong as the West received the classics from Byzantines over a hundred or so year span. Namely, Gemistus Pletho brought Plato back to Italy, not Islamic scholars.

As for your question OP, I've actually been really interested in this. From what I gather, you need a large amount of nationalists who are willing to do the cultural revitalization, a media and government willing to do the revitalization, an education system willing to do the revitalization, several billionaires willing to do the revitalization, and a military that can shoot anyone who disagrees. Without these, it probably won't work. See, Ireland, where the government, media, and billionaires aren't willing to do the revitalization so it's just kind of a half hearted attempt.

>They civilized them

>then why natives from anglo colonies got it much worse than natives from spaniard colonies if the latter were much more savage

Complete bs on both sides.

Natives only got fucked once Those Anglo colonies became independent and calling the Spaniard natives savages is trucking retarded.

It was a spectrum and even among the "Savages" they took to stuff liek the words of Christ and other shit.

Once case they were teaching a bunch of them how to read and taught them the bible but they stopped because they were too good at it. The priests and the church teachers didn't stop themselves but they were forced by the early colonial authorities

according to the spanish themselves

not an argument

>In many ways the Spanish were way more civilized than the Aztecs
name one other than sacrifices because the aztecs in 200 years killed 48 children at their capital, while spaniards executed 8 000 nobles and their children in a couple of hours at the same place

I still carry on some of the rituals my ancestors did though a lot of them have been mixed with christianity.

t. native South American

Bartolomé de las Casas reported those things though.

This is what I'm thinking. I heard a mexican architect wanted to return the lake of texcoco but wasn't allowed to by the government and they preferred foreign architects instead.

That shows that amongst the spaniards there were people concerned about the subject

Meanwhile, the brits...
When I say "savages" I'm talking about the spaniards, who according to drawings and fables like were more brutal to the natives than the british and dutch

>not an argument
when will this meme die?

you know the sun does rise even when you dont sacrifice people....that's not an opinion its a well know fact.The Aztecs where wrong their civilization was based on a lie.

Mayan is a similar religion without the human sacrifice.

Please that is a superficial simplification of the aztec religion. In fact, I believe there to be more truth to their worldview than I see coming from Christianity.

no

More complex and intricate than motherfucking chinese, which is the hardest. Not gonna happen, friend.

that's a very low bar tho

You realise that human sacrifices where important part?

Their Jewish desert religion compels them to destroy all other religions even if it means extermination of entire cultures and writing systems.

>I believe there to be more truth to their worldview
rather difficult of them to have a worldview.Considering the civilization that practiced human sacrifice on an industrial scale was relegated to central America

qu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qhapaq_p'anqa
nah.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calīxatl

>raping children
user we arent talking about europeans or muslims
>forget hygiene
says thevrace who dumped shit and piss into pots then threw them in the streets

Evangelization kind of made that difficult. It's going to be kind of hard to drive people away from their half millennium old Catholic traditions and get them to adopt some reconstructed practice. There's still plenty of syncretization in local indigenous cultures.
Coca usage is alive and well.

There's more to it than that.

That was the UK actually.

Guaraní is not only the oficial language of Paraguay but it´s widely spoken too.
> It is one of the official languages of Paraguay (along with Spanish), where it is spoken by the majority of the population, and where half of the rural population is monolingual.[5][6]

I'm white and catholic and my family, as well as the entire town does festivities and rites for Pachamama every year.

>le christianity is worse than being an ammoral retard with a teenager-like lack of self-control
t. antifa mccuck

My wife is Mayan. Her mom, grandmother and a lot of her family speak it. She kind of knows how to speak it but she doesn't really give enough fucks to master it.

She's better than me at Greek and Latin tho.

All non abrahamic religions > atheism > abrahamic religions.
Mayas practiced human sacrifice too, most Mesoamericans did, just not to the level of the Aztecs. But human sacrifice is pretty common in general, Andeans did it, North American indians, Europeans, Asians, Polynesians and so on and so forth. *sniff*

"(...)but this is okay : rather than trying to fit in, you should consider going to a board more suited for posters like you, such as /pol/, /b/, or maybe even /r9k/. you will be happy, and we will be happy(...)"

Interesting note, there exist indigenous Maya in Belize.

And Guatemala and el salvador and Honduras
Yeah, I studied a little bit of classical Maya because I was born in C.A and it's fucking difficult, numbers are easy but this fucking lolograms, I could recognize a dozen maybe and draw none.

I mean Japanese has a gorillian characters plus a syllabic script and in combination much like the Mayan writing. I think it's possible, but it'd be difficult, if you were born into in though shouldn't be hard. Like my gf grew up with runes and writes it easily.

The woman in the purple dress looks a lot like my wife's grandmom.

I'll stop blogposting now.

Just help their living descendants succeed

Post pics of your wife user

>posting personal pictures in an anonimoose cantonese wine fabric barrack
>especially of a close one

what???
explain?

Sorry meant Russia (during USSR period.

White people are the smelly rapists that brought all the disease though

>Natives only got fucked once Those Anglo colonies became independent

Nah, they got fucked within the first 50 years of colonization.

Man these guys are worst than barbarians who sacked Rome.

holy shit kek

Y'all need to read a book. Mesoamerican human sacrifice only reached the scale it did because the Aztecs worshiped Huitzilopochtli, a god who depended entirely on sacrifices for strength. Huitzilopochtli was not a major god in Nahua mythology until the Aztecs took over, as he was seen as their patron.

Nanahuatzin and Tonatiuh were the Sun God as I recall my math teacher explaining.

0/10

Sucer sel puta

What about santa Claus?

That's a lie too but Christmas is still practiced by the most powerful society on earth

I'd rather not have more cannibalism, homosexuality and pederasty in Latin America.

How is corporation worship a lie?

You still have plenty of all of those.

>Is there a way to revive aspects of precolumbian culture today in the Americas?
no, in most places it's literally impossible

in fact the maya of today dont even know what pre colombian maya music sounded like or know any dances

They also really don't care.

I believe interest is the main problem. That needs to be established first, before any revitalization attempts ever takes place.

Except not a single government in central America would support it, as they would not want to deal with native seperatists.

It depends who's in government though.

Tell me of a single developed western civilization that cares about it's traditions in any mainstream way whatsoever.

If Europeans don't care about their ancestry why would amerindians? What people want are 60" TVs and playstation's.

Natives were the disease, smallpox was the cure.

what a stupid idea

Why do you keep making this retarded thread?
Are mayaboos mentally ill?

Why would you want to?

Was Mayan script still in use when Europeans arrived?

Regardless of what retarded britcucks and amerifats tell you, the mayan culture was nearly extinct when the Europeans first arrived. It's a miracle anything at all has survived until this very day.

Yes.

They're also, like most people in this board, completely ignorant about the topic they're trying to discuss.

>western civilization
Thats the sickness that should be cured m8.

China is becoming the new superpower because they are recovering their history and self steem.

Completely ignorant statement. Yes the Mayan script was well in use. The nahuas even termed the land of the yucatan the land of black and red ink because of their fame for writing books. The codices we have today all date to around the time the Spaniards came (madrid codex may even be from 1600s). A recently discovered fourth book, Grolier codex dates to the 1200s which is centuries after the classical collapse. So no you're retarded if you think it was dying. This is not even including colonial documents that use the script and the spaniards testaments to all the books they produced.