Why is Egypt so underrated by edgy teens LARPing as hsitorians?

Its architecture was clearly leagues beyond anything anything ever built in the rest of the world when they were around, they influenced Greek art and architecture, controlled the area of Canaan from where later the Hebrews would show up and come up with Abaramic religions, they influenced the Proto Sinaitic alphabet, the first alphabet ever, which originated Phoenician alphabet and thus the alphabets Westerners still use to this day, they were rich as fuck and had righteous laws, a deep sense of morality and were over all a great civilization:

They had a deep knowledge of medicine for their time, and also were among the first to write treaties of mathematics and geometry, their empire lasted over 2000 years, keeping their language, Gods and culture.

So why is it that edgy retards who have never opened a book (except maybe very divulgative sensationalist ones) and base their own knowledge on wikipedia and youtube videos, downplay it constantly?

They say Sumerians or even fucking Indus valley people were superior because they're "less popular civilizations" (despite even kids in elementary school being taught about Sumerians), they think to be some incredibly subversive intellectuals for knowing about the existence of Sumerians, in reality they're pathetic retards with an extremely superficial understanding of history who think they're "cool" because they know about something every 8 year old born after 1950 knew about.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhind_Mathematical_Papyrus
youtube.com/watch?v=PiBzmbs83aU
ibtimes.co.uk/indus-valley-civilization-could-be-older-egypt-mesopotamia-1563119
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>cherrypicked images
You got one of 'rome 2000 years ago' and 'africa now' aswell, fellow redditor?

That ziggurat is actually from around 3000bc

No, Egypt is overrated.

There's nothing cherrypciked about it, search all ll you want you won't find anything in Mesopotamian architecture vaguely comparable to the great Egyptian temple complexes of the middle Bronze age.

You're comparing two periods of history that did not overlap. New Kingdom Egypt was contemporary to the Assyrians and Babylonians, Sumerian power disappeared as Egyptian power became dominant.

No, it's not, it's from the early iron age.
May I ask why?

Egypt is cut off from the rest of the world, West Asia cities more frequently get destroyed or reworked.

>May I ask why?
I'll answer, but not him. Early retarded archaeologists thought Egypt was the first civilization, and all others spread out from it.

Ok, find something comparable to these: or pic related then.

Yes, 300 years ago, nobody thinks that now.

Again refer to this

All these marvelous Egyptian stuff is from the 2nd millenium bc, by the way

The main problem is that Egypt has no drama, and I imagine it's hard for people to get interested into it for that reason.

It's fun or if you're an occultist or just a person obsessed with Egyptology, but once you put that aside, you're just looking at a civilization that--despite its tremendous achievements and unparalleled longevity--remains largely impersonal.

Compare that to Sumer which, by virtue of its location, is constantly in the eyes of Abrahamicfags. And it's always brought up as a precursor if you're doing a course on Persia or reading about their rise.

I always try to get in the skin of the people I'm reading about, personally, yet when it comes to Egypt it remains completely inaccessible and I imagine it's the same for most people. I can't picture what it was like to be an Egyptian, or how their society truly function. Not saying the information isn't out there, necessarily, but it's not readily available or widespread unless you're interested in the topic (unlike say, stuff about Rome or Hellas).

Lastly, nearly every book I've tried to read on Egypt has been written by a faggot obsessed with talking about how people came upon certain findings. They seem to be more interested in the 19th century Egyptologists than Ancient Egypt itself.

theyre pretty based

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhind_Mathematical_Papyrus

Nice computed generated reconstruction, and even that doesn't compare to Egyptian temples, not at all, without 3d reconstructions.

Those you posted are jsut some plain rectangular courteyards and some poor man's pyramid (the ziqqurat)

Egyptians were on a completely different level.

How many times was Waset sacked? How many times was Sumer and Babylon sacked?

Egypt is like an island in the desert, inaccessible to most peoples, whereas the Fertile Crescent is accessible to the rest of the world.

Egypt was only attackable when Indo-Europeans mastered the use of Chariots and mobility.

Finally, you're a retard.

>Ancient Egypt
youtube.com/watch?v=PiBzmbs83aU

Is that supposed to be impressive, lol, ever seen these ones?

>Finally, you're a retard.

It didn't take long for you to show your true colors as an ad hominem arguments making moron, what a pathetic sore loser.

To be fair, you didn't respond to his argument. Civilizations located in an an area of strife are less likely to spend their time building things that won't endure.

You should read some literature from eastern Europe once the Turks came to power. Their construction efforts were either put in simple structures that could be reconstructed with ease, or monasteries located high in the mountains that could serve as mini-fortresses if need be. Nobody was building giant pyramids and sphinxes, because they were more important things to do--like make sure you aren't getting raped by Muhammads tomorrow.

As if Egyptians didn't have to deal with Nubians and Semites from the Levant 8and even Anatolians), they got conquered by the Hyksos but managed to fend them off in the end, also yeah, I've never said Sumerians and Akkadians didn't have reasons for having shit tier architecture compared to contemporary Egyptian, but that's how things went down.

What would you recommend as a good starter book on Egypt? I have the Rise and Fall of Ancient Egypt by Wilkinson. Any better options?

I've read that book and it's great, I suggest Writings from ancient Egypt by Wilkinson too.

Because there is absolutely nothing interesting about it. Just sand and pyramids.

>Because there is absolutely nothing interesting about it. Just sand and pyramids.

Wew, lad. Don't you have some stormfag thread to attend to?

>le stormfag
>back to /pol/

Don't you think this is geting old?

He's a retard, he's triggered because Egyptians are in Africa and he just can't deal with it, so he either claims that they were Nordics or he tries to downplay it in his own retarded way.

>Lol it's just le pyramids

Despite Egyptian structures being very diversified: huge palaces, fortifications, temples, etc...

It's overrated if anything.

>Don't you think this is getting old?

No. off you go

Yes, which is why you should take a gun and fucking kill yourself. You and the rest of your misbegotten kind. You're a cancer upon Veeky Forums and every other board you frequent.

They were not Nordics, they weren't black either.

Furthermore I have a great interest in the Achaemenid Empire and the Han dynasty, so your logic is false.

You're the cancer, actually. Every time someone says something that doesn't suit your agenda you immediately start assaulting that person with insults.

If you want a safe place to go to, reddit is that place for you. There you can downvote people which who you disagree with. Veeky Forums is a free board and everyone has the right to express their opinion, whether that is to your liking or not.

No, it is not, shitposting racist retards like you need to fuck off.

How the fuck am I a racist? Point me at a post of mine where I said a single racist thing. Please.

>my agenda

You mean, talking about history? ON A HISTORY BOARD?

Also, you don't have an opinion, cupcake. Saying Egypt is just sand and pyramids are dumb words that would never leave the mouth of anyone that's seriously committed to history.

You're just a retarded shitposter, so get the fuck out.

You're not talking about history, your only job here is to shout "/POL/, /POL/, /POL/" at anyone who might disagree which you.

>Also, you don't have an opinion, cupcake. Saying Egypt is just sand and pyramids are dumb words that would never leave the mouth of anyone that's seriously committed to history.

Learn the meaning of the word "hyperbole".

>You're just a retarded shitposter, so get the fuck out.
Says you... the retarded shitposter.

Babylon was conquered fewer time than Egypt by an order of magnitude.

>You're not talking about history

Except I was, you inbred mongoloid.

If talking about history implies sperging out every time someone says something that doesn't fit your agenda, then by all means... keep talking about history.

>sperging
>agenda
>reddit

And you seriously think your home isn't obvious. You're so fucking transparent. You don't even know what having an agenda means.

Why are stormfags always this retarded?

Underrated? Is it? I mean it's what got ME into history. It was cool as hell right on it's face, same as the Romans. If young up-and-coming historians aren't looking into it, that'd be a shame.

Check out ancient Egypt dudes! It's totally cool and amazingly sophisticated.

>or even fucking Indus valley people were superior
Honestly speaking, the only cool thing about the Indus Valley is how developed it was for it's time period.

They built houses that could withstand seasonal floods, an urban sanitation systems that all houses were connected to, sewage drains and the world's first proto-dentistry. Their streets cut each other off directlyat right angles and they had (designed) dockyards, granaries and warehouses, . It was pretty massive too, more than a thousand settlements have been found. Also possibly the worlds first attempt at metallurgy.

But other than that it was pretty mediocre. Egypt lasted much longer and was much cooler. We just don't hear much about the IVC (but that's mostly because we're still learning about it)

here's a statue they found from it too

>an urban sanitation systems that all houses were connected to, sewage drains and the world's first proto-dentistry

Egyptians literally all that, plus the first surgical tools ever were found in Egypt

I still like Indus valley civ a lot, but seeing Egypt downplayed by retards is irritating.

>Also possibly the worlds first attempt at metallurgy.

Nah, that happened South Eastern Europe and West Asia

>I still like Indus valley civ a lot, but seeing Egypt downplayed by retards is irritating.
Veeky Forums isn't real life. Most people don't know about the IVC (hell even I didn't until a few months ago) but everybody knows about the Egyptians.

Personally I think people are just trying to be contrarian.

>Egyptians literally all that, plus the first surgical tools ever were found in Egypt
That's true. I'm pretty sure the Egyptians did everything the IVC did (and much more) but with time. Some items were (allegedly) found out to be made as many as eight millennia ago:
ibtimes.co.uk/indus-valley-civilization-could-be-older-egypt-mesopotamia-1563119

Personally, I don't see why there's a need to compare them desu. They were both great in their own era.

>Nah, that happened South Eastern Europe and West Asia
Oh yeah I forgot about that. Ukraine wasn't it?

>Oh yeah I forgot about that. Ukraine wasn't it?

Bulgaria, Ukraine, Romania and Anatolia, remember that during that time people from Romania were originally Anatolian farmers, so I don't think it's a coincidence that they were the first to smelt copper around the same time.

>Bulgaria, Ukraine, Romania and Anatolia, remember that during that time people from Romania were originally Anatolian farmers, so I don't think it's a coincidence that they were the first to smelt copper around the same time.

Have they managed to explain why they were the first to conceptualize it and not the rest of Eurasia; yet?

you just know the /pol/tard is a /pol/tard when they say the word "agenda"

Probably because Anatolians and other Near Easterners were the first to develop agriculture and found sedentary settlements, while the rest of the world was populated by hunter gatherers who didn't have the time or the interest for making better tools, while in agricultural societies people could specialize

fair enough. Thanks!

Is this Serious Sam?

Are the Dacians different from the people that came from Anatolia, or simply what they became?

Dacians came 5000 years later, so they were different genetically since they had mixed with PIE nomadic sheperds from Eastern Ukraine/The Northen Caucasus

This guy gets it.

ok

Indus Valley is underrated,

Not really, it's just not known, also they probably didn't even write.

>also they probably didn't even write.
How's it possible to construct uniform buildings and develop metal without writing?
They developed the first proto-ruler iirc.

No idea

Fucking drumpfags need to go back to their board instead of trying to spread their agenda here

It's uncertain if their script conveyed a language or if it was just proto-writing, personally I think it conveyed a language but it's still debated., they are all very short inscriptions on average.

>and develop metal without writing?

Metal was smelted in all of Neolithic and Bronze age Europe+Africa and they surely didn't have writing.

They did write, we just haven't disciphered the script yet. Also, they had such an advanced system of weights and measures that the Sumerians took to using Harrapan eights and measures for their own internal trade, since every Sumerian city state had its own system that was incompatible with every other system.

It's still uncertain if it's writing or proto writing

Have we discovered all of these writing tablets? Maybe it could be both, they were around for quite a while.

Wait, what do you mean?

It was most likely writing, pic related, Sanscript used a Harappan character

Why are you so butthurt? you're all Arabs now anyway, don't insult your Iraqi brothers

I am Italian

t. Hamid al Misri the Egyptian refugee

It really isn't, it's a syllabary based on the number of unique signs found, and the Harrapans had extensive contact with Sumer so there's no way they didn't know about writing. The fact they didn't adopt cuneiform pretty much proves that the Indus Symbols are a form of writing. There's also the fact that no civilization has ever been known that DIDN'T develop writing within 100 years or so.

I'm saying that as expeditions in the IVC aren't fully complete, they could possibly have transitioned from proto to normal.

But that's just my own hypothesis. Even if they're writing was proto, they still did much in spite of it.

It was probably writing

>One of the most significant discoveries at Dholavira was made in one of the side rooms of the northern gateway of the city, and is generally known as the Dholavira Signboard. The Harappans had arranged and set pieces of the mineral gypsum to form ten large symbols or letters on a big wooden board.[27] At some point, the board fell flat on its face. The wood decayed, but the arrangement of the letters survived. The letters of the signboard are comparable to large bricks that were used in nearby walls. Each sign is about 37 cm (15 in) high and the board on which letters were inscribed was about 3 m (9.8 ft) long.[28] The inscription is one of the longest in the Indus script, with one symbol appearing four times, and this and its large size and public nature make it a key piece of evidence cited by scholars arguing that the Indus script represents full literacy.
Incas didn't, but yeah, it probably is writing.

>Incas didn't

Quipu were a writing system. Also, the Incan civilization was less than 100 years old.

Yes, but there were far older civilizations in Peru, also quipu probably didn't convey a language if I am not msitaken

>if I am not msitaken

You are mistaken.

Prove it

No.

why do cretins with nothing to add to discussions keep coming here and shitting things up?

Nubians never developed their own written language, they adapter Egypt's formal hieroglyph system sometime after moving to Meroe iirc

Nubians never achieved civilization either so it doesn't matter. And yes, adopting writing from a neighbor is the usual way it happens, but when you don't have any literate neighbors, you have to invent it for yourself.

They did have their own script, even if they burrowed it from another civilization
You're a pol retard, so arguing with you is useless, but Nubians had their own civilization with cities and monuments, and even conquered Egypt.

You got a shitty attitude OP but I agree with you, Ancient Egypt is underrated AF and we know so much about it compared to other ancient societies

Who the fuck underrates Egypt?

I learned about that shit in the first grade.

We made those clay tablets with your name on it, that you hang around your neck, and then we wrapped the principle in toilet paper and buried him in the sandbox.

Shit was cash.

>Who the fuck underrates Egypt?

Retards on his

Ancient Egypt is underrated?
Funny, I thought the same thing about Ancient Mesopotamia. Are the two really switched around now?

>principal

fucking homophones

A while ago there was some guy who said he was an Assyriologist, and Ancient Egypt got way more attention than Mesopotamia because it was easier to do archaeology in Egypt without getting bombed.

not him but, the Egyptians were cut off from the rest of civilization, they were the last to technologies that spread around Eurasia first, this is why some nomads overrun them with ease, the Hyksos. It was only after this period that the Egyptians became a recognized power in the region, without the influx of northern peoples, Egypt would not be famous at all, just some weird people who built a pyramid.

Even after this, the pattern was permanently northern people becoming more advanced and then conquering them.

No man is an island, Egypt's strength was being cut off from other peoples, but it also was their weakness.

>nobody LARPs as Egyptians

>Egypt would not be famous at all, just some weird people who built a pyramid.

No, it would still be famous, no one else built such massive monuments so far back in time, and they already had written a lot before getting conquered by the Hyksos, and it's not just the pyramids, they already had all kinds of structures such as pic related and already had reached a high level of urbanization and proficiency in various arts

also

>a pyramids

More like dozens of them, many of whcih are fuckiong massiven and required a lot of laborers, a testimony to a highly organized society, they were already impressive before the Hyksos got them

Also

>Cut off from civilization

They're close to the Levant which already had some urban settlements back in the early bronze age, they were easily reachable by boat both from people living in Cyprus and in Crete, they bordered Nubia which started getting urbanized already in the 3rd millenium bc, they weren't cut off from civilizations.

Also I've never said they were not influenced by anyone else, that's a strawman argument you're making, every civilization on earth was influenced by others.

>More like dozens of them, many of whcih are fuckiong massiven and required a lot of laborers, a testimony to a highly organized society, they were already impressive before the Hyksos got them

I know their history, they used pic related originally, fired Bricks, this was a northern technology that they used. So their Pyramids are based upon northern peoples. My point being proven again. (pic related)

The Sumerian proto culture was urbanized in the 6th millennium BC and related to the cultures close to Lebanon. The Iranian cultures were even urbanized around this time also.

Egypt was exposed to the northern peoples.

aerial view

> know their history, they used pic related originally, fired Bricks, this was a northern technology that they used. So their Pyramids are based upon northern peoples

Oh my God, and?

It's like saying Romans didn't achieve anything because Greeks built the arch first.

Yes, no one stated Egyptians were some kind of God on earth, yes, they aren't aliens so of course they got influenced by different proto hsitoric culture, but if we want go back to the invention of brick we're talking 7500 bc and back then the people who lived in Egypt were probably barely related to the ones who would have lived there in 3000 bc.

It's like saying

>hum you know neolithic Levantines came up with farming, therefore Greeks wouldn't have existed without them!!!

We're going so far back in time that comparing those people doesn't make sense, Egyptians didn't exist in 7000 bc ethnically, they probable were more related to Neolithic Levantines than to whoever lived around the Nile in 7500 bc

>Egypt was exposed to the northern peoples.

And?

No one ever denied that, also the Sumerian proto culture were just small towns and illiterate, and didn't influence Egypt directly, it was probably whoever built Jericho that migrated towards Egypt en masse during the early neolithic and populated Egypt, not those who built Eridu.

You know, I only return to get a laugh from you.

A laugh because I possess a brain?

Kill yourself, you won't be missed.

>you're le mad yet xDDDDD

Back to R*ddit

>R*ddit
Don't have an account, but you're arse is rosy red right about now.

kek I youred
>you're
your

>culture
>arts
>architecture
>medicine

Booooring

/pol/ is trying cultural imperialism. Shitting things up with memes and insults.