This day in history, MOVE bombing

On May 13, 1985 the Philadelphia police department dropped bombs from a police helicopter on its own city during a botched raid of the MOVE headquarters, killing 11 people, including 5 children. The bombs, which were apparently intended as a breaching tool started a fire. Firefighters were standing by but were ordered not to put out the blaze, apparently for fear that they would be shot at. The fire quickly spread and destroyed over 60 houses. As suspected MOVE members fled they were shot by police.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4bi5Gnq9Z_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Philadelphia

I live next to Philadelphia and I visit Montreal more than I visit fucking Philadelphia. It's that bad.

more than 250 people were left homeless as a result of the fires

great job

>black supremacists get blown up
Lol who cares?

>black supremacist terrorists who were already known for starting firefights with/killing cops get burned alive
What's the problem?

Anyway now that that's out of the way maybe this can be a general thread on 1970s left-wing terrorism in the US and why it seemed to be a big phenomenon and anything else. How is Days of Rage by Bryan Burrough?

Philadelphia represent!

>he actually hasn't been to Philadelphia.

City is fucking beautiful user, with history seeping out of every goddamn street corner.

Go back to your outhouse, you flyover fuck.

1373 – Julian of Norwich has visions which are later transcribed in her Revelations of Divine Love.
1515 – Mary Tudor, Queen of France and Charles Brandon, 1st Duke of Suffolk are officially married at Greenwich.
1568 – Battle of Langside: The forces of Mary, Queen of Scots, are defeated by a confederacy of Scottish Protestants under James Stewart, Earl of Moray, her half-brother.
1619 – Dutch statesman Johan van Oldenbarnevelt is executed in The Hague after being convicted of treason.
1779 – War of the Bavarian Succession: Russian and French mediators at the Congress of Teschen negotiate an end to the war. In the agreement Austria receives the part of its territory that was taken from it (the Innviertel).
1780 – The Cumberland Compact is signed by leaders of the settlers in early Tennessee.
1787 – Captain Arthur Phillip leaves Portsmouth, England, with eleven ships full of convicts (the "First Fleet") to establish a penal colony in Australia.
1804 – Forces sent by Yusuf Karamanli of Tripoli to retake Derna from the Americans attack the city.
1830 – Ecuador gains its independence from Gran Colombia.

1846 – Mexican–American War: The United States declares war on Mexico.
1861 – American Civil War: Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom issues a "proclamation of neutrality" which recognizes the breakaway states as having belligerent rights.
1861 – The Great Comet of 1861 is discovered by John Tebbutt of Windsor, New South Wales, Australia.
1861 – Pakistan's (then a part of British India) first railway line opens, from Karachi to Kotri.
1862 – The USS Planter, a steamer and gunship, steals through Confederate lines and is passed to the Union, by a southern slave, Robert Smalls, who later was officially appointed as captain, becoming the first black man to command a United States ship.
1864 – American Civil War: Battle of Resaca: The battle begins with Union General Sherman fighting toward Atlanta.
1865 – American Civil War: Battle of Palmito Ranch: In far south Texas, the last land battle of the Civil War ends with a Confederate victory.
1880 – In Menlo Park, New Jersey, Thomas Edison performs the first test of his electric railway.
1888 – With the passage of the Lei Áurea ("Golden Law"), Empire of Brazil abolishes slavery.
1909 – The first Giro d'Italia starts from Milan. Italian cyclist Luigi Ganna will be the winner.
1912 – The Royal Flying Corps, the forerunner of the Royal Air Force, is established in the United Kingdom.
1917 – Three children report the first apparition of Our Lady of Fátima in Fátima, Portugal.

1939 – The first commercial FM radio station in the United States is launched in Bloomfield, Connecticut. The station later becomes WDRC-FM.
1940 – World War II: Germany's conquest of France begins as the German army crosses the Meuse. Winston Churchill makes his "blood, toil, tears, and sweat" speech to the House of Commons.
1940 – Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands flees her country to Great Britain after the German invasion. Princess Juliana takes her children to Canada for their safety.
1941 – World War II: Yugoslav royal colonel Dragoljub Mihailović starts fighting with German occupation troops, beginning the Serbian resistance.
1943 – World War II: German Afrika Korps and Italian troops in North Africa surrender to Allied forces.
1948 – Arab–Israeli War: The Kfar Etzion massacre is committed by Arab irregulars, the day before the declaration of independence of the state of Israel on May 14.
1950 – The first round of the Formula One World Championship is held at Silverstone.

1951 – The 400th anniversary of the founding of the National University of San Marcos is commemorated by the opening of the first large-capacity stadium in Peru.
1952 – The Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Parliament of India, holds its first sitting.
1954 – The anti-National Service Riots, by Chinese middle school students in Singapore, take place.
1954 – The original Broadway production of The Pajama Game opens and runs for another 1,063 performances. Later received three Tony Awards for Best Musical, Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical, and Best Choreography.
1958 – During a visit to Caracas, Venezuela, Vice President Richard Nixon's car is attacked by anti-American demonstrators.
1958 – May 1958 crisis: A group of French military officers lead a coup in Algiers demanding that a government of national unity be formed with Charles de Gaulle at its head in order to defend French control of Algeria.
1958 – Ben Carlin becomes the first (and only) person to circumnavigate the world by amphibious vehicle, having travelled over 17,000 kilometres (11,000 mi) by sea and 62,000 kilometres (39,000 mi) by land during a ten-year journey.
1960 – Hundreds of University of California, Berkeley students congregate for the first day of protest against a visit by the House Committee on Un-American Activities.

1967 – Dr. Zakir Husain becomes the third President of India. He is the first Muslim President of the Indian Union. He holds this position until August 24, 1969.
1972 – Faulty electrical wiring ignites a fire underneath the Playtown Cabaret in Osaka, Japan. Blocked exits and non-functional elevators lead to 118 fatalities, with many victims leaping to their deaths.
1972 – The Troubles: A car bombing outside a crowded pub in Belfast sparks a two-day gun battle involving the Provisional IRA, Ulster Volunteer Force and British Army. Seven people are killed and over 66 injured.
1980 – An F3 tornado hits Kalamazoo County, Michigan. President Jimmy Carter declares it a federal disaster area.
1981 – Mehmet Ali Ağca attempts to assassinate Pope John Paul II in St. Peter's Square in Rome. The Pope is rushed to the Agostino Gemelli University Polyclinic to undergo emergency surgery and survives.
1985 – Police release a bomb on MOVE headquarters in Philadelphia to end a stand-off, killing 11 MOVE members and destroying the homes of 250 city residents.
1989 – Large groups of students occupy Tiananmen Square and begin a hunger strike.
I rate this day a 40 degree day.

>who cares
probably the 250 people whose homes were torched

Maybe they should blame the terrorist group that decided to run their shit out of a crowded apartment complex.

cucks for cops

Any more law enforcement blunders you care to rationalize? Was vicki weaver getting shot her own fault too? Should those two paperwomen not have been driving a truck when chris dorner existed, should they complain to dorner instead of the pussies at the LAPD who magdumped the wrong color and make of a common class of vehicle?

>being this much of a bootlicker

Imma point this out since no one else has..

>botched

I bet you jack off to the fact that a US drone strike killed 47 people at a wedding

>Durr if they didnt want to be killed they shouldnt have been living in that country
>Fuck no you guys cant come into Europe fix your own shit

>250 people
>black people
>people

>Bombings are cool against the people I don't like

I think you'd be more at home in a middle eastern country.

>mudshits and niggers
>people

>Look mom I posted it again!!!

I mean I can feel bad for the victims but you bomb where the targets are.

There was no target, they were all civilians. Mass murder that has never been recognized by the United States. And then they did it again with MORE casualties. ANd then we have the gall to wonder why they are shooting at us while we invade them

>mom
Like I care what an Amerishart thinks.

I'm confused, why would you screenshot your fail?

Please lend me your power

youtu.be/4bi5Gnq9Z_A

Philadelphia cops are literally scum.

The MOVE House bombers

DO IT AGAIN BOMBER BROOKS!

>Bombings are cool against the people I don't like
That's the general idea behind bombing, yes. Thank you for getting yourself up to speed on the concept. I'm sure it was difficult to grasp for a brainlet such as yourself.

Racists are so fucking boring

>black supremacists
>not racist

>implying violent action against an inherently racist system is in itself racist

It is when your ideology is hell bent on creating another inherently racist system only this time you're not the niggers, you fucking idiot.

>They advocated a radical form of green politics and a return to a hunter-gatherer society, while stating their opposition to science, medicine, and technology.[3] As John Africa had done, his devotees changed their surnames to Africa to show reverence to what they regarded as their mother continent.[4][5][6]
>John Africa's MOVE members lived in a commune in a house owned by Glassey in the Powelton Village section of West Philadelphia. They staged bullhorn-amplified, profanity-laced demonstrations against institutions that they opposed, such as zoos (MOVE had strong views on animal rights), and speakers whose views they opposed. MOVE activities drew close scrutiny from law enforcement authorities
So basically the black version of the Waco siege.
If they wanted hunter gatherer society why didn't they just fly to Africa

Subhuman shitskin detected

>inherently racist
Ethiopia had a stable goverment so I don't see how organised society can be deemed racist

>born and raised

>Days of Rage
An excellent book. I'd recommend pairing it with Enemies by Tim Weiner.

He's proving they're two different people, not samefag like you imply (I think?). is this your first day on the Internet without the kiddie filter on?

>society made me do it!
>liberals are actually this stupid

Back you go