Leviticus 19:28 – “Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead...

>Leviticus 19:28 – “Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.”
Why don't Christians follow their own book?

>Old Testement
>Christianity
Pick one.

Jesus never says NOT to kill people the Old Testament does.

Checkmate christcucks.

>Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Yet Jesus taught things directly contracting Leviticus. Jesus wasn't referring to OT law but his own law.

>Yet Jesus taught things directly contracting Leviticus.
Really? Let's see some.

>Matthew chapter 5
>Teaching About Anger. 21 “You have heard that it was said to your ancestors, ‘You shall not kill; and whoever kills will be liable to judgment.’ 22 But I say to you, whoever is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment, and whoever says to his brother, ‘Fuck you,’ will be answerable to the Sanhedrin, and whoever says, ‘You retard,’ will be liable to fiery Hell. 23 Therefore, if you bring your gift to the altar, and there recall that your brother has anything against you, 24 leave your gift there at the altar, go first and be reconciled with your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 Settle with your opponent quickly while on the way to court with him. Otherwise your opponent will hand you over to the judge, and the judge will hand you over to the guard, and you will be thrown into prison. 26 Amen, I say to you, you will not be released until you have paid the last penny.

His teachings about the Sabbath.

>His teachings about the Sabbath.
Where does he teach to violate Leviticus's statements about the Sabbath? Leviticus doesn't even specify what counts as "working" on the Sabbath, so this is going to be tough.

>"'There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a sabbath to the LORD.

Vs Jesus

*The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. Our Father is working and so shall I. Which one of you, if his colt fell in a ditch wouldn't go down and fetch it? Yet here you sit persecuting me because I told this man to pick up his pallet and walk*

>Listening to a book thousands of years old

Can you read? I don't think you can.

>You are not to do any work;
What did Jesus do that was "work" according to Leviticus? (And I do mean Leviticus, not necessarily the local customs that accrued as to what was "work") I can't find any passage about not being able to pick things up and carry them, or about healing the sick.

>listening to the internet
two wrongs don't make a right

>What is Plato, Aristotle, Greek plays, Roman orators, the Vedas, ect.
You realize that the best books are just as old or even older, right?

>What did Jesus do that was "work" according to Leviticus?
Jesus healed the sick men. This was considered "work" by the Jews.

We're not talking about what a group of Jews thought. That is especially troubling since we had multiple different sects of Jews, all of whom claimed to be the ones doing it right, with mutually contradictory notions of what was and wasn't "work" for purposes of the Sabbath. We're talking about contradicting Leviticus.

>Yet Jesus taught things directly contracting Leviticus.
Show me a passage in Leviticus that forbids healing the sick on the Sabbath.

>Implying I even read that old horseshit

I got better things to do user, reading some old orgyists isnt one of them

>We're not talking about what a group of Jews thought.
It seems that all the Jews with political power felt Jesus was doing work.

Christians follows the ministry of Christ, which is the New Testament.

Similarly we can eat shellfish, wear mixed fabrics, cut our hair on the sides (unlike Hasidic Jews you might see), etc.

get off the history and humanities board son. I think Reddit is more your speed.

Where is the Leviticus passage Jesus allegedly contradicts?

Eh I come here to shitpost and read what tards ask to be "redpilled" daily about stupid topics like george washington's cock

>i'm a paid shill
Must be nice

Tripartate Division of the Law.

However, tattoos are simply in bad taste and so Christians should generally avoid them.

The same way monopolies consider a startup uncompetitive if it is successful.

Not from Leviticus but Exodus 35:2 states:

>For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a day of sabbath rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it is to be put to death.

So in your mind spending the Sabbath working miracles counts as "complete rest?"

In modern Israel the elevators run automatically because the Orthodox aren't even allowed to push a flippin' button on the Sabbath and you mean to suggest that the ancient Pharisees were less observant than the modern Orthodox by allowing some Nazarene to perform miracles on a day of complete rest?!

Jesus contradicts Leviticus very clearly on the issue of Divorce

Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

this is why Catholics cant divorce, they can only get annulments (something that means they were never married in first place due to a defect of the marriage process) like the couple never having sex, the man being a closeted homosexual, or lying/deceiving your spouse (like hiding from your spouse that you have a son/daughter from a previous relationship)

Than why is it in the bible? Is Jewish history more important than Jesus and his preachings?

>implying that the old law is applicable to Christians
>never read the bible

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

Hebrews 10:19-22

Him sparing the adulterous wife from being stoned to death, that was what should have happened to her according to the Leviticus.

Larpers

>Him sparing the adulterous wife from being stoned to death

He didn't do this, this story was made up

>gospel of Jhon
>Made up

The Gospel of John is unimportant in most branches and can be skipped

Lol what?

Fuck off it's a canonic gospel in all sects of Christianity

>

Why don't muslims follow their own book? Why do you not follow any book? Why are you degenerate?

The stipulation against marking your flesh was a specific order against the practice of the Israelites' neighbours, who cut themselves and rubbed the ashes of their deceased relatives into their wounds.

Sola Scriptura is a cancerous fucking doctrine. It leads to retards like OP.

Holy fuck, you christcucks really do have some balls. Just coldly making this sort of shit up in the middle of a discussion is legitimately impressive.

Why follow a bunch of Jewish teachings which essentially exluded non-Jews?

that's a cool tattoo

>implying a Christian said that
Nice try shlomo, Have a shekel.

In truth a decent Christian would not get a tattoo, just simply because they know they can't return it to the shop if it doesn't fit. But they're not bound by the Old Testament, only the Synoptic Gospel of Matthew asserts that they are but the Synoptics are provable bullshit.

>5 Christ has liberated us to be free. Stand firm then and don’t submit again to a yoke of slavery. 2 Take note! I, Paul, tell you that if you get yourselves circumcised, Christ will not benefit you at all. 3 Again I testify to every man who gets himself circumcised that he is obligated to keep the entire law. 4 You who are trying to be justified by the law are alienated from Christ; you have fallen from grace. 5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision accomplishes anything; what matters is faith working through love.

Galatians 5: 1-6

Paul compares the old testament laws to a yoke of slavery: a list of things you aren't supposed to do.

Paul's point is that Christianity is the opposite of that: a list of things you're supposed to do.

In other words, if you love your neighbor you don't need to be told not to covet his wife, to murder him, steal from him, etc. Faith in Christ in the earliest Christian tradition was a process of liberation.