Bip91 is rising by the minute

I've been watching this for an hour and it went from 27 to 36 in no time. I got out of LTC, not FUDing just saying it might be time to consider nothing will happen by Aug 1st.

Other urls found in this thread:

xbt.eu/
coin.dance/blocks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone with a brain just used the aug 1st meme to fud the shit out of bitcoin for a cheap buy in.

Holy shit are we really about to see a massive bull run to $50,000?

you thought something was going to happen aug first? the first date is july 22

It's just the date that gets thrown around. I work a day job and am not a neet or a whale so my info is only so up to date...sorry for not being "cool".

What does this mean? Safe to hold your shit in alts or sell all to go into btc?

Well if it reaches 80% then its set...honestly after 51% it's pretty much a done deal. At that point BTC will most likely rocket upwards.

Sorry I am a cunt and forgot to post a link so you can check its progress.

xbt.eu/

well i understand i do also work. but as a whale i have to keep my money on lock. i research shit you know like read stuff. but anyways it was all fear to scare all the newfags they werre hoping it would go down to 1800 and for a min i though that might happen

Cunt

Yes a hairy one.

Knew it.

Yeah I try, but at the end of the day I'm just a tourist (cunt).

so as a nocoiner, i buy now?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO LTC?

why would it crash/tank?

You were supposed to buy yesterday but might have another chance on Sunday

LOL I've been seeing people unironically post about segwit2x actually for the past week, incredible really

*actually happening

Well most of the rise on LTC (for me at least) was due to the speculation that BTC would fork around August 1st. So I imagine others were persuaded by this reasoning and invested in LTC until after the perceived turmoil of a BTC fork happening. But if this Bip91 wins out then no fork happens and anyone who jumped into LTC might abandon ship knowing BTC is going to adjust upwards (2200-3000+). If that happens then LTC would probably loose out as there is no longer reason to use it as a hedge.

what if BIP91 approaches 50%?

pls respond

Dude I just buy the market not the tech. If it gains momentum then for me it becomes less of a stable investment to be in LTC. I still have about $1k left in LTC but have moved most of it out...weak hands whatever I know.

You have a point. Although if btc goes up, traders and investors will want to put some money in alts too. Also ltc is still called the "sliver" of crypto.
But if btc will be able to have fast transactions now and low fees then there would be no practical point in ltc anymore.

OP, could you explain what each of these means to people like me? As if we were 5 years old?

>silver of crypto

buy btc

The game is always rigged in BTC's favor..because most whales don't want fiat they want more BTC. I know it sounds stupid but it took me time to resolve this in my mind. Very few of them care about how fast or better any new product is. Alts are just a means to acquire more BTC for them. I'm sure you're aware of this but maybe others aren't. Right now there is no reason to supplant BTC with anything better in their minds. I mean think about it this way...would you want something better to come along and displace your giant horde of BTC with something better?

>buy btc
>put btc into alts as btc climbs 300-400 dollars

you balls deep in BTC you stupid fuck

G-guys I don't want to sell my LTC yet. Any chance it hits the previous ATH of 60$ ?

I bought in at below 30$ so I'm not selling at a loss, but LTC deserves to be higher than it is now.

>btc ripoff with upgrades
>btc gets upgraded
>it deserves to be higher

Essentially you have four different BTC horses (or more) in the race. One has taken the lead where before there was uncertainty and a possible four way tie that would lead to turmoil. The race was to end August 1st (or July 22nd according to the other poster) but now it is looking like one is winning out more than the other. So now people are betting on that horse...at the end of the race one flavor of BTC will win and its looking at this moment to be Bip91. So any hedges people had outside of the race will come back into the race since a winner appears to be coming in the lead.

>btc ripoff
basically every coin. What's your point
With all these new exchanges adding litecoin to fiat conversion, and more and more businesses accepting it, it seems to me that Litecoin deserves at least a 4-5billon dollar cap.

back to 1 dollar with you

OooOOOooO 30% profit!
Sorry mate, ltc isn't going to $120 anytime soon.
Alt-coins will easily tripple, and btc probably too.
LTC, well, theres' really not much of a use in it.
I love LTC, btc is dogshit, but with BTC upgrades LTC is no longer really any better. It's just less supported.

That's no fun.
Then on top of that it has no other real advantage over other coins. Charlie hyped it as well as FUD in BTC.
Now, well, it has no real place.

Gonna wait a little bit tbqh before I sell, Veeky Forums is always wrong after all.

Yeah this is why I have about $1k still in. I hate speculating and am more of a HODL fag but this issue kinda made me have to adjust.

July 21 should be the final version release of Segwit2x, right?

At any rate, we should see a steady up tick as promised pools switch over.

If a pool backs out though or really stalls...get nervous. Support for Segwit2x does seem to be so universal that it would probably take coordination by multiple pools to break their agreements to keep support below threshold.

someone please explain to a brainlet what i should do

gas all my alts and cold store BTC?

> silver of crypto

no one actually believes that except ltc fanboys

go hard into BTC. dip is over. next stop: moon

1. BTC's fees won't change due to BIP91, fees will still be high. This is why LTC is needed as the transaction fees are much lower. Even Charlie supports core+bip91.

2. LTC has a 2.5 minute block time, it's still not good enough for speedy transactions which is why lightning network was created which takes 1 second or less.

Unless LN gets implemented on Bitcoin after segwit and is adopted by those who accept BTC... LTC will still be better.

What's the difference between each proposal?

How does BIP91, SegWit and BU are different from one another?

WTF happens if BIP wins? no fork?

I just dumped all my LTC for BTC, I'm not even joking

> BIP Wins

you'll have to sell

where does this image come from

why

segwit will get approved tonight fucking buy now

xbt.eu/

ty

>screenshot-www.xbt.eu 2017-07-17 13-39-44.png

one day i wont be here to hold your hand when you forget how to piss, youll need to fend for yourself you braindead slob

But BIP91 is much higher than SegWit on the graph.

last 9 blocks have been bip91 we are at 40.3 percent 80 percent needed to be accepeted

someone will spoonfeed me

BIP91 is SegWit2x. The first part of BIP91 implements with Segwit coming online, then a 2MB hardfork 90 days later.

>y i wont be here to hold y
bip91 is segwit but will a node that stats that after 80 percent any block that does not run bip91 will not work the block will be dismissed. this is why there will be no hard fork. segwit will create a hard fork bip91 is segwit with no hard fork

can you stop posting such scary images? this is a blue board

xbt.eu/
coin.dance/blocks

Which will it be bip91 or segwit2x or both? so confused

so realistically why are there 24% signalling "SegWit" then

segwit is dead bip91 will be approved tonight

f2pool still voting for sw tho but i think they are just late to the game due to this happening 4 hours ago

but they did mine a empty block so fuck them

how can the 80% consensus be reached if 25% are signalling bitcoin unlimited

Can't Jihan just be messing with you guys?

I hate this chink

BIP91 is Segwit2x.

Before the miners were signalling they would signal Segwit2x when it was released. Now it's been released they're starting to signal the real thing.

tazo can rot in hell fucking jew/chich

so can you explain why Antpool is signalling BIP91?
I thought they wanted BU

I am so confused about this whole thing...

where is that chart come from?

jesus christ haha

xbt.eu/

it has been posted 7 times in this thread i wont post it again

They did want BU, but they decided getting some scaling accomplished was more urgent and Segwit2x was able to get broad support. That's why they signed the NY agreement.

My guess is that they'll continue signalling for BU post Segwit2x- so they'll try to get future block-size increases to be accomplished dynamically rather than through hard forks.

I was under the impression that SegWit makes the ASIC boost hardware obsolete or something?

why would they want that... since they are the creators and biggest users...

So BIP91 is up to 42% now

What happens when it hits 80% ? Does a fundamental change occur ? Could it drop again after it reaches 80% ?

at 80 percent bip91 is locked and anyone not runing bip91 programs will be regected

Because else Bitcoin dies and thier massive investment goes to waste.

You pretty much have ETH to thank for this, if it wasn't for that flippening bullshit the miners would never be this keen to get a scaling resolution.

link to website

ok true

What will happen to altcoins other than LTC? Will they increase because they go through BTC to get to fiat or go down?

eth altcoins will allways be shit just remember that

D-DELETE THIS

>mfw holding 10k in shitcoins (CFI SAN SNT)

are you unironically bitching about competition

so why are there still people signalling "SegWit"

can we reliably expect those 23% of segwit supporters to switch to BIP91

still early in china?

No I'm saying it was a good thing.

>Low fees

That's where you're wrong kiddo, the miners aren't going to give up their bread and butter. So even if LTC and BTC are equally fast, transacting in litecoin will still be cheaper.

Duh. I shorted it all the way to the bottom. Only missed the complete bottom by $50. I has more Bitcoins.

about 90% of the hashrate signalled that they would signal BIP91 when released.

T-thanks dad.

and you'll be able to switch to ltc from btc fast with lightning network...enabling you to purchase shit on the fly

we are at 45 percent for anyone saying this will will not happen in a coupe of hours is stupid. we will get segwit tonight

7am china time

45% now GG WP

(will buy more in the next days for moon mission)

shits acceleratin yo

LTC seems to be relatively stable compared to the dollar so far. Assuming BTC moons hard, and LTC falls to like 0.016 or something, LTC holders will still have profited by the end of this

Dumped my ltc and went into btc, but keeping my other alts (ANT, ARK, RDD) where they are

This seems too good to be true.

What's up his sleeve?

its still going